+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: New Fresh Start Server

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4

    Post New Fresh Start Server

    So apparently a new fresh start server is in the works.

    Personally, as someone who played during alpha, release and every fresh start server put out, I have no intention of playing the new fresh start server if it follows the same design as previous. 3.0 fresh start was without a doubt the least engaging experience I've had in an mmo, and I believe the majority of people felt the same, considering the sheer drop off in population a month or so into the server.

    With every new patch, archeage adds more and more catch up mechanics which undermine the point of a fresh start server. Obsidian weapons, crafting houses, family fishing, reforging changes. With the next patch 3.5, there will be even more catch up mechanics than before, making a fresh start server seem even more pointless. No doubt the fresh start servers make trion a lot of money, as an even playing field makes the game more competitive, and people are willing to dump money for any sort of edge on other players. Combined with the fact that it extends their playerbase to include people who are tired of the stale gameplay of playing world boss babysitter for hours, who wouldnt normally be playing archeage at all.

    Everyone I know who played in alpha unanimously agreed that alpha archeage was the most fun they had in any MMO whatsoever, let alone in just archeage (alpha was v0.0 I guess, at least pre 1.0/1.1, server launch/release was 1.1). To a lot of alpha players, 1.1(release) was a downgrade, or a step in the wrong direction. Everyone I know who played at launch, yet didnt play in alpha, agree that 1.1 was the most fun they had in the game.

    Perhaps the new fresh start server would be a good time to explore the possibility of a flashback server/ time locked progression server. Everquest, an MMO released 17 years ago, recently opened a new TLP server this month and it was apparently a great success. The idea behind Everquests TLP server is, the server releases in the games vanilla state, then every 12 weeks the server is updated with the next expansion.

    For archeage, this would probably look like: Alpha > 1.1 > 2.0 > 3.0 > 4.0 . It would take 48 weeks to get from alpha to 4.0, by which time 4.0 will presumably be out. This would also be the first time NA archeage would have a server with natural progression, as trion released with 1.1, while gutting a lot of 1.1 in the process to add to later patches to flesh out the patch cycle (55 balancing without level 55 in 1.1, red dragon in the game since alpha, etc). Every fresh start Trion tries to disable a multitude of things to stop things getting out of hand on the fresh start servers (tractors, etc), yet some things always get overlooked. With a TLP server, this wouldnt be the case and trion's management of a fresh start server would probably be better due to the nature of the server and them not being able to accidentally leave things in that completely ruin the game (PAX houses, family fishing, wisp reforging).

    TLDR

    trion pls make new fresh start server a Time Locked Progression server. Start from Alpha patch, and release the next major content update every 12w. thx. (i miss alpha)

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    20
    pls make this happen. papa bless

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    105
    This would honestly be so fun and feel fresh. I had a ton of fun on Morpheus fresh start.. and when it came to 3.0 FS - I couldn't play it for longer than a week without losing interest. A server that starts at the beginning and progresses would be amazing.

  4. #4
    Senior Member tinukeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,802
    Quote Originally Posted by A S M R View Post
    So apparently a new fresh start server is in the works.
    Say what now?

    Probably not till 4.0 aka 2018.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by tinukeda View Post
    Say what now?

    Probably not till 4.0 aka 2018.
    Someone told me they confirmed it would be this year.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by A S M R View Post
    Someone told me they confirmed it would be this year.
    It'll be late next year. A lot of people didn't understand what they meant in the stream.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    167
    If they release another FS server, not only will I not play on it but I'll likely quit archeage all together. It's another disaster waiting to happen. Trion can't handle these types of things. With 3.0 the game was unplayable for the first month and it created an unfair advantage for the few people who could log in on both legacy and FS. There are STILL black screens on FS when you get kicked for afk or if you try to go to character select. Anyone who asks for another experience like this is a fool...

    We need to make it clear to trion that we don't want more fresh start servers.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchmenaenae View Post
    If they release another FS server, not only will I not play on it but I'll likely quit archeage all together. It's another disaster waiting to happen. Trion can't handle these types of things. With 3.0 the game was unplayable for the first month and it created an unfair advantage for the few people who could log in on both legacy and FS. There are STILL black screens on FS when you get kicked for afk or if you try to go to character select. Anyone who asks for another experience like this is a fool...

    We need to make it clear to trion that we don't want more fresh start servers.
    Seemed more like problems with not having the infrastructure to support 3.0 considering all the problems that arose from 3.0, like more zones being added and the server not being capable of loading all the assets in every zone, including housing properly. How is that a fresh start issue? If the game used to have 11 servers at release, pre evo, then added 2 from 9 to 11 with 3.0 fresh start how is that a fresh start issue? :thinking:

    Also the issues that arose in 3.0 fresh start wouldnt with this TLP server, since theres a lot less zones released in comparison at the beginning, and you dont have to worry about patches between legacy and fresh start servers happening at the same time to cause a cluster ♥♥♥♥ :thinking:

    Also I don't think trion would care if you quit, considering the amount of money you and everyone else that would quit brings in pales in comparison to the money they get from fresh start.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
    It'll be late next year. A lot of people didn't understand what they meant in the stream.
    Oh ok. Seems silly on their part not to take advantage of the game drought going on right now and the next 6months. Hopefully there will be something else to play by next fresh start so I don't have to waste my time

  9. #9
    I dont like fresh servers at all. If someone asks me about it I would say I dont want. Just got issues with the last fresh start server that locked out EU region from my account. Lots of fun things that happened back in the lauch was due to high servers population and the feeling of new. The lack of lands is an issue but fighting for you space and having success doing some risky trade routes was a big part of the fun. And thats another issue where you have low pop servers and they keep launching new servers that divides even more its population with this model . This game hardly gets new players and most players on a fresh server would be players that are on others servers or coming back players. I find that the real issue here its not about alpha experience but the lack of advertisement, the lack of playermade content( websites, streamers, etc), that poor business model and the overwhelming amout of servers that divides even more its populations. This game really have potential and it is the closest experience to a MMORPG sandbox we have out there but we need to stop dividing ourselves.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by A S M R View Post
    Seemed more like problems with not having the infrastructure to support 3.0 considering all the problems that arose from 3.0, like more zones being added and the server not being capable of loading all the assets in every zone, including housing properly. How is that a fresh start issue? If the game used to have 11 servers at release, pre evo, then added 2 from 9 to 11 with 3.0 fresh start how is that a fresh start issue? :thinking:

    Also the issues that arose in 3.0 fresh start wouldnt with this TLP server, since theres a lot less zones released in comparison at the beginning, and you dont have to worry about patches between legacy and fresh start servers happening at the same time to cause a cluster ♥♥♥♥ :thinking:

    Also I don't think trion would care if you quit, considering the amount of money you and everyone else that would quit brings in pales in comparison to the money they get from fresh start.



    Oh ok. Seems silly on their part not to take advantage of the game drought going on right now and the next 6months. Hopefully there will be something else to play by next fresh start so I don't have to waste my time
    Hmmm...:thinking:

    I think you're close but I don't think you fully understand what effects server load and issues completely. New zones are not what causes existing systems to break down.

    According to your logic new zones are more taxing on servers than over population and server/authentication servers being overloaded by users :thinking:

    Like you said lots of players will be interested in fresh start servers. And this is what causes the server issues..trion not being able to handle the amount of customers they attract.

    Think harder next time. You might understand

    xD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts