+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: soooooo, how much p2w will be in the cash shop this time trion?

I'm fairly certain Hiram weapons are competing vs the Tiered weapons, not the Ayanad. And what's the criterion for getting them? And what happens when you break them?

Ayanad has only ever been a strong item because wealthy people could spam regrade a bunch of them. If Tier weapons were easily spammable (at high tiers), no one would even use Ayanad.

My guess? Hiram weapons are probably gated items.....

My Archeage p2w calculation in my opinion the new gearing system is not p2w. Total hiram infusion you can purchase all in the cash shop for 1 month is 411 infusion limit, it cost you $105 for 19,400 credit + 750 credit. Compare for very hardcore grinder it can get 4,650 infusion it can cost them $0. Not hardcore can grind 2500+ infusion for 1 month cost $0. Plus the new gearing system is rock, paper, scissor and everyone can get in top gear score by grinding only without cost real money. You can get full set dungeon legendary gear in 2 or 3 month grinding in dungeon without cost real money. They remove regrade system of boss gear, dungeon gear and obsidian gear is already obsolete. Also Epic hiram gear is equivalent to ayanad mythic. If you want to go crafted Ayanad gear or you want to be highest than Epic hiram gear it is only 1 percent chance can go to eternal grade or make erenor gear and feed a ton of gear for a few years to make a complete set of erenor eternal. Archeage is more easy now to get a gear compare to other MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by blizplix View Post
    My Archeage p2w calculation in my opinion the new gearing system is not p2w. Total hiram infusion you can purchase all in the cash shop for 1 month is 411 infusion limit, it cost you $105 for 19,400 credit + 750 credit. Compare for very hardcore grinder it can get 4,650 infusion it can cost them $0. Not hardcore can grind 2500+ infusion for 1 month cost $0. Plus the new gearing system is rock, paper, scissor and everyone can get in top gear score by grinding only without cost real money. You can get full set dungeon legendary gear in 2 or 3 month grinding in dungeon without cost real money. They remove regrade system of boss gear, dungeon gear and obsidian gear is already obsolete. Also Epic hiram gear is equivalent to ayanad mythic. If you want to go crafted Ayanad gear or you want to be highest than Epic hiram gear it is only 1 percent chance can go to eternal grade or make erenor gear and feed a ton of gear for a few years to make a complete set of erenor eternal. Archeage is more easy now to get a gear compare to other MMO.
    Did you include the sales, the packs, and the fact that purchased infusions are always purple but dropped ones rarely are?
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

is there going to be another fresh start!??!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Did you include the sales, the packs, and the fact that purchased infusions are always purple but dropped ones rarely are?
    yes, everything in the cash shop. Only 1 percent chance of winning, because if you want to be highest than Epic Hiram gear you have to go Ayanad eternal grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda Delux View Post
    Every game has downward trends thats normal. But I do disagree on your statement about farming. I used to play with these people and every patch that came out made their life more stressful till the straw broke the camels back and they ditched to go play Eve again or star citizen.....or quite literally farmville....

League of legends, Path of Exile, Dota2, Diablo's franchise, WoW, FF14, Black Desert <---- All of these games have players quit by the handful daily....the difference is if you put down FF14, Black Desert, Dota2, League of legends, Path of exile, Diablo, or WoW for 6 months to a year....You can pick them right back up and never lose an ounce of steam, <---- No rebuilding, no being so far behind that its impossible to catch up, no loss of progress. You pick up these games after putting them down, and not only do you get a fat ♥♥♥ welcome back package, THEY BOOST YOUR PROGRESSION SPEED so that you can catch up. And in some cases like path of exile, they start a new season entirely and everyone is back to 0 playing a new game experience each season while taking all of their rewards back to their standard characters and leagues to "have fun" with.

Archeage had the innovation to compete with the titles above.... but it was using gaming and business practices dated from 2007 korean mmos which have flopped over the years. Fiesta online? Dead game. Rohan Online? Dead game. 2Moons online? Dead game. Cabal Online? Dead game. All of these games are dead, while only 1 game out of all of Korea makes any significant impact on player retention by adopting western ideas for player retention.

Now some people are gonna argue Black Desert is a bad game because muh gear curve and +12 weapons etc etc RNG!!!! Well.... at least in black desert the end game gear is obtainable in a reasonable amount of time... whether you have +(insert random number) bonus gear value is another thing but it isnt even difficult to get to that point either, as long as you play the game the game rewards you even by giving you free items daily that help you progress to reach that +(insert random BS number) gear. Which is something most other korean games frown at because they have this twisted idea that if you allow the donkey to get the carrot on the stick thats going to satisfy the donkey and the donkey will leave...<---- Thats not how it works, as soon as the donkey gets that 1 carrot he's not gonna quit, hes gonna keep looking for more sticks, and more carrots ala Path of Exile style. Never thought I'd enjoy a game so much that reset everyones progress to 0 for seasonal play, psychology is crazy.
    I do believe the "pick up 6 months later" has kind of been part of every single critique I've written of this game.... Hence why I rail on Taxes still being a thing, Subscription to even begin paying those taxes, and the fact Charms are still a gating feature.

Those three things.... are the only reasons you can't just "up and leave" and then come back.

--------------------

Most of the games you mentioned don't actually have "quitters" by the handful (maybe by your perspective). They have seasonal addicts. People whose temperament is to get upset at something with their game they are addicted to, or "bored," or migrate between new "trending games"..... and then they come back the second there's a content reset of some sort to play the next round.

League of Legends player base is at least still larger than it was in 2016, if not as large as 2017. People don't like the Season 8 damage outputs/seeming disappearance of real tanks, so they are waiting out the season. But they are still spending, spending more per player, and playing thousands of games.

I generally agree with your post. Farming? I think you need to read my response to romonster.

Just wait till they add the tempering gem that keeps your tempers from resetting. Ultimate whale status
    "Even when NaCl and Crippling Debt did engage they got wreckhoused, REALLY FAST!!!!! It was AWESOME!!!!" (Khrolan school girl giggle in the background) - Celestrata 2016

Quote Originally Posted by pudge View Post
    is there going to be another fresh start!??!?!?!?!
    Probably about 6 months to a year after the merge.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBOB View Post
    Just wait till they add the tempering gem that keeps your tempers from resetting. Ultimate whale status
    I guess Tempering stones can drop from the mobs and it is untradeable. While tempering too it cost him a ton of labor. If he want to p2w he need to sell a ton of apex for a lowest price so more people can get loyalty token to make subs account and use loyalty token to buy labor pots. If he sell more apex for lowest price more people are happy but still he can't win because the gearing is rock, paper scissor and his pvp skills too.

Im not talking about tempering stones. I'm talking about a charm that will prevent your temper from going back down. So swipe away and you are surely going to get a +30 temper. In KR the only option is to buy this charm with credits. Whales at a +30 temper, and everyone else at a +20 temper could be the biggest gap the whales might ever have in this game.
    "Even when NaCl and Crippling Debt did engage they got wreckhoused, REALLY FAST!!!!! It was AWESOME!!!!" (Khrolan school girl giggle in the background) - Celestrata 2016

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast