+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: @Muzzy about Leather pieces' Gearscore

Quote Originally Posted by XAJoker View Post
    gotcha, misunderstood what you was saying. is it just leather obs t7 or is it all obs t7 has a higher grade than eronor at the same grade?
    It's on obsidian only as far as I know.
    Nehalem
    Outplayed | Conviction

I will take a wild guess from your screenshots, that your leather has 2% more tempering total, hence slightly better stats, hence slightly better GS ? Also the slotted gems and lunadrop/lunastone are not the same, difference could also arise from that.
    Safest would be to compare items on basic level, of same grade, without slotting or tempering.
    Majax & co
    ANCIENT HEROES (Kadum Server (ex-Salphira, ex-Conviction, ex-Jakar))
    http://ancient-heroes.org

The tempering is the same on the gloves though 112/113, but the gs shows a difference. I'm wondering now if it's this way throughout or just at the high end tiers.

Looking at gloves with same temper, leather has more total defense (+30) and 1 more point in stats. So, i guess that's why +5gs.
    I think in past some T7 pieces were rebalanced, but old ones remain unchanged. I remember there were some weapons with slightly different damage at same temper.

when were they crafted?
    Pirate 4 lyfe

What difference does it make? Is gear score supposed to actually mean something? If so, why is it not affected by tempering? What about cloaks, costumes, and undergarments (other than the gems)?

Quote Originally Posted by Careby View Post
    What difference does it make? Is gear score supposed to actually mean something? If so, why is it not affected by tempering? What about cloaks, costumes, and undergarments (other than the gems)?
    Its actually something like sum of all factors which is the piece of gear causing. As you mentioned its not very accurate as it does not reflect all stats, it speak more about base item stats, its lunagems and lunafrosts.

There are various things regarding this system. For example... Ocean type armor gives highest amount of total stats compared to Wave, yet they give same values of GS.

It has mainly usages if you are comparing two items for same slot.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Careby View Post
    people equate gearscore with how good your gear is, so you want as low gearscore as possible with the best stats possible. If you are one of the simple minded people that think gearscore is everything and go full mana/aggro gems as a darkrunner, then the opposite is true, they want every gearscore point they can get even if they are worse off. Gearscore itsself does not matter much, but the weight that people put into it is what matters.
    Pirate 4 lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmeko View Post
    Looking at gloves with same temper, leather has more total defense (+30) and 1 more point in stats. So, i guess that's why +5gs.
    I think in past some T7 pieces were rebalanced, but old ones remain unchanged. I remember there were some weapons with slightly different damage at same temper.
    That's fine, why didn't they apply the balance across the board? I want my rebalanced items, call it GS, call it stats, call it whatever you want, I want my proper items. @muzzy can I send ticket for that or it's not possible?
    Nehalem
    Outplayed | Conviction

Tempering does not cause any gs difference, it has no value when it comes to gs.
    Idk, I'm me I guess.
    Can find me on Discord: OfficialDelcos#0001

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast