+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vocational shop and royal seeds

Vocational shop and royal seeds

I am about fed up with this. Royal seeds are staying about 8g each and natural rubber has hit 100g each.

The vocational shop changes were neither wanted or needed. Putting rubber trees on there along with pines? Natural rubber was one of the larger portions of making a car at 10g each on legacy servers. Now, since they are on the vocational shop for 300 badges each, they have climbed to 100g each. That makes just the tires portion of a car 8000g. Then there's pine trees. Why on earth were they put on there? If you did it because of the thunderstruck prices, let me illuminate you. The thunderstruck prices were lower than intended BECAUSE OF RUMBLING SAPLINGS! Not because pines were too cheap. You crashed the TS market, not pines.

Then there's royal seeds. FFS, will you please stop this? You put the seeds as a requirement for larders, but apparently never stopped to do the math. The cost of the seeds alone have killed the larder benefits. Larders are no longer worth the 3 days, extra labor, and risking complete loss when stolen. That means less commerce, less land needed, less taxes, and less pvp. There is literally no upside. The only plausible explanation was to help farmers. Let me clue you in. EVERYONE HATES SINGLE PLANTING! It's not even worth the time invested anyway.

So please, either take rubber trees and pines off the vocation shop, or allow us to earn vocation like we used to. Also, please remove royal seeds from larders. You should have more than enough data to support this by now. Unless, of course, you would rather just keep frustrating whatever players you have left.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruttle2 View Post
    I am about fed up with this. Royal seeds are staying about 8g each and natural rubber has hit 100g each.

The vocational shop changes were neither wanted or needed. Putting rubber trees on there along with pines? Natural rubber was one of the larger portions of making a car at 10g each on legacy servers. Now, since they are on the vocational shop for 300 badges each, they have climbed to 100g each. That makes just the tires portion of a car 8000g. Then there's pine trees. Why on earth were they put on there? If you did it because of the thunderstruck prices, let me illuminate you. The thunderstruck prices were lower than intended BECAUSE OF RUMBLING SAPLINGS! Not because pines were too cheap. You crashed the TS market, not pines.

Then there's royal seeds. FFS, will you please stop this? You put the seeds as a requirement for larders, but apparently never stopped to do the math. The cost of the seeds alone have killed the larder benefits. Larders are no longer worth the 3 days, extra labor, and risking complete loss when stolen. That means less commerce, less land needed, less taxes, and less pvp. There is literally no upside. The only plausible explanation was to help farmers. Let me clue you in. EVERYONE HATES SINGLE PLANTING! It's not even worth the time invested anyway.

So please, either take rubber trees and pines off the vocation shop, or allow us to earn vocation like we used to. Also, please remove royal seeds from larders. You should have more than enough data to support this by now. Unless, of course, you would rather just keep frustrating whatever players you have left.
    There were like 10000 posts with each 100000000 pages about this before the patch. Believe me I get it sucks. However, we're stuck with it.

Also, I have found I have tonnes more vocation than before. Maybe how you do things needs adjusting, and pines on EU AH cost only 70 silver each, so I buy them with gold, not vocation.

My farming is only 48k, and I get 8-15 seeds per 350ish seeds. That does not take that long to plant that.

I am sure this is not what you want to hear, but it is, what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruttle2 View Post
    natural rubber has hit 100g each.
    My 230k logging is tingling.
    Termocaos | Founder since 2014
    <Pink Fluffy Unicorns>
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Janudar > Leviathan > Ezi
    Unquestioned #1 Hero of Ezi
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Omg, Bdhm worst guild ever :<" - Someone Salty 2016
    "I hate healer 1v1s, it's like slapping eachother with a band aid" - Termocaos 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Termocaos View Post
    My 230k logging is tingling.
    How do you even deal with the gcd..
    I got to 130k and stopped cuz just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurafton View Post
    How do you even deal with the gcd..
    I got to 130k and stopped cuz just too much.
    Lots of aspens back before 3.0, tons of rubber for the profit and a majestic tree once a week.

Now that 3.0 is here, from 180k to 230k the best way was majestic trees, and for a long period they sold for a really good l/s, atleast for a lazy player like me. :P
    Termocaos | Founder since 2014
    <Pink Fluffy Unicorns>
    Janudar > Leviathan > Ezi
    Unquestioned #1 Hero of Ezi
    "Omg, Bdhm worst guild ever :<" - Someone Salty 2016
    "I hate healer 1v1s, it's like slapping eachother with a band aid" - Termocaos 2017

I have 230k logging on NA and EU and I make great money from Rubber Saplings. I have 1 pavilion just for my rubber trees. I fit about 42 and average about 3 natural rubber per harvest.
    NO, Rubber didn't "reach 100g". Just because the AH went empty and someone decided to put one up for 100g to see if it would sell. Chill out. Just wait a day, it will be back down to 24g.
    And Royal Seeds for just 8g each?? Where? I'll buy it! I have 225k farming with dawnsdrop and buffs and average about 5 royal seeds/100. It's not surprising in fact if I don't get more than 2 or 3 instead!
    If you see royal seeds at 8g each, don't complain about them, buy them!!
    These are changes XL wanted to implement. On purpose. They in fact nerfed the drop rate of royal seeds because they want them to be above 9.50g each.

Move past it. Embrace it! Say "It's whatever!" and then take a deep breath! Now didn't that feel good?
    If your that crochety that these 2 things have gotten you to the point of "fed up", you might become apoplectic when the 3.5 changes to packs hit. And won't that be entertaining!

Price of seeds is based on supply and demand. People are to lazy to plant a few seeds and therefore the supply is limited. Pay up or plant.

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy View Post
    NO, Rubber didn't "reach 100g". Just because the AH went empty and someone decided to put one up for 100g to see if it would sell. Chill out. Just wait a day, it will be back down to 24g.
    It hasn't been at 24g for a very, very long time. You see, there are these things called servers. Each one is different. Just because your server group is at 24g, doesn't mean they all are

And Royal Seeds for just 8g each?? Where? I'll buy it! I have 225k farming with dawnsdrop and buffs and average about 5 royal seeds/100. It's not surprising in fact if I don't get more than 2 or 3 instead!
    If you see royal seeds at 8g each, don't complain about them, buy them!!
    8g + price of other mats = more than the difference in profit. You add in the 100% stolen turn in value, the extra labor, and the extra time, it just isn't worth it for any reason. I am happy that you have a decent drop rate on seeds, congrats. It doesn't change the math though.

These are changes XL wanted to implement. On purpose. They in fact nerfed the drop rate of royal seeds because they want them to be above 9.50g each.
    Do you have a quote? Or are you making up internet facts...

Move past it. Embrace it! Say "It's whatever!" and then take a deep breath! Now didn't that feel good?
    If your that crochety that these 2 things have gotten you to the point of "fed up", you might become apoplectic when the 3.5 changes to packs hit. And won't that be entertaining!
    You know, as many others have said before me, accepting what is handed to you without question or complaint is what's led the gaming industry to it's current state. The majority of players don't come here on the forums and complain. They just get fed up and leave. I'm sure you've noticed. I'm not saying Royal seeds and the vocational shop are making players quit, but I would wager that it is part of the issue.

People play games to have fun. If you fill a game with enough fun things, people will come and play it. If you fill the game with frustrating and boring things, players will leave. It is a simple equation. I just want to see some of these things change before too many players have taken off. Fresh start servers were supposed to be just that, a fresh start. It wasn't just a fresh start for the players, or the game, but for the developers as well. It gave them the chance to do things better instead of ruining a great game over and over. Lets fix things before it is too late.

Well I look at it from the other side of the coin. XL is the game developer, they're in Korea, I don't know how much, but I really don't think much of what our comments here on Trion forums actually reach them, so instead of being "Fed Up" like yourself about XL's changes, I look at why they made those changes. I understand why they decided to change royal seeds. It wasn't about us in NA and EU where we can have 10 alts each, it was about players in KR where 90% of them can only legally have 1 account each and get kinda miffed about the larder train advantages land barons with labor alts had going on. As for the Natural Rubber? I adapted, I knew that change was coming long before it was implemented in our region and I maxed my logging for it. I am sorry you don't play that way and instead prefer to complain about changes in order to keep things the exact way YOU prefer them.

As for packs/larders. In our current version, in my opinion, it was a lot better for me before 3.0, I used to run packs everyday (especially larders) and I've quit now, I don't like how much more materials a lot of packs cost vs the gold turn in. They just don't make sense for me to run. I make better money doing other things. Although I'd rather run packs of course.
    But in 3.5 we're getting a HUGE overhaul to how packs work & by that time, I'm sure you won't care much about royal seeds anymore.
    They are changing the materials in I think it's 35 packs, and giving a HUGE boost to most trade runs. Safe runs. So much of a boost that the turn in value for your pre 3.0 larders will seem quite disappointing in comparison.

I didn't like the change to royal seeds either. And NO a 5% drop rate is not good. I don't know how you came to that particular conclusion. But it's a rather accurate percentage we've come up with and can present as a decent argument to Trion if we want to ask them to talk with XL about raising the drop rate in our region.
    Railing about how the changes piss you off & declaring that you're "fed up" is rather childish. Even demanding that the game was much better before and now it's unplayable. No offense, I just want to point out that that kind of looks like a grown up throwing a fit. I don't think developers make changes based on random posts like that. And Americans & Canadians make a LOT of silly forum posts like that.

Why do you think Natural rubber is so unbalanced? It's because you're building a car. Once you've built your car, you won't care either way. But XL sees this change as a way that logging can be very profitable for those of us that spend time chopping trees - always! Not just for the month you're building YOUR car. Try to look at the big picture. And I promise, they are NOT going to stay at 100g on your server. Otherwise you'll have 600 logging alts on your server doing nothing BUT LOGGING because of how good that money is without ever undercutting each other to make some quick money. Yeah right.

Why haven't you complained as well about the price of mysterious garden powder then? I've built 3 cars now myself and I remember it's around 170 of those. Is that not costing you thousands of gold as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Allyanna View Post
    Price of seeds is based on supply and demand. People are to lazy to plant a few seeds and therefore the supply is limited. Pay up or plant.
    a few seeds don't give you even near enough royal seeds, you need to plant at least a thousand to get 4-6 of them. If you have the patience to do that, plant thousand of seeds every week, then good for you!
    System specs:

Windows 7 ultimate 64bit;
    AMD FX-8320 3.50ghz;
    Sapphire DUAL-X R9 270x;
    8gb 1600mhz;
    Router: Linksys E900

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast