View Poll Results: New changes what u think about them...

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • I stay here is super cool n_n

16 21.92%
  • I see how can I live with them o_o

20 27.40%
  • I start selling my stuff in case I want to go u__u

5 6.85%
  • Definetly let my properties fall apart Im leaving x_x

32 43.84%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: New changes: You will stay or leave

I deleted the game already, no point to play anymore. No time to play this game at all, it consumes +10 hours per day if you want to make progress and the game turns into "age of bots, age of alts, age of p2w, age of cheaters, age of macro users, age of same content, age of the player nations, bla bla bla" etc for years. I wait new promising mmorpgs now.

Cancelled my three patrons... Been a fun ride

cancelled my two patrons, sold my lands and houses. This game is no fun anymore but has become a chore and hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by outmam View Post
    cancelled my two patrons, sold my lands and houses. This game is no fun anymore but has become a chore and hassle.
    I think Trion would be wise to never get a game from Korea again in the future, since korean games are notoriously grindy and the producers are notoriously greedy. It does not cater to most westerners at all, it was a bad move. I think Trion can't change much about the direction of AA, XL is the one here that steers it all into the ground - perhaps on purpose so they can end the game without having to refund? Bad management and korean based producer = no fun in the long run.
    “Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
    - Jalaluddin Rumi

No other game like AA atm and I really loved it but with all the changes to trade in the last patches and upcoming ones, kills it for me. Farming/trade runs was my way of making money to be able to upgrade my gear. Now I have to join a guild and engage in warfare (which makes me a sitting duck in engagments with my crap gear) just to maybe make some ingame cash or open my wallet buy off the marketplace? I own two patron (so does my husband who is leaving also) accounts and spend more than a 100 dollars monthly between my subs and my purchases. I always said I would be willing to pay more for a subs if the game was worth it, so I had no problems with paying anything exrtra to enjoy my game. Now they took my enjoyment from the game and force me to play in a mannerr not of my choosing. I'm out....This may have been a good move for the Korean market...I think it will kill AA here NA.

I logged in this morning to sell my larders (I was trying for 2 loads each day ... so 18 larders total). I noticed that on the specialty buyer the percentages are simply going down along with my payments .... this has been consistent since the patch. I then tried a trade run from Gweonid Forest and now far more Medicinal Powders are needed. I pay for two accounts simply so I have sufficient Labor to play as I wish. NOT ANY MORE. I am leaving a game I love and have 8 characters in. I have far better things to do than support Trion's need for greed.

Bye folks.

It really is sad, and I will miss all of you who are leaving <3. Each one takes a piece of the game with them.

Trade was unchanged from Launch to 2.7 and there was very little gripe about it. Ever since 3.0 there has been 4 nerfs to trade, one of the defining characteristics of this game that helps differentiate it from other titles. Fishing took the same road in that time and was pretty much pointless.

People talk about Alpha being so great, partly because they were starry eyed by a new title with good graphics and physics and an open world, but also because it was a unique game with original systems for generating in game currency in whichever way you chose (some of the best naval settings still). Fish, trade, farm, bosses, mobs, sunken treasures, crafting, piracy. You could do whatever you wanted and still make enough to keep up since there was no gear gap, and skill played a role.

After Launch the 'Nerf Wars' began. XL introduced Regrading, and then the p2w stigma was there, along with nerfing submarines so that they were no longer quick enough to bother using for anything besides sunken ships. They changed healing to work off of its own stat, necessitating weapon swapping during combat and nerfing Sorcerer/Healer hybrids out.

yata yata, blah blah. Point is, the game WAS great, and then XL screwed everything up from the beginning, slowly making it worse over time to bleed the players coffers in the name of profit. Each 'Update' gets worse and XL takes away from the game that Jake Song originally developed. I look forward to seeing a new game that can do what AA originally did, but there is none on the horizon... (Ashes won't be 'finished' till 2020 and I don't expect everything they promise)

Some people i know would come back with more pve content for everyone beside nations like new dungeons, perhaps with a group- and a raidversion with better drops.

Sticking around, gonna see where this goes. Jake Song is lead now for AA, so even if this game is broken beyond belief, the direction they're going down is the best they've got. They've obviously been using this year to basically beta-test ArcheAge again, gonna see what'll be left once the dust actually clears before losing all hope.

Quote Originally Posted by wooglemoogle View Post
    Sticking around, gonna see where this goes. Jake Song is lead now for AA, so even if this game is broken beyond belief, the direction they're going down is the best they've got. They've obviously been using this year to basically beta-test ArcheAge again, gonna see what'll be left once the dust actually clears before losing all hope.
    I have some hope also but I expect the time between now and 5.0 to be pretty painful. I really think Hiram gear was a good move and I think that adding a 50g per day progression system for it in the marketplace was a great move because it allows people to play casually and still eventually progress into viable gear. So someone can pick the game up, develop a way to make money and just invest 50g every day toward progressing their Hiram gear. They won't progress fast but they will progress. If they're patron they get the loyalty ones too. It's a good design.

I think a lot of the skill changes in 5.0 will reduce a lot of the problems we have now. The main problem in pvp is that crit is completely out of control. The 5.0 skillsets remove cross-school bonuses and % based stat bonuses which can become OP when applied to top tier gear.

We're moving in the right direction sometimes. It's just that a lot of really bad ideas were implemented and some good ideas were implemented very badly. I still think it's salvageable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast