+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No more traderuns?

No more traderuns?

This is Fresh Start

Sooooo, do the makers of the game not want us to do Safe traderuns anymore? I thought they were needed as part of the overall "bring normal stuff in to be converted to Cargo" push.

Had some time, made 3 Falcourth appletart packs just to pick up some gold and try out the temporary farm cart. I have been making this same pack on Legacy and when 4.0 hit, the Falcourth to Solzreed run went from 9 g per pack to 15 g per pack.

Now at 4.5 I do the exact same run and get 6 g per pack. I'm not sure, but I may have actually lost money doing the traderun.

They increased the Mats you need and cut the payout by two thirds??

Had a guy on chat tell someone, who was complaining about not being able to make any gold selling Mats on the auction house, that we are supposed to be making gold doing traderuns.

How are we supposed to supply the Cargo bins with payouts this low? Why would we bother?

Are there any traderuns that actually are worth doing?

What do you mean no more trade runs all you guys get are safe carefree trade runs.. >_> No more sea runs because you guys just sit on the npc boat and only 1 pack goes across.. >_> Completely takes out pirating as a whole. Makes the merchant ship almost useless, because good luck getting that much cargo. Safe zones EVERYWHERE.. All that hate people give them when they put austera in festival because reds had free trade runs basically so to combat that just make the turn in area safe for both sides GIANT NUIS EVERYWHERE..

Next few major updates will be this..

5.0 update main continents to giant nuis and add auto pathing with haulers for nice carefree bot like runs.
    5.1 remove pirate faction because its been useless since 4.5
    5.2 freshstart server

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    This is Fresh Start

Sooooo, do the makers of the game not want us to do Safe traderuns anymore? I thought they were needed as part of the overall "bring normal stuff in to be converted to Cargo" push.

Had some time, made 3 Falcourth appletart packs just to pick up some gold and try out the temporary farm cart. I have been making this same pack on Legacy and when 4.0 hit, the Falcourth to Solzreed run went from 9 g per pack to 15 g per pack.

Now at 4.5 I do the exact same run and get 6 g per pack. I'm not sure, but I may have actually lost money doing the traderun.

They increased the Mats you need and cut the payout by two thirds??

Had a guy on chat tell someone, who was complaining about not being able to make any gold selling Mats on the auction house, that we are supposed to be making gold doing traderuns.

How are we supposed to supply the Cargo bins with payouts this low? Why would we bother?

Are there any traderuns that actually are worth doing?
    Every server is different and because of that fact nobody can tell which packs are worth or not.
    And mostly the "good" packs like you call them have a low % anyway.
    So i would suggest you to go to a outlet and check the packs that got delivered. Pick one that is medium or low delivered and check the mats for it. And thats the way to find "profit" packs.

Quote Originally Posted by SohzuFresh View Post
    What do you mean no more trade runs all you guys get are safe carefree trade runs.. >_> No more sea runs because you guys just sit on the npc boat and only 1 pack goes across.. >_> Completely takes out pirating as a whole. Makes the merchant ship almost useless, because good luck getting that much cargo. Safe zones EVERYWHERE.. All that hate people give them when they put austera in festival because reds had free trade runs basically so to combat that just make the turn in area safe for both sides GIANT NUIS EVERYWHERE..

Next few major updates will be this..

5.0 update main continents to giant nuis and add auto pathing with haulers for nice carefree bot like runs.
    5.1 remove pirate faction because its been useless since 4.5
    5.2 freshstart server
    Once again, referring to the initial post - This is Fresh Start

Why would you want a merchent ship? THERE IS NO CARGO. There is not enough regular product being brought in to make Cargo because its not worth your time and effort to do a traderun. There isn't even any to buy one and do the single run on the safe ship.

There is No cargo from the "opposite" Faction, so no one can do the Daily to try and get a few Charcoal stabilizers.

This entire convoluted system does not work.

Trade pack payouts on fresh start are low at the moment, because everybody and their brother has only been able to run inland specialty packs and no outgoing cargo was generated without larders or fert packs, so the payouts are currently around 50-60%. If you want a higher payout, run larders or wait until the backlog clears out of the trade centers. This is the same way it works on legacy servers, but legacy has a better balance, so payouts don't drop to 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Aislinna View Post
    Trade pack payouts on fresh start are low at the moment, because everybody and their brother has only been able to run inland specialty packs and no outgoing cargo was generated without larders or fert packs, so the payouts are currently around 50-60%. If you want a higher payout, run larders or wait until the backlog clears out of the trade centers. This is the same way it works on legacy servers, but legacy has a better balance, so payouts don't drop to 50%.

On legacy we have tons of Larders , tons of fert packs what is missing is normal packs. The same will happen on FS but it needs time ^^

For one, cargo generation does not require fert packs. Fert houses could never be built at all and cargo can still be generated.

For two, the OP ran a run that had a super low demand. Check before you run, just hit Shift-O and look, it takes a few seconds.

For three, on fresh start people are not running enough aged packs in comparison to the basic or fellowship/resident packs being run, even though aged packs are pegged at 130% for every pack you turn in, even though royal seeds make larders super cheap. Maybe most people don't undrstand that the trade system works sort of like an actual trade system now, in that the profits are best when you don't run the same thing as everyone else, and the thing most profitable changes over time depending on what others are running. It's not the static garbage we had before 3.5 where only a handful of packs were good and everything else was trash and could be ignored.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

[QUOTE=Snerdles;2687406]For one, cargo generation does not require fert packs. Fert houses could never be built at all and cargo can still be generated.

This is incorrect. Fertilizer packs count as fellowship packs in the 4/8/14 numbers. While not necessary, they do count.

Quote Originally Posted by Riftic33 View Post
    This is incorrect. Fertilizer packs count as fellowship packs in the 4/8/14 numbers. While not necessary, they do count.
    Which is exactly what I said. You don't need them for cargo to exist.

Aislinna claimed above that the bottle neck was that there were no fert packs or larders, but that's not true. Only aged packs from larders are needed since tons of fellowship packs are in towers.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

How has nobody mentioned this.

You turn all your packs in only to get screwed over by some kid who sits there all day to try and snipe your charcoal. Also i have a decked out merchant ship which is completely garbage considering you make me take my packs to solis before there any good over seas, so any packs that go to solzreed you have to transfer the cargo to Two Crowns if ur gonna take em to harnya for your Family Quest. really jacked up system if u bring the cargo over with a merch ship it cant be turned in even tho you certed it to get it, reallly fking stupid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast