+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The REAL Way To Save ArcheAge

Quote Originally Posted by Keela View Post
    I hope this POST is just a troll
    lol
    Dude if u dont like pvp. go play FB FARM GAMES

game is dying anyways...
    Anyone know where the person who was asking why as a community we can never band together and agree on asking for good, positive game changes like other game communities do is? I might be able to answer that question.

You do realize literally almost everything you just said's main purpose is .... PVP?

Costumes: Stats to put toward pvp. Otherwise, they are paled by item mall costumes for "fashion"
    Ships: All except the Clipper and Merchant ship are almost exclusively used for PVP.

I want you to go search Sim Trends and compare them to PVP Game trends. Almost 97% of all players who are interested in online gaming are pvpers of some sort. There are few who actually enjoy a PVE Sim style game. You cannot support games based on their populations.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarcata View Post
    How many players are actually PvP players, I think probably more of a minimum, measured by the large normal players.
    Example: 20% PvP-Player vs 80% others?
    Realistically? I'd say 90% are pvpers..... with the caveat that 70% are not pvp gear ready. They joined Archeage with the intention of pvping, and quickly realized there is a horrendous game between Guilds who own content, paying players who spend in the tens of thousands, and those who try to progress purely on "hard work."

"Hard Work" Has always been hard capped by labor increments, number of accounts, time of the day to spend playing, and those resources are also used for OTHER endeavors..... like pvp, sales, daily quests, etc. Hard workers have been starving since the game came out.

So.... most of those who cannot exist in a world where gear exponentially has gotten stronger for the payers,..... have left, or have subjugated them to their tax paid plots they are addicted to not demolishing. They take what they can get.

This game could have Rivaled League of Legends on Sales in a different Genre. Instead it's scraping the bottom of the gaming world since only 2 years after its release. All they would have had to do was:

- acknowledge that labor was flawed by being hard capped, and rework the costs of crafting in terms of labor downward.
    - putting legitimate competitive P2W items like Charms on the item mall almost exclusively, was going to lead to vast p2w inequalities, especially in a game where failure = broken gear, and either prohibit their sales to in game only, OR remove significantly the chance of breaks on failures.
    - Learn a bit about marketing and how to increase sales by offering discounts to items like Charms, Worker's pots, etc, that heavily influence the game at extreme mark downs so they do not have high parity in cost to in game items (If Red charms were 25-30G in game, players would tolerate that cost a lot more than 2400G costs which take significant amounts of investment and worse....make the item appear to be a rare and exclusive item, instead of a common crafting recipe item. Making Necessary goods into Luxuries is a pretty direct path to game failure.
    -Reduce the dependence on RENT to play.

Archeage is one of the LAST games to rely on Rent to play. And they don't just do it in 1 feature; they do it in two. Patron + Land taxes. The more futile a game becomes to attempt to compete in.... the less people want to pay these rents. Even if you have the most palatial Farm in the game covering over 244 X244 space in one farm zone and 180:180 in another, all decorated, etc.... when you can't win the game..... you give it up. What's the point of paying rent, wasting your labor on it, and holding land hostage, if the only result is you having less fun? And instead of lowering patron costs over time, Trion actually INCREASED it..... while it was losing players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekikyo View Post
    Realistically? I'd say 90% are pvpers..... with the caveat that 70% are not pvp gear ready. They joined Archeage with the intention of pvping, and quickly realized there is a horrendous game between Guilds who own content, paying players who spend in the tens of thousands, and those who try to progress purely on "hard work."
    That's part of the problem. The game is clearly designed to be a PvP game. (PvE content is a non-challenge in this game).

Unfortunately the gear gap is so large that the majority of time is spent trying to fund the gear.

Imagine if the gear was capped at 6000. PvE content would become a challenge again. PvP would be more that just "I got the first stun, so I win, game."

More people would reach endgame = More content. That is why people play PUBG and Fortnite and No Longer play DayZ. The endgame is within reach.

It really sucks to see this game die/dying. There are a lot of cool ideas. The job system is fun, owning land is fun, building ships/cars/etc is fun, castle siege is fun.

I just wish this game was not tied to its pay to win mindset. I've been in the huge battles in all aspects of the game. 10 v10, 25 v 25, 50 v 50, 100 v 100. It was always at it's best when the gear was equal on both sides.

You want to save the game Trion/XL change the pay system. Focus more on skins and inventory space. Look at Path of Exile's system. It's fair, they also make a bunch of money. Will you loose a few whales? Maybe, but you will gain a bunch of other people who will pay a bunch of money to look good.

Also...you need to make fashion ACTUALLY LOOK GOOD, to make money on it. Just saying.
    Ray: Akmit
    -------
    formally: Ray > Valume: Kraken/Kaylin
    Qube: Reckoning, Kyrios, Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Keela View Post
    I hope this POST is just a troll
    lol
    Dude if u dont like pvp. go play FB FARM GAMES

game is dying anyways...
    This post is the perfect example of why PvP should be eliminated from the game.
    Fix the economy, eliminate PvP and bring back ArcheAge! Forget merging servers, it will only drive more people out of the game. Eliminate PvP, fix the economy and the servers would fill up again!

There are no way to save this game as LXgame keep changing gameplay mechanic and ruined people's progression .

Quote Originally Posted by Rekikyo View Post
    The player spending on one patron could complain they couldn't compete against your paying for 4 patron accounts a year too...everything is relative.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangogogo View Post
    The player spending on one patron could complain they couldn't compete against your paying for 4 patron accounts a year too...everything is relative.
    If the gear gap was not so high people would not need 4 patron accounts. The game should have been designed for 1 account to reach max gear in around 6 months. That is probably what Hiram is trying to do now. Strangely though they are also shooting themselves in the foot with the same gear by constantly messing with the drop rate. People who started early with Hiram had a way easier time with it then if they started now.

Look at Path of Exile again. It would actually be detrimental to my overall progression if I tried to play multiple accounts (for laddering).

They need to get everyone on the same gear level and then introduce gear upgrades over time. Divine > Epic Hiram for example. Going the next step they need to also make getting Divine faster when they add Epic. So those that fell behind can feel like they have a chance to keep up. Final Fantasy 14 does this well. When releasing a new set of gear then they make the old "best" set easier to get. It's a formula that has worked for them for years. Giving them 10 million subs.

I suppose the problem with constantly adding new content is that it actually needs to be new, not just recycled old content.
    Ray: Akmit
    -------
    formally: Ray > Valume: Kraken/Kaylin
    Qube: Reckoning, Kyrios, Kraken

There's only a couple of other games I've played that it was almost a necessity to have multiple accounts -

1. EVE Online, if you wanted to do manufacturing and mining, you either had to be in a good, consistent corp or make your own mining party.
    2. Everquest - it's almost completely impossible to solo in that game and as the population declined, having multiple accounts to go grind exp was required.

Neither of these games were designed to require multiple accounts, it just was more convenient.
    AA is different, it's almost a requirement to have multiple accounts just to keep up because of the labor system. It's definitely designed this way. For what? Well, to maximize the influx of $$ of course. The game has a lot of complexity and is enjoyable for a lot of different kinds of play styles, but it's also designed to make the player spend that extra dollar to keep up with everybody else. That's fine by me, I understand that and can deal with it, but it's not conducive to making a long-term game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobitoz View Post
    That's part of the problem. The game is clearly designed to be a PvP game. (PvE content is a non-challenge in this game).

Unfortunately the gear gap is so large that the majority of time is spent trying to fund the gear.

Imagine if the gear was capped at 6000. PvE content would become a challenge again. PvP would be more that just "I got the first stun, so I win, game."

More people would reach endgame = More content. That is why people play PUBG and Fortnite and No Longer play DayZ. The endgame is within reach.

It really sucks to see this game die/dying. There are a lot of cool ideas. The job system is fun, owning land is fun, building ships/cars/etc is fun, castle siege is fun.

I just wish this game was not tied to its pay to win mindset. I've been in the huge battles in all aspects of the game. 10 v10, 25 v 25, 50 v 50, 100 v 100. It was always at it's best when the gear was equal on both sides.

You want to save the game Trion/XL change the pay system. Focus more on skins and inventory space. Look at Path of Exile's system. It's fair, they also make a bunch of money. Will you loose a few whales? Maybe, but you will gain a bunch of other people who will pay a bunch of money to look good.

Also...you need to make fashion ACTUALLY LOOK GOOD, to make money on it. Just saying.

Completely agree 8)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast