+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kyrios vs Ollo events and pvp?

Kyrios vs Ollo events and pvp?

I haven't played AA for about 2yrs, was just too many hacks, exploits and bots before. I played at launch on Ollo. Was in Black Knights, Nuia Trading Company and Lords of the Dead, I've been trying to gather up to date information on the state of the game and have come across ALOT of chatter that Kyrios is the most pop server and most active pvp now. Was just wondering if the two factions are balanced? is the pop decent or only during events? any land avail.?
    I'm already on a legacy server and have no interest in the FS servers. Trion already pulled that fast one with Morpheus. I don't see any free transfers still avail. so I'm just looking for some up to date info whether it is worth it to pay to transfer from Ollo to Kyrios?
    Right now I'm only looking for pve to get back used to the game and get my GS back up. I heard GHA grinding is good for starter gear if that is accurate? but will be interested in daily pvp and events after about a month. All input is appreciated..

yeah kyrios is the most active and populated pvp server atm, but if you are looking for pve and getting your gear up i wouldn't recommend coming to kyrios. you will get PK'd if you get caught running packs, and pretty much everyone is too geared to bother running GHA. there are smaller guilds that still do that type of thing (on the west that i know of). id stay on ollo for a bit and see how it goes there before transferring to a server as geared as kyrios

The east has a lot less active PvPers than the west, but they have better ones, imo. West has been largely steam rolling things with Disaster, but the Barcode nation allied with the east so starting to see more balanced faction events, which is a good thing. There is stuff going on all day, every day. Its obviously not as good as pre-aurioria population, but as good as it gets these days outside of FS servers.

I think if you are rebuilding you should rebuild on a server likely to not be merged/evolution in the near future, so get off of Ollo, Disaster already killed that server and it wont recover and likely get merged/evolved. There is lots of land available for free and low cost for more prime locations.

If you come to Kyrios the guilds more likely to fit your needs would be Haven or Peacekeepers on the west, which I assume you are.

Quote Originally Posted by miseo View Post
    you will get PK'd if you get caught running packs,
    When you say not to bother with trade packs for getting PK'd, do you mean cross contintent? or is there a way now to kill players trading from Gwen - Two Crowns or in other Nuia/Haryana controlled areas? I'd like to run safe run's at first to restock up on gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Dewstone View Post
    When you say not to bother with trade packs for getting PK'd, do you mean cross contintent? or is there a way now to kill players trading from Gwen - Two Crowns or in other Nuia/Haryana controlled areas? I'd like to run safe run's at first to restock up on gold?
    Nobody can kill Nuians in Nuia safe zones so yes, although the gold rates are significantly worse and Kyrios west isn't bloodthirsty enough to gank you even in war zones most of the time.
    Wearer of Metal
    WORLD CHAMPS
    "Disaster is Better than NaCl" - Aramos
    "Celia is the best player in Archeage history" - Celia
    "Plz don't kill me Celia" - Murdered innocent

Quote Originally Posted by Dewstone View Post
    A lot of folks do the ahnimar to solz runs, just wait till hellswamp is peace and move packs to staging in halcy, then take from halcy at your leisure.

I would have to say Aranzeb is pretty close to Kyrios population and Pvp prowess, Althought Kyrios is more on the mature side with im sure less reporting and chat banning.
    Hypocrites get offended by the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Vanity View Post
    I would have to say Aranzeb is pretty close to Kyrios population and Pvp prowess, Althought Kyrios is more on the mature side with im sure less reporting and chat banning.
    Seriously? I started on Aranzeb and went over to Kyrios a few months back...let's just say the only reason I would go back is to free farm or bully. I get 1 or 2 surprise PVP event (jumped or jumping someone else), and another few guild PVP events each day with 20 to 50 on each side that often lasts a good amount of time.

One thhing I will say about Kyrios and the GM/team leads, they may not like one another but they often work together. Often if one side has 15 and the other 20 and they want to practice PVP in DS, one side will sit out 5 to make it even numbers and more of a challenge. It provides a true testing ground for new or different strategies with still providing ample amounts of smack talking and bragging rights. When it comes to bosses or events all niceties are thrown out the window...he who's is more powerful or has the larger Zerg wins most of the time.

Population wise, I also give it to Kyrios or Ollo over Aranzeb. And all of this is coming from an Aranzeb native since day 1 of launch with much love for the server.
    Wooty

+ Reply to Thread