+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Omnom Archeage Patch 4.X Reveal: Skill Trees Revamped

Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    I don't feel like they're nerfing healers. I feel like they're nerfing all damage and healing. Yes, total healing output per time will decrease but so does total damage per time. They're turning the game into less of a 1 shot slap fest and more into a skill based pvp game. Look how the high damage passives have all been weakened and you can't stack them anymore (at least based on some accounts). Damage output will go way down.

Renewal is a non-meta heal but it is actually really strong already in some contexts. Ironically, it is one of the abilities that makes the game less of a 1 shot slap fest but it is certainly not commonly used in the current meta and it compliments builds that are also non-meta such as tanky builds.

Renewal may or may not make sense on your build in the 4.5 patch. Yes, it makes your heals hit for more but often it's not the power of your heal that matters once you have a solid weapon. At some point it is more important to get the heal off quickly.

Look at the infuse combo from sacrifice in 3.0+. Who uses that? It's SUPER powerful but the way it is charged is inflexible and doesn't work well in the flow of actual combat. It can be executed in a fight but it is typically difficult to have it charged at a time that makes sense to use it and it doesn't stay charged for long. Maybe renewal will be similar in the new meta. Really strong if you execute it but really situational when you can execute it. We'll see.
    In terms of the Infuse combo 3.0+, I know as a former healer that I used it a ton in RvR situations. It was super good for our frontline. Usually, I would get Prayer/Sacrifice either way, so there's that.

I do think that Renewal will be heavily used if the skills go through in this way. It's certainly better in this new state, and is sort of likea new Resurgence. Perhaps it will be situational; we'll just have to see how they implement it.
    Owner and Writer at Omnom.gg

Omnom Social Media Links
    #1 Player Who Doesn't Play

Quote Originally Posted by Markupatam View Post
    In terms of the Infuse combo 3.0+, I know as a former healer that I used it a ton in RvR situations. It was super good for our frontline. Usually, I would get Prayer/Sacrifice either way, so there's that.

I do think that Renewal will be heavily used if the skills go through in this way. It's certainly better in this new state, and is sort of likea new Resurgence. Perhaps it will be situational; we'll just have to see how they implement it.
    Yeah, it's clutch if you happen to have it charged when an engagement starts. My point is that it decays really fast so you have to use it or lose it. It takes a while to charge so you have to time it or not have it.

It is most effective against raids that don't have large masses of stealthed players because you have a chance to know when the engagement will start. I have fought against raids where half or more than half of the opposing raid was stealthed. Naturally, the fighting starts before you have a chance to charge prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecm View Post

here, even without any armor on or weapons its still 624%... deal with it.
    Dude you forgot the 15% skill dmg passive which its going to be replaced so we should take it into account, with that passive it goes up to like 710+ %

Is Khrolan still a prime? He is going to love this #ArcherySavedForNow

Quote Originally Posted by SC30 View Post
    We'll see. This is only the preliminary testing version, so everything in here is subject to change.
    Owner and Writer at Omnom.gg

Omnom Social Media Links
    #1 Player Who Doesn't Play

Quote Originally Posted by SC30 View Post
    It might be too OP after 4.5, with these skill rebalances not accounting for the "social savviness" of the archer classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anveena View Post
    That takes into account YOUR GEAR, BUFFS, INT, MAGIC ATTACK, SKILL DMG and so on, holy... Even taking all your gear/titles off, it will still be higher than 400% because of migrated INT and other stuff.

The one I linked to you is from AA calc where there are 0 modifiers.
    Skill calculators are unreliable now since they haven't updated ancestral skills.
    Skullhead - Harani - Kyrios Bard Since Launch - 230k Artistry

Lowering the range of mages is not acceptable, they will be overwhelmed by archers and battlerage classes with cloth armor if they don't have range.
    They need to buff cloth armor to have more physical defense then since it's the default armor type for mages.
    As I understand from these notes, mages have greater nerfs than darkrunners with this patch and darkrunners will still be relatively better than mages, they will never be equivalent classes in terms of capability. IMO they should remove all kinds of bound stuff and turn them into tradeable, so we can
    change our classes and builds easily. This restricts us greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tr34 View Post
    Lowering the range of mages is not acceptable, they will be overwhelmed by archers and battlerage classes with cloth armor if they don't have range.
    They need to buff cloth armor to have more physical defense then since it's the default armor type for mages.
    As I understand from these notes, mages have greater nerfs than darkrunners with this patch and darkrunners will still be relatively better than mages, they will never be equivalent classes in terms of capability. IMO they should remove all kinds of bound stuff and turn them into tradeable, so we can
    change our classes and builds easily. This restricts us greatly.
    You can instant cast 80% of your burst, and you're saying mages are in a bad spot? What kind of mage are you playing? The ones ive fought (in PN, and some around the same gs as me, 7k) dont seem to be complaining. With epic/leg being the norm, I really dont see why you think a range nerf is going to ruin mages.. ping differences already removed the advantage archers have against mages now, so it will be working as intended, for kiting purposes.
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin/Kadum)
    <The Shadehunting Master>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Trusivraj?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/trusivraj

Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    You can instant cast 80% of your burst, and you're saying mages are in a bad spot? What kind of mage are you playing? The ones ive fought (in PN, and some around the same gs as me, 7k) dont seem to be complaining. With epic/leg being the norm, I really dont see why you think a range nerf is going to ruin mages.. ping differences already removed the advantage archers have against mages now, so it will be working as intended, for kiting purposes.
    instant cast? are you kidding me? 80% or more of mages skills need time to cast and also sleep or fear your enemy to be able to do something ex arc lightning/meteor/freezing arrow etc etc etc most of hard hitting skills of mages need cast time and need the enemy to be either sleep or fear. Also with these reworked skills mage class is dead auromancy is buffed even more and it will be immune to sleep and fear also, and if you check carefully auromancy will have even more magic damage mitigation around 70% total RIP mages 2018 after this patch Rip archeage. Now melee or archer just need to pick auromancy that it and mages will be a joke. Worst patch ever for mages that keep receiving nerfs after nerfs . This game has no hope, im playing less and less it is not fun anymore class balance in this game is bias toward melee classes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast