+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: People tryting to troll AA are funny.

People tryting to troll AA are funny.

Few months ago i found that somebody is offering jobs to "write about Archeage" and some other MMOs. Actualy those would not be positive reviews but just an utilization of fake troll accounts.

Since november someone hired and managed campaing targeted on social media, however this guy and his subordinates were unaware that there is a thing called "Archeage Begins" which is a turnbased MMO for mobile market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdfMIHdJoWQ

Just read the comments, and you will find "generic trolls" really realy fast , expecially those who missed the mark. A real player would instantly recognize that AA Begins is a different game, so the pretense about "knowing the difference" is obvious.

How to get followers on twitter, or "definitely genuine accounts" was mentioned here:
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...edia-bots.html

More sinister is however to found out that probably same guy/or company paid for DDoS attacks all across the USA since November 2017. Apparently they targetted multiple games, in preparation to release their own game.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

I don't see any trolls, I am sorry you are still refusing to see the truth of ArcheAge and XL.

Quote Originally Posted by Yed View Post
    I don't see any trolls, I am sorry you are still refusing to see the truth of ArcheAge and XL.
    Get a pair of glasses and you would see a guy commenting how is the game P2W and servers are overcrowded and you need to have alts in a mobile phone game, which is not even an MMO
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Yea that guy might or might not have played the mobile or the MMO game. Rightly so, as he has heard all the bad things and tries his best to warn people.

Yea that guy might or might not have played the mobile or the MMO game. Rightly so, as he has heard all the bad things and tries his best to warn people.
    Still a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ who should read before comment or better, try the game before comment.

But how can you warn people against something you obviously never played? Thats like me telling people to not play wow because i played for a weekend, 13 years ago and didn't enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Empyreus View Post
    But how can you warn people against something you obviously never played? Thats like me telling people to not play wow because i played for a weekend, 13 years ago and didn't enjoy it
    Agreeable, but have you seen the state of this game? Let's not act as if all the negativity being spread about this game is unjustified, that is wishful ignorance. People talk about the positives too, although less and less, but the negativity is more than well deserved.

Agreeable, but have you seen the state of this game? Let's not act as if all the negativity being spread about this game is unjustified, that is wishful ignorance. People talk about the positives too, although less and less, but the negativity is more than well deserved.
    Oh no doubt, but given that i've been playing MMOs for 18 years, those who shout the loudest tend to ALWAYS be upset about something in X game. AA is no different. But people will enjoy what they enjoy despite people naysaying it. Especially with the advent of the internet,s adly, gamers rather rain on others parade than play something they enjoy it seems.

of course some people DO just enjoy raining on others fun so...*shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    Get a pair of glasses and you would see a guy commenting how is the game P2W
    I don't normally comment or say anything, since I don't play this game anymore. But even I know this game is P2W. If you can't see that, then you might wanna watch some videos and streams of whales using RL currency to "win" in the game. it's honestly not hard to do nor are you punished for it nor is it a exploit. It's a feature in this game, one that has been in the game for a long time.

If you like the game then that's fine, all the power to you. But you shouldn't blind yourself to the facts of what the game is. Doing so will only hurt you in the long run.
    Code:
    01010100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00101100 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100010 01110101 01100011 01101011 01100101 01110100 00101110 00101110

Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    Get a pair of glasses and you would see a guy commenting how is the game P2W and servers are overcrowded and you need to have alts in a mobile phone game, which is not even an MMO
    I guess I missed that comment because all I saw were a few listing the original ArcheAge's problems and assuming the mobile would also have similar issues. Not a big leap, that's just how people group games together. For example, Closers recently released with EnMasse and the P2W in that game is pretty trivial. But because Closers was published by Nexon in Korea, there were a number of people that think Closers = Nexon = P2W.

That said, ArcheAge Begins is definitely P2W as well. You can literally buy power from the shop (Evolution forms for characters are in the cash shop, which can only be obtained by F2P through long-term play) and you're gated by Stamina. The progression curve is actually fairly similar to ArcheAge, it would takes months to catch up to top players because of the Stamina gate and the fact that most of your account EXP comes from dailies.

However, they were able to make ArcheAge Begins feel much better than ArcheAge even with similar progression. Since everything is basically bound to your account, there's no point in alts and they can reward you very generously with events and achievements.

All forms of "PvP" are also tiered to your team's power score, so you're rarely completely outmatched by your opponent (and you can even cycle through multiple match-ups). This means you still have a chance against your opponent even if they P2W (better team comp, higher skill levels, or higher character/gear levels). When you consider this limitation, the P2W in ArcheAge Begins is almost laughable compared to the original game because it's so expensive to make significant gains and it's literally just for speeding up progression because you're just going to get matched up with others your level.

The mobile game still suffers on the top-end side though. Gains from exploits catapulted certain players really high and it's going to take a while to get caught up. Some content and rewards are only available to competitive players, so you won't be able to experience those without investing a ton of time into the game. Also, when you're cutting-edge competitive, every advantage counts, so P2W factors in a bit more here. There's also the "Darkrunner" syndrome, one character that's so broken that every comp will include this character at endgame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast