+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Omnom Archeage Patch 4.X Reveal: Skill Trees Revamped

here, even without any armor on or weapons its still 624%... deal with it.

Meditate

45 Second Cooldown

Recovers 2% of of your maximum Mana Pool every 1 second for 5 seconds.

Cannot be used in PvP.

10% on a 45 second cooldown...

Play Dead

Mana: 25
    40 Second Cooldown

Caster plays dead for 8 seconds, during which they recover 30% of their health.

Cannot be used during PvP

LOL I guess all mana regen skills are worthless now stock up on soup folks
    Dacks- Tahyang/Conviction/Kadum/Wynn

Quote Originally Posted by Zuesprime View Post
    Meditate

45 Second Cooldown

Recovers 2% of of your maximum Mana Pool every 1 second for 5 seconds.

Cannot be used in PvP.

10% on a 45 second cooldown... LOL I guess all mana regen skills are worthless now stock up on soup folks
    they've also reduced mana costs across the board by a ton, so don't go all "the sky is falling" yet.

Thank you for the wonderful information. I feel this patch will really turn the game around for the better. I am surprised to see some negativity from mages over these changes. As a mage I am so excited to getting some new skills, but some of the biggest changes for casters are the changes to the enemies we commonly have to deal with, mainly DR and shadowstep. Yes after years of complaining and thousands of posts, they are finally getting rid of the all popular shadowstep 1,2,3 stunlock which almost every melee player has been milking over the last few years.

Not to say mages won't be nerfed, but they will definately have more options in the open world and be a bit less in large scale raid. So unless you are casting from behind a wall of 50 people, then this will be a huge boost to you.

I think every build I use currently is witchcraf based so having new skills like mirror warp and stillness will be fabulous, and without the worry of perma stun lock, pvp should be a bit more fair for everyone.

I can't wait, please dear god let us get these changes with 4.0!!!

As always, thank you for doing the research on all the new upcoming information and posting it for us.

"Big thumbs up"

Is hummingbird ditty required in order to gain stacks of rhythm or is it just a +1 stack ability? It sounds like it's a +1 stack but I was hoping to confirm that.

I also wanted to confirm that the "disciplined performance" passive in songcraft was nerfed. It looks like they removed the passive magic damage reduction.

Did they also nerf rhythm? Replaced the heal power / magic attack buff with 1% crit dmg bonus. Also removed the cool down reset for startling strain when charmed target is killed.

Also, are the successor levels removed from the game in 4.5 or are they just balancing one aspect of the game at a time?

If this patch is like the last 3 patches it is a scorched earth nerf of my character. That appears to be the case again. I'll just adapt as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Tormensoth View Post
    Thank you for the wonderful information. I feel this patch will really turn the game around for the better. I am surprised to see some negativity from mages over these changes. As a mage I am so excited to getting some new skills, but some of the biggest changes for casters are the changes to the enemies we commonly have to deal with, mainly DR and shadowstep. Yes after years of complaining and thousands of posts, they are finally getting rid of the all popular shadowstep 1,2,3 stunlock which almost every melee player has been milking over the last few years.

Not to say mages won't be nerfed, but they will definately have more options in the open world and be a bit less in large scale raid. So unless you are casting from behind a wall of 50 people, then this will be a huge boost to you.

I think every build I use currently is witchcraf based so having new skills like mirror warp and stillness will be fabulous, and without the worry of perma stun lock, pvp should be a bit more fair for everyone.

I can't wait, please dear god let us get these changes with 4.0!!!

As always, thank you for doing the research on all the new upcoming information and posting it for us.

"Big thumbs up"
    Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it.

As for the patch coming with 4.0, I'm pretty sure that Khro said in one of the livestreams that this will be coming after 4.0, so sadly, this will come, at earliest, in early 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    Is hummingbird ditty required in order to gain stacks of rhythm or is it just a +1 stack ability? It sounds like it's a +1 stack but I was hoping to confirm that.

I also wanted to confirm that the "disciplined performance" passive in songcraft was nerfed. It looks like they removed the passive magic damage reduction.

Did they also nerf rhythm? Replaced the heal power / magic attack buff with 1% crit dmg bonus. Also removed the cool down reset for startling strain when charmed target is killed.

Also, are the successor levels removed from the game in 4.5 or are they just balancing one aspect of the game at a time?

If this patch is like the last 3 patches it is a scorched earth nerf of my character. That appears to be the case again. I'll just adapt as always.
    Successor skills are not removed, no. They just weren't shown in the article. Once XL releases their final versions of the skills and the patch in general, I'll be sure to include all the skills.

Remember, these were used for a testing build, and are all subject to change as per XL.
    Owner and Writer at Omnom.gg

Omnom Social Media Links
    #1 Player Who Doesn't Play

It's gonna be hard for heal after these change.
    - 20% reduce CD passive removed
    - Twarth CD reduction combo removed
    Damn I hope they've increase heal power or reduce base CD

Quote Originally Posted by Orack View Post
    It's gonna be hard for heal after these change.
    - 20% reduce CD passive removed
    - Twarth CD reduction combo removed
    Damn I hope they've increase heal power or reduce base CD
    Looks like they are also making renewal a need to use heal, rhythmic a much shorter stronger heal, and giving the massive 18k infuse shield on every cast of it instead of just with sacrifice. I think it will even out, builds will just have to adjust. Refreshing to see since healing hasn't changed much at all the past few years beyond ode nerf and successor skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightmagus View Post
    Looks like they are also making renewal a need to use heal, rhythmic a much shorter stronger heal, and giving the massive 18k infuse shield on every cast of it instead of just with sacrifice. I think it will even out, builds will just have to adjust. Refreshing to see since healing hasn't changed much at all the past few years beyond ode nerf and successor skills.
    I'm not against the change, I'm really happy and hope we get them fast
    (Love theory-crafting <3)

But I'm a bit afraid about heal sustain.
    "Renewal" is just gonna take the place of "Resurgence" and "Drop Back" take the place of "Spell Shield" so, on these point, all is fine !
    But no replacement for the last passive (20% CD on vita skill tree), so yup, I'm a bit afraid.

PvP dmg are gonna be lowered if I read all the change right. But for PvE.. I don't think they gonna change all pve dmg of boss / mob.

I don't feel like they're nerfing healers. I feel like they're nerfing all damage and healing. Yes, total healing output per time will decrease but so does total damage per time. They're turning the game into less of a 1 shot slap fest and more into a skill based pvp game. Look how the high damage passives have all been weakened and you can't stack them anymore (at least based on some accounts). Damage output will go way down.

Renewal is a non-meta heal but it is actually really strong already in some contexts. Ironically, it is one of the abilities that makes the game less of a 1 shot slap fest but it is certainly not commonly used in the current meta and it compliments builds that are also non-meta such as tanky builds.

Renewal may or may not make sense on your build in the 4.5 patch. Yes, it makes your heals hit for more but often it's not the power of your heal that matters once you have a solid weapon. At some point it is more important to get the heal off quickly.

Look at the infuse combo from sacrifice in 3.0+. Who uses that? It's SUPER powerful but the way it is charged is inflexible and doesn't work well in the flow of actual combat. It can be executed in a fight but it is typically difficult to have it charged at a time that makes sense to use it and it doesn't stay charged for long. Maybe renewal will be similar in the new meta. Really strong if you execute it but really situational when you can execute it. We'll see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast