+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Undocumented Skill changes 4.5b

Undocumented Skill changes 4.5b

Did some testing on some things that had been ... bugging me since 4.5a and found a few things that had been fixed.

Tested:

Shadowplay
    - Lightning Shadowsmite has been fixed (now triggers blood frenzy from stealth - in 4.5a it did not).
    - (bug?) Assassinate no longer prevents auto-target from casting on you if you're in range of a skill. This only seems to apply to Assassinate, but not Sonic Wave so far.
    - Shadowsmite no longer causes Shackle without pre-poisoning (you used to be able to do Poison Weapons>Shadowsmite as first hit and shackle in 4.5a)
    - Throw Dagger no longer causes Slow without pre-poisoning (Poison Weapons>Throw Dagger used to cause slow on first target in 4.5a)
    - Wallop no longer causes Vulnerability without pre-poisoning. (Poison Weapons>Wallop first hit used to cause Vulnerability, making it get all 4 stacks if used as first move)

Songcraft
    - Abyssal Songcraft passive Uptempo has been fixed (Disciplined Performance 4.5a's Rhythm stack / Disciplined Performance did not count for the -20% cooldown pre-req; it does now).
    - Resonating Harmony now only triggers when you inflict both Discord and Dissonance (together) on a target.

Auramancy
    - Shrug It Off now properly removes all Confinement effects, including Deep Freeze and Frozen Solid.

See if you've found others :3

I'll be updating other findings here as I read them.

Thanks Quillodon for the additional input!

2.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #2
    - Shrug It Off now properly removes all Confinement effects, including Deep Freeze and Frozen Solid.

- Resonating Harmony now only triggers when you inflict both Discord and Dissonance (together) on a target.

oh god thank you! celebrates*

RIP Stormcaster April 5 2018
    RIP Antithesis Burst Dec 10 2016
    "Cow Herding Master"
    Defy Expectations | Crush that Confidence :3

Quote Originally Posted by Quillodon View Post

That's a good change. I always support small changes that fix problems without adding more.

I really hate when they hit us with a massive number of changes cause it pretty much always ends badly.

Assassinate bug introduced

Pretty sure this is a bug, but Assassinate no longer prevents auto-target skills from targeting you.

Ex: if I'm next to someone spamming Triple Slash, it will cast then detarget. You still cannot tab target to select them though.

I thought something was up when some high-ranker in arena was chain-lightning>bull-rushing me through Assassinate. There goes one of the only counters to the stupid Mist Hell Spear meta... for now, anyway >:/

any word on shadowplay abyssal being destroyed....

Why did they do this to Resonating Harmony??? It now is so much worse skill...

Question. When did Poison Weapon Shadowsmite shackle get changed? Before, you could stealth with poison weapon activated and shadowsmite for the shackle effect. Now you have to apply the poison first before executing the shadowsmite shackle combo. This was a ninja nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSaibot View Post
    Question. When did Poison Weapon Shadowsmite shackle get changed? Before, you could stealth with poison weapon activated and shadowsmite for the shackle effect. Now you have to apply the poison first before executing the shadowsmite shackle combo. This was a ninja nerf.
    Actually I just noticed this too, and I'll add it to the OP too -

Shadowsmite and Throw dagger both no longer cause their poison combo without pre-poisoning - so you can't command poison>smite for shackle, and you can't poison>throw dagger to set up a combo. You'll need to actually land a melee or ranged attack before you go for it.

Edit:

This also applies to Wallop, so using Poison Weapons > Wallop directly will not cause 4 stacks of vulnerability, but 3 (first one will cause poison and followup hits will get combo).

PS.
    Assassinate can still be targeted with auto-targeted, come on, it's almost been a month [

+ Reply to Thread