+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Darkrunner/Abo Stat migration

Darkrunner/Abo Stat migration

I'm running a leather set(5/5obs) with dualwield (ss/katana/shield) and was wondering which stat to migrate into. I was thinking about replacing int for agi but i don't know if thats wise.. Anyone has a clue on what to do for this?

get rid of int and spiri and get all agi. As a DR you want to crit, so get crit rate.

get rid of spirit before int, but do put it all into agi
    "You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw." - Bill Watterson

Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Archeage is not a PvP game.

Doesn't spirit help with off-combat regen when u stealth?

Str is more of a defensive stat. Abolisher or anything with shield benefits a lot from STR (block + parry). With the right shield setup in a str heavy build you can mitigate 100% of forward physical damage though maybe more useful for PvE than PvP.

DPS-wise, mid-range 1h weapons benefit decently from STR due to having lower base attack. Agil may be marginally better for DPS here but it doesn't give block rate.

For higher end weapons and 2h weapons agility is better in terms of pure DPS from crits.
    Zeferres cloth melee and archeage millionaire Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyres View Post
    Str is more of a defensive stat. Abolisher or anything with shield benefits a lot from STR (block + parry). With the right shield setup in a str heavy build you can mitigate 100% of forward physical damage though maybe more useful for PvE than PvP.

DPS-wise, mid-range 1h weapons benefit decently from STR due to having lower base attack. Agil may be marginally better for DPS here but it doesn't give block rate.

For higher end weapons and 2h weapons agility is better in terms of pure DPS from crits.
    For melee id say that strength is probably the better stat overall, Agility does give crit and it gives quite alot for melees, the more often you crit the higher your damage will be especially if you stack crit bonus, something all melees should be doing, That being said, crit increases the odds of doing consistantly high damage but does not directly add to damage potential, furthermore, it is possible to momentarily boost your crit rate for important abilities using items such as the pioneer's earring, positional attacks on precision strike will also increase your crit rate. Criting generally adds more critting as well, piercing adds crit chance, delirium now adds skill damage rather than crit chance however.

Where Agility falls off is that it also adds weight to useless stats such as ranged damage and ranged accurary, it also adds weight to non-ideal stats such as evasion which may be more useful with a 2 hander to avoid ranged attacks, but can't help reset your battlerage tree like parry can.

As previously mentioned, i prefer strength because it adds damage potential, 100 points of strength adds 20 attack damage, 20 attack damage with an honor pot is 23 attack damage. The higher your attack damage is, the more you benefit from an honor pot, this is what i refer to as a 'Steroid' buff and it is among the most abusable kind of buffs in a game because you are in essence getting free damage from simply having more damage.

Damage is also the single most important stat for a dps class, it is at the core of every ability you do and higher damage abilities take more damage into consideration because of the percentage of damage they consider (Skill damage) is higher. when an ability crits it takes the damage (which may be modified by backstab damage) multiplied by the skill damage, multiplied by the crit damage bonus, this is the 'Damage potential' of an individual attack and it grows much higher based on the original number on attack damage at the beginner, ofcourse adding more chances to crit can also raise your overall damage output, stats such as damage reduction, toughness and resilience all reduce lower incoming damage, especially on crits.

Long story short, it's better to have enormous crits on individual abilities than it is to have medium crits on all of your abilities. While abilities such as triple slash and overwhelm would be nice to crit with, the damage potential on these abilities is low enough that the difference between critting or not doesn't make much difference.

As you had previously mentioned, Strength is a great stat because it is entirely melee oriented, it adds parry, strength, attack damage and melee accuracy.

If you prefer agility over strength it's not like your character is broken, crit is still very good but i prefer to go with the stat that has the best opportunity to kill my opponent before they can react and in order to do that i need to have as much attack damage as i possibly can.
    Wearer of Metal
    WORLD CHAMPS
    "Disaster is Better than NaCl" - Aramos
    "Celia is the best player in Archeage history" - Celia
    "Plz don't kill me Celia" - Murdered innocent

I would still go for agi all day. As a DR i want to hit hard. So make sure you get as much crit. rate and crit. dmg. as you can. Strenght is fine but imo its all about crits. You can easy get over 40% crit. rate and 115%+ crit. dmg. Also you should not run 5/5 Obsidian. At some point your base dmg. from your weapon should be by far enough if you are going for epic ayanad or higher. Stuff like the Ayanad Earring only last for 2 seconds and now think about how often you get cc'ed when you engage. Also evasion is strong especially with the passiv from Shadowplay. But all this applies only if you are going for a crit build, which you should as a DR imo. In the end it all depends on your playstyle. For me the crit/evasion build works just fine and i hit like a truck.

Thanks everyone all of your inputs are great im learning alot haha . I'm full obsidian so i might go strength as it gives me the chance to re-spec into abo too. The only issue that i'll have is not having enough crit rate though to put some consistency into the crit dmg that i have built up. Tough decisions...

If you take a str DR verse a Agil DR, the str DR will win more often. If you want to play a DR that just pops in, 2-3 hits, then runs away, go agility. If you want a DR that can fight a sustained fight, go str.

I have always enjoyed watching the Agility script kitty DRs try to flee as I parry away and beat the f- outa em.

Agi all the way for 2h dark runners. Gives you a ton of crit plus evasion which you should be using if you are a 2h dr anyways.

+ Reply to Thread