+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Reports of Unauthorized Transactions

Well for attack by brute force is to have authentification like netware/unix servers for admin : block account for 15-20 minutes after 3-4 tries, it is the best and easier way to block brute force hack

Thank you! Feel safer now. ^_^

There is a security flaw with the authenticator, connected to a GLYPH once entered the code, it is no longer required thereafter.

That is to say, if I quite the game, and the pitcher GLYPH, for example go do something else, and restart the launcher, such as evenings, the code of the authenticator will not be asked, what does is wrong because it should be asking each reconnection.

This means that if my computer is infected with a keylogger or a virus quelqu'on that the authenticator is useless. Meanwhile, the hacker will have time to do what he wants or not authenticator. So the authenticator is most similar to a placebo has a reliable safety.

Similarly to log on the official forum is asking id and password to pass, but no authenticator, while the ID and the CDM are the same as the one used to connect to a Trion Worlds account .... ..

sorry if I misspelled I'm not English

the "authenticator key" will only allow the ip that is currently using

if you change the ip and try it again it will ask for a code again

but its different if you have something liek teamviewer, if the hacker comes from that while you are "away" or sleeping doing makros you will probably get stripped

was checking my credit card statement last night and realized i'd been hacked and charged $150. i submitted a support ticket and have been freaking out waiting for a reply ever since. just came to this site and am overjoyed to hear that it's a widespread thing. PHEW. I'm not able to get into the live chat function for some reason... says you have to make a recent purchase or have a patron pass etc etc. is this normal? i'd have figured that the $150 founders pack that some A-hole bought with my account would qualify as a recent purchase lol.

Has anyone seen a refund yet? I have already sent 2 e-mails + an annex regarding an unauthorised purchase made through my account since sunday last and haven't even received so much as a reply, let alone a refund. I am getting really mad, this feels like complete negligence towards the community of players.

Yea I have yet to be refunded the 4 unauthorised transactions that I didn't purchase. Are we meant to leave our info somewhere or e-mail them?

Exclamation Unauthorized transaction

I have no idea, which is exactly what pisses me off. I already sent out 3 e-mails by now + 1 annex, all of them have yet to be replied. The support page promises a reply within 72 hours upon receiving a ticket, in my case the first e-mail was sent out a week ago today.
    I understand the load is probably heavy at this point, with the release of Archeage and the recent security issues, nevertheless, how hard is it to send out a simple reply, conforming refunds and looking into the problem?! Common courtesy I would think and it should be regarded as the most basic of customer services!

Quote Originally Posted by MenerekeVerbaal View Post
    I have no idea, which is exactly what pisses me off. I already sent out 3 e-mails by now + 1 annex, all of them have yet to be replied. The support page promises a reply within 72 hours upon receiving a ticket, in my case the first e-mail was sent out a week ago today.
    I understand the load is probably heavy at this point, with the release of Archeage and the recent security issues, nevertheless, how hard is it to send out a simple reply, conforming refunds and looking into the problem?! Common courtesy I would think and it should be regarded as the most basic of customer services!
    I'm on the same boat as you buddy... In my case nobody got anything from my account, but still it was banned as being compromised so at this point I'm pretty much considering calling my credit card company cancel the purchase on the archeum pack I bought and that's it... I'll be out of here and they will lose someone that was willing to be a paying customer every month to support the game. I really enjoy this game, but I enjoy more being treated as a respectful customer so if I won't regain access to my account before September 12th, I'll just refuse to do any future business with trion and won't be even playing as f2p on ArcheAge or the other trion game I played (Defiance) and where I had also made a few purchases.

The reason I believe it was a problem at Trion's end, is that I own an email server and I generate a new email address for each game I play. THis was the case with this game, where my email address is used only for AA and this forum site, so one or the other was compromised.

EDIT : I had my paypal account used to purchase 2 more accounts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast