+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69

Thread: Its Official Alts broke the game

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    441

    Its Official Alts broke the game

    Phase 2 in Fresh Start, and the game is truly broken beyond repair.

    I have a main account and 3 other pay patron accounts. I do not multibox.

    In Phase one I have been competitive. I've been able to participate in MM, CR, GR, and Halcy. I'm by no means a 'high' GS, but I had 2.9 in Phase 1, so I did get some kills. I was also able to participate in dungeons like GHA.

    Phase 2 hits, and the world has completely changed. First, I noticed a character in a cool outfit so I clicked on the character. GS said 5622. I was stunned. They allowed the gear to be seen, so I took a peek. Complete Epherium, all Divine, Celestial on accessories. OK, this doesn't bother me, I myself prepared for Epherium and had my mats and scrolls stocked and ready for change over. This is no big deal.

    What shocked me is that EVERY piece had EVERY slot gemmed. WTF? How could anyone have amassed that much honor, to be able to fully gem Divine level gear? And then I remembered the guy who complained about his alts being banned for sucking up honor in the 2x honor raids, when they were not even paticipating.

    So I, in my new Epherium armor, and 3.8GS, went to MM on 5/19. This, of course, is after the 2x honor has expired. Up to this point, I had not been One-Shot killed. At MM, I got one-shot killed 4 times. And one time, as I respawned at the alter, I noticed the pic below.

    ScreenShot0000.jpg

    So the question is, Why, at this point, would anyone be parking Alts at MM? There is no Kadum, no 2x honor. Also wondered why the alts do not get kicked off the plateau like my character does. And then the reason hit me. The multiboxers are going to absolutely continue to search for ANY way to grab "free" stuff. Every Alt gets the mission from the guard, and teleport in on your own so as not to be detected in the raid. - free honor and leadership if you just stay in the area to the end of the battle.

    Its easy to wrack up hundreds of thousands of honor to gem your equipment with ten or more Alts who stand around and do nothing. Now that they have figured that out, they can do it for All events. And continue wracking up free honor without doing any of the work required.

    If the "characters" (Alts) that are NOT "playing" the game are being given Free rewards for doing literally nothing - what point is there to playing this game?

  2. #2
    Senior Member blycee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,059
    A lot top GS player also bought the gems in the auction house. There is no real assotiation to alts. Its can be simply purchased.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by blycee View Post
    A lot top GS player also bought the gems in the auction house. There is no real assotiation to alts. Its can be simply purchased.
    ofc they can but pls dont be blind
    Why else would they use these alts there anyways, free honor.....free stuff

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by reddevil View Post
    ofc they can but pls dont be blind
    Why else would they use these alts there anyways, free honor.....free stuff
    yes some of what you said it's true but mind boggling question here is. Even if they embed all those honour gems in their gears on alts. There is no point in doing that since you can't sell gems if you extract it and if they are in epherium divine gears with gems in it. Well, the answers come to the mind is they can re-sell that gear fully gemmed for a good value market price for 5000g per piece. ALTs already destroyed the game since 2.0, it's not new news to anyone who is playing AA since 1.5.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by blycee View Post
    A lot top GS player also bought the gems in the auction house. There is no real assotiation to alts. Its can be simply purchased.
    Actually, this is incorrect. NOW, it may be possible to buy the quantity, IF you had 200 gold x whatever the total number of slots is. But I have been watching the AH gems in pase 1, since you can remove them and use them again, and was considering getting gems for phase 1. Some pages were blank. No gems filled more than one page - until the 2x Honor hit.

    The fact is with 800,000 honor (which is what the individual come complained publicly had gained) and the use of Epherium, which can be moved from one character to another, There is no balance to the game whatsoever.

    A game is only worth playing IF the playing field is level, and All players have an equal opportunity to develop characters at the Same pace. Jury-rigging the Mechanics of the game is NOT 'playing the game'.

    My biggest issue is that these Alts in question do NOT do the quests that they are being rewarded for. They do NOT participate in the success of the particular mission. They are NOT 'playing' the game. They are a glitch in the Mechanics that is being Exploited, no different than glitching the Leviathan.

    AA has allowed some glitches - GHA for example - which is probably to their detriment. They should have fixed those issues and required the players to do those dungeons 'straight up', so to speak.

    But this is costing them money. 20 F2P Alts sucking up all this honor - and continuing to do so at normal events - means that players NEVER have to spend a dime. The quantity of honor translates directly into gold by simply selling gems on the AH.

    Thus the player Never needs to spend Any real money on the game. You would think Trion would be concerned about this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,576
    lol rip

    At this point, it's only about who has more alts. But don't worry, the f2p pro-alt'ers will be here trying to tell us how we are all stupid *shrug*

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    145
    This has been discussed many times before. They simply cannot stop players from making alts. They can limit multiboxing on same PC like it was in the beginning of game, but this will only mean bigger advantage to those who will find way around it with virtual machines or just separate PC. If everything is limited anyone can just buy 3 old used laptops for less than 100$ and have 3 alts and claim they play with wife/kids/relatives.

    Quote Originally Posted by anitabeer View Post
    A game is only worth playing IF the playing field is level, and All players have an equal opportunity to develop characters at the Same pace. Jury-rigging the Mechanics of the game is NOT 'playing the game'.
    Well technically you have same opportunity to make alts as others Making alts, logging them in every day, moving them to MM and other events to get tiny reward also require some effort.

    Quote Originally Posted by anitabeer View Post
    Thus the player Never needs to spend Any real money on the game. You would think Trion would be concerned about this.
    Actually free players give more profit for Trion because 2 APEX cost almost 2x more than 1 monthly subscription.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmeko View Post
    This has been discussed many times before. They simply cannot stop players from making alts. They can limit multiboxing on same PC like it was in the beginning of game, but this will only mean bigger advantage to those who will find way around it with virtual machines or just separate PC. If everything is limited anyone can just buy 3 old used laptops for less than 100$ and have 3 alts and claim they play with wife/kids/relatives.
    I feel like this is a poor argument.

    People who can afford the means to run multiple clients will have that advantage already with swiping. The guys who hired cloud machines to get as many no break charms were untouchable then and if they couldn't multibox, they would spend the money swiping in anyway - because that gives you much quicker returns than playing on a mass of accounts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmeko View Post
    Well technically you have same opportunity to make alts as others Making alts, logging them in every day, moving them to MM and other events to get tiny reward also require some effort.
    No, its a requirement. You are playing where's wally in this game, it's pathetic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmeko View Post
    Actually free players give more profit for Trion because 2 APEX cost almost 2x more than 1 monthly subscription.
    I also hate this, promoting this way of play. That apex is hoarded, traded, flipped, used for other things too. No f2p alt'er directly does anything, that apex would be sold regardless if that guy with his alts is there or not.

    Not only does apex give you horrible $/gold conversion, it's promotes this garbage of "askjhdgashdg" and "lumberjackmanwomengenderfluid" everywhere.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    NA Enla
    Posts
    489
    This is not new, people have been dragging alts around to all the events for years. Go check out a legacy server CR/GR, many times it's 75% alts in the raid; on the west side, that rock at GR is call "alt rock" because it's nothing but alts standing there to leech honor.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    I feel like this is a poor argument.

    People who can afford the means to run multiple clients will have that advantage already with swiping.
    Not really. Anyone can make 3-4 alts and run them on same PC. What I'm trying to say is that by restricting multiboxing you are going to hurt casuals and buff hardcore players who will find way to multibox.

    Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    The guys who hired cloud machines to get as many no break charms were untouchable then and if they couldn't multibox, they would spend the money swiping in anyway - because that gives you much quicker returns than playing on a mass of accounts.
    I'm not sure what are you saying here. Yes I agree swipers will get what they are swiping for anyway regardless of alts or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    No, its a requirement. You are playing where's wally in this game, it's pathetic.
    Well not really a requirement. For example I have 3 alts and I never move them to MM or other event to get reward because I can't be bothered doing it. However others might do it if they feel it's worth it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    I also hate this, promoting this way of play. That apex is hoarded, traded, flipped, used for other things too. No f2p alt'er directly does anything, that apex would be sold regardless if that guy with his alts is there or not.

    Not only does apex give you horrible $/gold conversion, it's promotes this garbage of "askjhdgashdg" and "lumberjackmanwomengenderfluid" everywhere.
    And again I disagree here. If there would be no f2p alt'ers who would buy all that Apex and what for?

    I think you are looking too much on negative side. There are positives too. Apex allow some people to play for free, others might not have much time to play but rather spend some money to get in-game gold. More different type of players got served this way, more money for devs it's win for everyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts