+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Character Creation Ended Early for Evolution Servers?DISCUSSION

Exclamation Character Creation Ended Early for Evolution Servers?DISCUSSION

I'm paranoid about my items and want to create an alt to stuff some items on. According to this: http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/...nt-evolutions/ character creation on Evolution servers is supposed to end August 30th. Kyprosa currently lists all races except Warborn as being restricted. However, I could not even create a Warborn. The menu would not let me select Warborn (default stuck on Haranyan), and therefore the menu wouldn't advance. Seems like a glitch in the menu? Has character creation ended earlier than promised?
    ArcheAge tips and guides: Foxfires' YouTube Channel

Byrning
    R.I.P. EZI

ArcheAge North American Server Maintenance: 8/15/2017 at 11:00 PM PDT [UPDATED]
    UPDATE: As part of tonight's maintenance, we will be locking character creation on Evolution Candidate servers.
    Then when will they open back up?

CLARIFICATION: When will character creation on evolution servers become available again?
    It explicitly says in the FAQ that they're supposed to be available until August 30th.

Trion begins Evolution botches already!

This is totally ridiculous! They said we had until August 30th to create characters!
    I thought I was way ahead of the curve to be sorting this all out today. Only to find I couldn't create a character (even on a pre-existing account) to give myself inventory room.
    Turns out they made a post right before the update that they were going to disable it!!
    Ridiculous! They didn't even give enough time for people to find out and scramble to get it done!

A GM needs to update this and acknowledge the error. This needs to be fixed as creating alts allows people a way to store items they have collected over the years and transfer them to a new server. It would be unreasonable to expect people to pay money to buy expansion scrolls to expand their inventory to make these moves. There is no reason to lock character creation early. I can only assume this was done in error.

P.S. the server select screen is wrong anyway as it doesn't list Warborn and when you attempt to create the new character everything is messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfires View Post
    This is totally ridiculous! They said we had until August 30th to create characters!...
    Where exactly did they say that? Can you provide a link to it? Everything I remember said August 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    Where exactly did they say that? Can you provide a link to it? Everything I remember said August 16th.
    When will all of this take place?

Here are our current dates for everything related to the Evolution process:

August 16th: Official compensation plans will be announced in detail. 1 Credit Transfers will begin.

August 30th: 1 Credit Transfers end. At this time, specific 7 day buffs will be blocked so no one can use them by accident and lose them early, and character creation on evolving worlds will be closed.

September 4th: Auction Houses will be locked. No new auctions can be created on any server.

September 7-9th: ArcheAge will be unavailable as we perform Evolution related maintenance.

September 9th: Europe and North America will be brought back online at separate times. During these periods, we will launch a single server at a time in order to control server loads and give everyone a chance to log in. AFK kick will be enabled on Evolution worlds. During this time there may be queues on Evolution worlds due to the number of players attempting to log in at once.

http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/...nt-evolutions/

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    August 30th: 1 Credit Transfers end. At this time, specific 7 day buffs will be blocked so no one can use them by accident and lose them early, and character creation on evolving worlds will be closed.
    Huh. You're right, they did say the 30th.

If Trion meant to have the player creation feature locked on the 16th, they should reopen the feature for a few more days to allow people to finish whatever they may have been working on. Maybe reopen now and close again on the 20th? Would that be a reasonable solution?

The character creation lock should have been announced to be on the same date or prior to the release of what the compensation will be from the very beginning.
    They won't and shouldnt reopen character creation now that everyone knows what they would get and profit heavily from it.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast