+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How is the game now?

As all game this days is heavy p2w and it never change until people stop pay.

1.) When most regular players approach legendary weapon divine/epic set level of gear, further improvement requires gazilion of gold while not providing much of gear gap.
    Thus gear gap between p2w/regular players is pretty small. If you look at top100 gs I'd dare to say up to half of them are free players. There are whales of course but there are also f2p people in top5 12k gs range.

2.) Population is declining but it will stabilize around some number of long term players. It's usually like this, when game launches there is huge population spike, then it reduces rapidly at first then slower and slower. Situation when it will be only 1 server with not enough palyers in it is still very far away.
    For example games like Aion, Tera were said to be "dead" 5 years ago but they are still played and getting updates.

3.) You can totally play part time. If you aim at very best gear then of course it willl become 2nd job or p2w. But there's no need in that for reasons described in part (1.) Don't grow mats for packs - buy them from AH. Fishing is useless apart from family wishing with your alts in lakes I think.

4.) Yes regrade crystals are in RNG boxes. But still they are still obtainable in game. Buy apex get credits buy rng box - don't forget you can spend separate labor pool in opposite region (NA/EU) and buy apex there.

5.) Here are my thoughts about state of the game. It's dying in sense like I'm duying and everything does, but it's not on it's last leg for sure. Anyway it's way better than you can read on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmeko View Post
    1.) When most regular players approach legendary weapon divine/epic set level of gear, further improvement requires gazilion of gold while not providing much of gear gap.
    Thus gear gap between p2w/regular players is pretty small. If you look at top100 gs I'd dare to say up to half of them are free players. There are whales of course but there are also f2p people in top5 12k gs range.

2.) Population is declining but it will stabilize around some number of long term players. It's usually like this, when game launches there is huge population spike, then it reduces rapidly at first then slower and slower. Situation when it will be only 1 server with not enough palyers in it is still very far away.
    For example games like Aion, Tera were said to be "dead" 5 years ago but they are still played and getting updates.

3.) You can totally play part time. If you aim at very best gear then of course it willl become 2nd job or p2w. But there's no need in that for reasons described in part (1.) Don't grow mats for packs - buy them from AH. Fishing is useless apart from family wishing with your alts in lakes I think.

4.) Yes regrade crystals are in RNG boxes. But still they are still obtainable in game. Buy apex get credits buy rng box - don't forget you can spend separate labor pool in opposite region (NA/EU) and buy apex there.

5.) Here are my thoughts about state of the game. It's dying in sense like I'm duying and everything does, but it's not on it's last leg for sure. Anyway it's way better than you can read on the internet.
    1. Is wrong the Gear gap is crazy high between F2P and P2P if you are seeing high F2P they whaled at one point or got some hand me downs or most likely changed over to F2P after getting to a high GS.

2. Population is at a massive decline due to player community being Toxic at most cases. Additionally on some servers the game is all but being held hostage by nations controlling castles and not having markets. This in turn doesn't allow average players to gain lord's coins thus they cant make good trade or build Erenor gear leading to further gap in gear.

3. Is mostly right but if you only log on for a bit I would recommend selling mats as they don't just appear on the market place someone has to make them.

4. If you aren't on much don't bother regrading unless you have the money. It takes money to make money and might be easier to buy the gear if you are low on cash from the get go as some of the RNG in Regrades gets costly fast.

5. Honestly If you don't have a lot of time effort, energy, and money to devote to an already last leg game (cause dev's cant listen to the NA market) I say avoid it and find something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrahm View Post
    1. Is wrong the Gear gap is crazy high between F2P and P2P if you are seeing high F2P they whaled at one point or got some hand me downs or most likely changed over to F2P after getting to a high GS.
    Not really. Do you know these players who whailed or it's just your assumptions? I have 10.3k gs and I wasn't whale at any point, also during 1st year of Archeage I played casual farmville with my wife and didn't care about gear or pvp, so it wasn't really a head start.
    I know people with 10, 11, 12k gs who aren't whales and I've seen them running packs for over a year. I don't think they are exception to the rules compared to others.

2. Population is at a massive decline due to player community being Toxic at most cases. Additionally on some servers the game is all but being held hostage by nations controlling castles and not having markets. This in turn doesn't allow average players to gain lord's coins thus they cant make good trade or build Erenor gear leading to further gap in gear.
    Massive decline? I don't think so. I see roughly same number of people as half year ago.

5. Honestly If you don't have a lot of time effort, energy, and money to devote to an already last leg game (cause dev's cant listen to the NA market) I say avoid it and find something else.
    I don't think the game is anywhere near being on "last leg". Come on, people said "game is dead" 3 years ago xD
    Also I'm glad devs don't listen to ridiculous suggestions I often see from people who have little understanding how game works.

It's achieveable as a F2P, you can spend tons of time playing the game doing your traderuns with multiple accounts or you can end up being one of the 'lucky' few on your server who ends up in the dominant guild that has freefarmed the server for years (best way to supplement this is making sure you also transfer off to another freefarm guild the moment you get contested) or you can do both of this at the same time and definitely be able to reach for the whales.

Also, don't forget cheating and exploiting, lately it has been an acceptable venue and always has been profitable in the past 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindaugas R View Post
    As all game this days is heavy p2w and it never change until people stop pay.
    That will never happen. Only single player games will remain non p2w haha

No Sturmeko is right, let me explain...

Before these glorious patches of late, the game was easier to play.

- Regrades was a ton cheaper than now. Literally a ton, you can see just by the difference of pop ups between this regrade event compared to the 24/7 pop ups of the previous ones.

- Lib mats used to be a lot better and all mats dropped on all floors, not to mention it was a faction thing. Getting tiered up was a breeze.

- Gold was easy to make on most profs, obviously trade runners back then (before 3.0 I believe?) coined a ton of gold. Alchemy for example didn't need the previous oil to make the next, charcoal wasn't needed for everything and was much cheaper too.

Obviously the game had its flaws then too but it was much easier to do anything, the f2p on those gs lists have had that gear for a while, they didn't built the stuff in these patches, doing it now on the other hand, you would need a lot more time / gold / friends.

Thus gear gap between p2w/regular players is pretty small. If you look at top100 gs I'd dare to say up to half of them are free players. There are whales of course but there are also f2p people in top5 12k gs range..
    The f2p with over 9k GS all do so with a massive alt army and a LOT of time investment. There's no way a single account player will reach that kind of gear without super lucky regrades within a couple years...

There are currently huge jumps in gear gap when comparing celestial -> divine -> epic ->legendary. The cure to gear gap would be reducing those benefits (diminishing returns anyone?).

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    The f2p with over 9k GS all do so with a massive alt army and a LOT of time investment. There's no way a single account player will reach that kind of gear without super lucky regrades within a couple years...

There are currently huge jumps in gear gap when comparing celestial -> divine -> epic ->legendary. The cure to gear gap would be reducing those benefits (diminishing returns anyone?).
    This is common misconception. For example, I have 3-4 alts. Is it huge army? No. I invest 1-1.5h daily for gold making activities. Is it LOT of time investment? Nope.

Look. Can you make 150g from your daily 2880 labor without spending too much time? Do you need to get 20 silver/labor, 15 maybe? Nope. 5.38 s/l.
    Now do same with 4 more alts... and you get 750g

Now do same on opposed region (NA/EU)... you get 750g there too. You buy Apexes for patron there, remaining gold you either trade with someone from opposite region, or just buy more Apex and open rng boxes or just sell credit items.
    If you don't have time, just sell loyalty/vocation/honor whatever and dump your labor fast on tax certs or anything 1-2 s/l. It will be enough to maintain patron.

Let's say you get 1k gold/day. That's 30k per month, or 180k gold in 6 months. It's enough to buy legendary weapon, epic set.
    GG now you are competitive with players who played from start and was gearing up for 2 years and with whales who spent tens of thousands on the game.

To be honest you don't even need that much. No need for epic set divine is fine. Make 500g/day and it will be enough to have competitive gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Halochain View Post
    I really hope Trion will listen to the players and drop the hubris. When the new titles start releasing, it is going to decimate the population of AA. It already feels empty.
    ^ Exactly! If AA will somehow actually improve in the future I might perhaps start to care again to put some effort into the game. But, as things are now, I feel absolutely unmoved due to the way the game is structured around p2w, bad mechanics, endless grinds for little to absolutely zero return (thanks to RNG) etc. etc. etc.
    “Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
    - Jalaluddin Rumi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast