+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Post Mortem Player Experience

You stayed strong my friend, sorry to hear you leave but feel free to pop by and talk with whats left of us, I know our group has gone through a lot but I will still be around trucking doing my thing if you ever feel like talking.

I read the whole thing. Excellent, excellent post, and very well written.

While I have a different playstyle then you, I just "knew" that there were players like you out there - who are also very important to the "life" of this game - and your post expertly lays out the entirety of the journey to current state.

The game is diminished by the departure of players like Nth. This is a must read for Trion staff, whom I hope can convey this properly to XL Games.

I have never met you, but I do wish you the best of luck and joy in your future gaming endeavors.
    Venyarth - Kyrios. Trickster, 100K+ PvP/7000+ Kills, all in Pickup Groups (PUG).

Quote Originally Posted by Venyarth View Post
    I read the whole thing. Excellent, excellent post, and very well written.

While I have a different playstyle then you, I just "knew" that there were players like you out there - who are also very important to the "life" of this game - and your post expertly lays out the entirety of the journey to current state.

The game is diminished by the departure of players like Nth. This is a must read for Trion staff, whom I hope can convey this properly to XL Games.

I have never met you, but I do wish you the best of luck and joy in your future gaming endeavors.
    My thoughts echo Venyarth's and my experiences your own, nicely done.
    I may have invested more heavily that you and as such its what keep me here but if mergers don't improve the current state and the changes as forecast don't improve the issues you highlight then I too sadly will probably join you.

AA Alpha still remains the best game I have ever played that we will sadly never get to see.

Good luck

Welcome to the healthy world again. My journey was similar, except I was pulled in by a large game community manager, started off as a simple potato black smith, and got swept away into guild politics pvp, and the other "non farmer" aspect of the game. By 1.7 I was royalty and had conquered the game with my allies. By 2.0 I woke up and realized how the mechanics that attract people to that section of the game also help diminish and kill the game. By 2.5 I was fighting for the little guy and had a disdain for elitist groups, all the while still doing my thing with trade posts and other random ways of making money, the game never felt like a job until sections of 2.5 hit.

By the time 3.0 came....my disdain for the developers and publishers had reached a fever pitch. Because of one simple reason. The game doesn't exist without players playing it.

When the game started I would kill people like you, feed on people like you, you were nothing more than a resource and a tool to throw into a battle field. Later in the game I had to stop and realize that even though people like you who plant trees do what they do, the game can't function without you, the little people, the people who aren't at the top of some eschelon of pvp or gear or whatever. So I spent the entire half of that section of the game on protecting those types of players.

But the game turned into a job in 3.0. Daily after daily, constant changes of systems on the horizon, Trion and XL constantly tampering with the delicate economy of the game, (I've never seen a game or company put their hands that deep into a games economy. Most just let the players drive the "PLAYER DRIVEN ECONOMY".)

3.5 comes around and the only reason I even really stayed for it was to try out new skills. Going from 3.0 which was a bad patch, to 3.5 which was an even worse patch with the exception of 1 good factor to seeing what 4.0 has in store which will be even worse...and still no signs of fixing the things that made all my friends leave in the first place..It was time to go.

Since I left though I gained a whole new respect for the games I left to come to play AA in the first place. But its good cause I learned my lesson and can spot the BS a mile away now and will never run into another trap like this crapshow again.

I check out forums from time to see how its goin....guessing the hope is that they'll get their ♥♥♥♥ together eventually. Which I seriously doubt at this point.
    Truth:

Trion and XL games hates everything I say because its the truth and stings like fire.
    Exposing the weaknesses in your circuit would send most to react in a way to fix the chain.
    Instead we get to see an awkward teen afraid of its flaws hiding them under the rug.

I read the whole wall of text and I feel like it's coming from my head. I've been feeling the same for few months now, every day more and more. But I keep just pushing that thought aside, since there's still so many awesome people playing on Aranzeb.

Anyway, I'm sad to see you go, but after reading your thoughts I'm sure it's only a good thing for you. All the best for your future travels

I'm surprised this thread is still up. So much of what you wrote struck a chord with me.

This will be me soon. I'm hoping to get to actually play the game soon, as I've got some gear and am hoping I'll be able to buy a ledgy, but who knows.

We're likely all caught in these cycles where we push to upgrade but some event or patch changes our choices regarding told which works to slow our progression.

They will continue to do this.

8.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #18
    ArcheAge Community Manager
    Hi Nth,
    My apologies for your post being removed. I had actually read it some time before it was removed and had intended on coming in and saying how much I appreciate your time as a player and the well written and even keeled 'goodbye' post. I then saw it on Reddit, that it had been deleted. I was surprised as well and I spoke with the team to have it un-deleted and moved to your server forum. I let them know that we are not against 'goodbye' posts, provided they are constructive, like yours.

Sorry, again, for the misunderstanding, and we're sorry to see you go, but your reasons have all been heard. We appreciate the feedback and all the time you put into the game. May your next gaming adventures bring you and your son joy!

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    Hi Nth,
    My apologies for your post being removed. I had actually read it some time before it was removed and had intended on coming in and saying how much I appreciate your time as a player and the well written and even keeled 'goodbye' post. I then saw it on Reddit, that it had been deleted. I was surprised as well and I spoke with the team to have it un-deleted and moved to your server forum. I let them know that we are not against 'goodbye' posts, provided they are constructive, like yours.

Sorry, again, for the misunderstanding, and we're sorry to see you go, but your reasons have all been heard. We appreciate the feedback and all the time you put into the game. May your next gaming adventures bring you and your son joy!
    This was wholly unexpected, thank you for taking the time and effort both to read the post and to restore it. Havent said it on the forums before but you have been IMO a welcome and needed addition to the CM team. Communication has always been a sore spot for me with AA, your addition is a big step in the right direction.
    (Aranzeb) - Nth | - Lumberjack Phenom - Baron of the South Rook // North Peri Forest - LAA Member since 2015 "Land Addicts Anonymous" (in recovery) | WTB LAND

Heya

Quote Originally Posted by Titmilk View Post
    Sorry to see you go, Nth. It's been a while, but have seen you around from time to time. Dunno if you even remember me :P

Either way, take care and I hope you find a game that you can actually enjoy.
    Also, Cosmic! Nice to see you pop in here too!
    I still track the game even thought I don't play anymore. What can I say part of me will always hope XL realize fun is more profitable than frustration. There is a lot about AA to love, but things like the labor system and XL not understanding how to balance effort and reward made it unplayable for people like myself. I'll always miss what the game could have been. Probably the closest an MMO has gotten to giving us an Eve Online player driven world with an fantasy RPG setting. Such a shame it will slowly dwindle out on it's current course. Tit you have me on Steam so message anytime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast