+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How is the game now?

How is the game now?

Left the game almost 2 years ago and I'm curious how the game is doing now. Is the gear gap between pay to win players and regular players still huge?

How is the player population? Still very active? or dwindling more and more every day? (looking at the steam charts the game seems to be losing 100-250 active players a month)

Is the game even worth playing part time? or do you basically have to be constantly online running packs and growing mats for packs or fishing for hours etc?

I loved playing ArcheAge for the first 2 years or so it was out but after a while it was like a second job to keep up with end game gear requirements.

Do they still lock all the regrade crystals behind RNG boxes instead of making them craftable or obtainable in game besides the auction house?

And in general what do you guys think the state of the game is in?

Alive and kicking? On it's last leg? Dead or dying?

Let me put it this way... Once Ashes of Creation comes out, and if it's farming and housing is as good as this game then I will be outa here so fast and never look back.

I hear you. I switched over to Black Desert and I've been enjoying that mainly because the graphics and combat are so good. but There isn't much end game to it.

If black desert would just copy ArcheAge's Trade/Open world PvP system, Naval Physics/PvP mechanics, Crime and Punishment systems and made instanced dungeons and their world bosses more challenging/interesting it would easily be the best MMO out there for the foreseeable future.

But alas it's basically like playing a fast paced soul calibur with zergy scheduled instanced PvP. Still kinda fun but mainly just grinding for gear.

I really hope Trion will listen to the players and drop the hubris. When the new titles start releasing, it is going to decimate the population of AA. It already feels empty.

Game is a ghost town because just after merging servers they added half of them back again with more on the horizon.

Hasnt been any new content in.... I really have no idea how long and I dont think anything new coming any time soon.

Major systems that were fine as is completely overhauled, with more to come.

Trion still being Trion.

Same old.

I still like it.

Cost to build gear is going down with next major patch so it should be possible for you to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Halochain View Post
    I really hope Trion will listen to the players and drop the hubris. When the new titles start releasing, it is going to decimate the population of AA. It already feels empty.
    Yea, I think the same... just wonder when they start the fresh start server ...there are so many new games coming this year that I wonder if somebody start fresh insteat of playing a new mmorpg - looks like trion dosen't fear that

Not good I can't recommend it myself. They nerfed all the ways to make gold and the only new content is the weekly market place update.

making gold lately feels like

Costs to do almost anything is much higher so mp is your best bet to avoid stabbing yourself with forks in your eyes.

The amount of gold it costs to blow up your equipment reeeeeeeeally sux

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast