+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the point in doing larders anymore since 3.0?

Whats the point in doing larders anymore since 3.0?

Just came back and played prior to 3.0 I used to do larders for gold in land or cross continent to east. But now since they removed shatigon's blessings (cheaper resources because it uses vocation) it now uses 1 royal seed PER larder. On my auction cluster 1 royal seed=9g. That -9g loss plus the mats alone make doing larders no longer worth it... u make the same if not less that u'd get from regular/fertilizer packs... if not less gold now, that is also not factoring in how much labor it costs to do larders versus regular packs. Even if u bring those larders for resources like charcoal u don't make that much more... and it depends on the cost of charcoal stabilizers on ah and royal seed prices on ah. It only takes 1 ship full of larders lost too to make it not worth it at all. I can only justify doing it now if u received the royal seed yourself via farming. Is there any other way to get it?

Yesterday I planted about 400 tomato seeds, got 60 gold from selling royal seeds. If I would decide to make larderds I can get 110-130 gold even with short trade route up to 240g with long... Just 20k farming...
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Makes it more bot friendly.

I'm surprised the prices are still this high on the seeds. I would have thought people would've botted the crap out of this by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Laddin View Post
    I'm surprised the prices are still this high on the seeds. I would have thought people would've botted the crap out of this by now.
    To make it clear, Plox is a liar and many of similar creations are easy to detect.
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

im just shocked because i heard they made changes but i didn't know they would cost 9g or be this rare to get lol... is it possible to it get off bundles or purely single plant? rip there goes my idea of making gold...

Quote Originally Posted by ColdestHeart View Post
    im just shocked because i heard they made changes but i didn't know they would cost 9g or be this rare to get lol... is it possible to it get off bundles or purely single plant? rip there goes my idea of making gold...
    Off single plant, which belongs to Farming proficiency.

There are various reasons why I plant 1 seed, mainly the highest possible efficiency of gold/labor VS the crop amount. Incorrent climate, bundles or farmhouse fields are not providing that much crops, including royal seeds.

Even when I am not making larders out of them, this approach add more than 16% to crop yield, and additional 13-16% in daily gold income.

Royal seeds only come from single planted farming seed. They can come from wild harvest also. They do not come from "harvest" plants like mushroom.

Strange, but true...

Take from this what you will.

I have a farming prof of about 80K. I have more success getting royal seeds from items like carrots and yams that grow wild than I do on my own farm. I could pick all the carrots, for instance, outside of Caernord, and get two or three seeds out of the 5-minute gathering time. Same with yams in Rokhala. If I planted the same amount of yams or carrots on my own land, I wouldn't get as many seeds. I never single plant anymore, but I definitely do a lot of single-harvesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidalia View Post
    Take from this what you will.

I have a farming prof of about 80K. I have more success getting royal seeds from items like carrots and yams that grow wild than I do on my own farm. I could pick all the carrots, for instance, outside of Caernord, and get two or three seeds out of the 5-minute gathering time. Same with yams in Rokhala. If I planted the same amount of yams or carrots on my own land, I wouldn't get as many seeds. I never single plant anymore, but I definitely do a lot of single-harvesting.
    That's an interesting anecdote and worth testing further. Have you ever kept track of how many plants you harvest and drop rates on wild vs planted of the same types?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast