+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clarification Needed: Is PvP allowed in Housing Districts?

Clarification Needed: Is PvP allowed in Housing Districts?

I'm considering moving a Treehouse owned by one of my Farming (agricultural farming) alts, from Rokhala to Ynystere. I asked in chat if he could be killed while farming. I got multiple answers, ranging from "Yes, you can PvP at any time except during Peacetime, they just can't destroy your house", to "No, housing districts are now safe at all times other than War time".

Also, since my farming alt is likely to run back and forth to the seed vendor, I'm assuming PvP is allowed in these districts (usually there are no guards), right?

I can manage all these risks, I just would like the correct answer.

Thanks!
    "Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Inside housing area, its not possible to initiate PVP, unless its war. Vendors are usually outside those zones.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

The real answer is a little more nuanced than that. It depends on which zone the house/farm is in, and on which faction you belong to.

All zones on Nuia or Haranya that have a war-peace cycle (Cinderstone Moor, Halcyona, Hasla, Hellswamp, Karkasse Ridgelands, Perinoor Ruins, Rookborne Basin, Sanddeep, Windscour Savannah, Ynystere):
    All factions are safe within the housing province at all times except when the zone is in war status. During war, anyone may be attacked. Learn where the actual boundaries of the housing area are located, because as soon as you step over them, you're open to PvP (and in some instances, you can be attacked if you are very near the boundaries). If you are already engaged in PvP, running back into housing will not end the combat. Vendors are located outside of the safe areas unless they are on a fellowship plaza.

Auroria and island housing (Calmlands, Diamond Shores, Exeloch, Golden Ruins, Heedmar, Marcala, Nuimari, Sungold Fields, Whalesong Harbor, all sea islands except Growlgate):
    These are never safe for anyone, regardless of whether they have a war-peace cycle, with one exception. During peace in Diamond Shores, Golden Ruins, or Whalesong Harbor, the entire zone including the housing areas will be safe.

Haranya-alliance-controlled zones (Arcum Iris, Falcorth Plains, Mahadevi, Silent Forest, Solis Headlands, Sunbite Wilds, Tigerspine Mountains, Villanelle):
    These are safe for East faction at all times, but never safe for any other faction. Note that if you are East and you initiate an attack on a red within the housing province, they will be able to fight back; you're only protected against someone else initiating an attack on you.

Nuia-alliance-controlled zones (Airain Rock, Aubre Cradle, Dewstone Plains, Gweonid Forest, Lilyut Hills, Marianople, Solzreed Peninsula, Two Crowns, White Arden):
    These are safe for West faction at all times, but never safe for any other faction. Note that if you are West and you initiate an attack on a red within the housing province, they will be able to fight back; you're only protected against someone else initiating an attack on you.

Peace zones (Ahnimar, Rokhala Mountains):
    Always safe for all factions.

Growlgate (Thank you to WhoaWoe for this explanation!)
    Growlgate housing essentially works for pirates as Nuian/Haranyan controlled zones work for nuians/haranyans. Pirates never can be attacked in the housing there, even though the zone is at war, unless the pirate attacks a red inside of the housing zone first. All other factions - nuian, haranyan, and nation - can be attacked at any time in the housing zone. The safety also disappears if the pirate guild is dominioned just like the other zones.

Dominion overrides all of these rules. If your guild is under dominion you may be attacked anywhere other than Mirage Isle or inside a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    snip
    Dont forget about dominion too
    Sparx
    Queen of Lizards
    TARIS
    Queen of Haranya

STAND BY PRINCE YATEO C
    ALL HAIL YATEO C

Quote Originally Posted by SparxIsGrounded View Post
    Dont forget about dominion too
    That's true; dominion overrides all of those rules.

amazingly well-written answer, romonster

except that peace in the following zones obviously means safe (except dominions)
    Auroria and island housing (Calmlands, Diamond Shores, Exeloch, Golden Ruins, Heedmar, Marcala, Nuimari, Sungold Fields, Whalesong Harbor, all sea islands):
    These are never safe for anyone, even if the zone does have a war-peace cycle.
    could you please add the info on dominons and correct what I mentioned so that your post can be linked/ referred to in the future?
    thanks in advance :-)
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

The real answer is a little more nuanced than that. It depends on which zone the house/farm is in, and on which faction you belong to.

All zones on Nuia or Haranya that have a war-peace cycle (Cinderstone Moor, Halcyona, Hasla, Hellswamp, Karkasse Ridgelands, Perinoor Ruins, Rookborne Basin, Sanddeep, Windscour Savannah, Ynystere):
    The situation here is as the previous poster said: All factions are safe within the housing province at all times except when the zone is in war status. During war, anyone may be attacked. Learn where the actual boundaries of the housing area are located, because as soon as you step over them, you're open to PvP (and in some instances, you can be attacked if you are very near the boundaries). Vendors are located outside of the safe areas unless they are on a fellowship plaza.
    You can also be attacked in a housing zone if you are already engaged in pvp combat. You can't flee into a housing zone as if it was a nui.
    Skullhead - Harani - Kyrios Bard Since Launch - 230k Artistry

Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post
    amazingly well-written answer, romonster

except that peace in the following zones obviously means safe (except dominions)

could you please add the info on dominons and correct what I mentioned so that your post can be linked/ referred to in the future?
    thanks in advance :-)
    Thank you! I edited accordingly, and added a note saying the housing area will not break combat like a Nui does. I think I'll save a link to this myself; the question comes up often. If you think anything else needs clarification please let me know.

I know I left out Growlgate, and that's because I've never been a pirate and am not sure how it works there.

Thank you! I edited accordingly, and added a note saying the housing area will not break combat like a Nui does. I think I'll save a link to this myself; the question comes up often. If you think anything else needs clarification please let me know.

I know I left out Growlgate, and that's because I've never been a pirate and am not sure how it works there.
    Growlgate housing essentially works for pirates as Nuian/Haranyan controlled zones work for nuians/haranyans. Pirates never can be attacked in the housing there, even though the zone is at war, unless the pirate attacks a red inside of the housing zone first. All other factions - nuian, haranyan, and nation - can be attacked at any time in the housing zone. The safety also disappears if the pirate guild is dominioned just like the other zones.

However, pirate housing is a little goofy. A pirate can be standing inside of the housing zone and range attack someone who is standing outside of the housing zone - including another pirate - and still retain combat immunity. Meaning as long as they simply range attack and never step out of housing, the pirate can attack someone without being able to get attacked back. This is considered a glitch though and gets abused quite a bit, so the simplest answer is what I posted above.

EDIT: Though typing this made me realize that is what is left out of your post above, Romonster. In nuian/haranyan controlled zones, it's safe as long as someone doesn't engage upon a red. Once you engage upon a red, the safety is gone. I know it should be pretty obvious, but I've actually seen people qq when they attack reds in mainland zones and wonder why the red can attack back lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoaWoe View Post
    Growlgate housing essentially works for pirates as Nuian/Haranyan controlled zones work for nuians/haranyans....
    Thank you for this information!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast