+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: gold progression nuked again. no gold for the non-p2w / non player-nation. 4.5.3

Quote Originally Posted by Herzeleid View Post
    Y'all can argue bout silver'labor, buffed purses, increased labor blah blah. All this labor system from Archeage made all of you forget the most important thing of all: time. It's not impossible to make gold, to make TONS of gold, unlimited gold, any more or less than it was x patches ago. The strain the patches put is not on your labor or your gold, is YOUR TIME. You can always make 15 more free patrons and plant 35000 bundles and mine every day for 50000 labor.

I can see no good in all these recent Archeage changes, as long as they don't improve the quality of life and make things easier, they just add artificial obstacles and gimmicks to make stuff more complicated. It's as it always was, labor system was supposed to limit the amount of stuff you could get in this game, but with all the alts this is just nonsense since anyone can actually have unlimited labor. So what they do? Nerf trades by destroying follow to force you make more runs, play with packs prices and mats to force you farm your own, reduce the coinpurse drop rates to force you spend more time killing mobs, put a timer on all packs to force you stop staging cuz god forbit you are efficient in this game.... so that in the end they force you to spend HOURS every day just to spend your labor.

I see just one solution, and that is remove the labor system from the game. Make people put value on the time they spend and help they actually get to increase their efficiency for completing certain tasks and getting money. This way, m arket won't be flooded and destroyed by stuff that's too cheap and too much just because it's easy to do afk with 20 patrons. And everything, or most of it, will get solved. Labor system has absolutely no point whatsoever, it's high time someone up there see this!!
    Only if you are spending real money.

I am not spending $300 per month for 20 accounts, on a game.

And if you think buying Apex with gold is the answer, now you have to (haven't checked in awhile but last I saw on FS was around 800 per Apex. So it needs 1600 gold per account ) subtract 32,000 gold per month from your gross income in order to figure out your Net profit for the month.

Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by SamKook View Post
    2.5k gold a month is nothing, it's not even 100g a day. I used to make 1k daily when the TR system wasn't garbage with 1 account worth of labor.

Farming hiram isn't as fast with all classes. Try it with a low level healer and you'll see why people complain. My 1777 gs alt got 4 pieces in 3 hours and I got fairly lucky.

1000 gold per day ... on 5000 labor .... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodor69 View Post
    I am in a PN and Trion has been favoring PNs for too long.
    The only logical reason (Trion and Logic in same post.. ha) for this is the dwindling numbers in game due to gross negligence and mismanagement, they figure PN will allow remaining players to band together, because Trion is too weak to acknowledge merges are needed.

Similarily, the changes to Pirate will allow West and East to get "Free" nation. If they all do the quest to go pirate, they create a pirate nation that can siege, defend DGS, cross server recruit, recruit from east and west. Essentially a ghetto "free" nation (no castle need to be built).

I think Trion is counting on this new change to balance their Player Nation issue. So instead of West/East vs. Nation, it will be Pirates vs. Nation. Which, gives hope for people in West/East who didn't want to join a nation, to find others to play with.

The PROBLEM, is that some people will refuse to use the new system, they "like" being West or East. Which will actually make it West/East vs. Pirates vs. Nation, further fracturing the already small player base to the point West and East is completely dead (as if it isn't dead now!).

The only people left in West/East after the pirates change will be newbies and full potato. They will be unable to find ways to progress. Oh Hiram gonna help em? Sure, I see someone farming my favorite spot I don't like, and you bet I kill em. They can go get scraps in Peace DS or Golden Hills. Yea they're really gonna get a lot of drops and catch up in gear there aren't they!
    LoL the only things merge does is decrease population this including their whales. You know most people don't want play to losing pvp server. Right I experienced that on multiple times. Everytime they did a merge it kill some of their biggest whales on that servers which ever one is being merge. Just look at the track record.
    Been a month and my ticket have yet been resolve.
    My account was hacked and i lost everything
    141008-002654
    Never Solved but not happy
    10/08/2014

Quote Originally Posted by anitabeer View Post
    1000 gold per day ... on 5000 labor .... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
    Well, for one you only get 2880 labor a day, which works out to 34 silver per labor. You can get 31 silver per labor right now just taking Hasla cheese to Solis (at 130%). You used to have the mega OP gold trader too, which fed the strong massive amounts of gold while the rest of us begged for scraps.

Remember when you could get 72 charcoal per Rokhala larder? Charcoal was about 75 silver each, so that's about 54g per pack. Compared to about 39g per hasla cheese to solis now. Well over 34 silver per labor. Remember when that made every other pack irrelevant? People call that a good trade system.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Well, for one you only get 2880 labor a day, which works out to 34 silver per labor. You can get 31 silver per labor right now just taking Hasla cheese to Solis (at 130%). You used to have the mega OP gold trader too, which fed the strong massive amounts of gold while the rest of us begged for scraps.

Remember when you could get 72 charcoal per Rokhala larder? Charcoal was about 75 silver each, so that's about 54g per pack. Compared to about 39g per hasla cheese to solis now. Well over 34 silver per labor. Remember when that made every other pack irrelevant? People call that a good trade system.
    ok but doesnt cheese take more than a day for the larders to be ready?

Also, does the 130% hold up under the new aging rules? And what is the cost of making each pack (mats) ? if you are going to use all the labor to make and turn in the most packs, you have to buy the mats. is your Net still going to be near 1000 gold?

Back when the TR system wasn't garbage means that was back before 3.5, nowadays I make chump change.

I was doing hasla fert to solis for about 24g per pack. 3230 labor(2880+350 from sleeping), 75 labor per pack(crafting + turn in with max prof) so 43 packs total(was really doing either 40 or 50 packs in a day though) which gives a total of roughly 1032g.
    Buying the mats for 40 packs was around 120g if memory serves right but I had tons saved up and was gathering some with one alt at times.

So in reality, really about 900g profit a day + the merit quests for 0 to about 100g(on a good RNG day).

Quote Originally Posted by anitabeer View Post
    ok but doesnt cheese take more than a day for the larders to be ready?

Also, does the 130% hold up under the new aging rules? And what is the cost of making each pack (mats) ? if you are going to use all the labor to make and turn in the most packs, you have to buy the mats. is your Net still going to be near 1000 gold?
    Your net is always way more if you buy your mats, since the pack run makes more per labor than mats do.

Yes, they need to age for 3 days, that's why most people just put down 3 24's and run a rotation.

130% does hold up in the new aging rules, and larders got so much better for short runs since percentage based buffs help higher numbers in absolute value more than lower numbers. That's why you see aged packs piling up at every trade post.

The most recent trade changes completely destroyed the balance between longer and riskier runs and made short runs king since long runs are just no longer worth the effort.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6