+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Confirmed Trion got sold, do we still get evolution compensations or not?

Confirmed Trion got sold, do we still get evolution compensations or not?

So i was wandering in light of recent news of Trion being sold to Gamigo, are we still going to get compensations for evolutions and is 5.0 still on track for tomorrow?
    DeathLives - Old Timers Guild - Tahyang - Conviction - Kadum West

I would assume that will still happen, but with 7/8 of the employees laid off and Aeria Games (Gamigo and Aeria merged 2 years ago, so forgive me for using the more popular name in NA) now owning the rights to publication, it's up in the air. Aeria (Gamigo) will probably still hold to the promises that were made for the very near term of ArcheAge by Trion, but afterwards it's up in the air.

It's a mixed bag of "Yay!" and dread for an uncertain future. Perhaps with Aeria's (Gamigo's) bigger bargaining position, they can get changes from XL Games that Trion could never hope to accomplish. I really hope that the new publisher will take a long look at the state of ArcheAge and see that it is still salvageable, then work to fix the problems with XL Games. There's a lot of good here, but too often core elements have been changed for the worse.

This new merger will have 3 possible outcomes. First (and optimistically) is that they will renegotiate the deal with XL and fix the problems within the game, bringing a resurgence of old (and new) players to revitalize the game to former glory. Second is that they will continue down the current trend and slowly lose more players and soldier on a couple more years before shutting the doors down. The last course of action would be to take a look at the trend and declare that it's either too risky or not worth it, and shut the game down in the near future.

Gamigo is the big company, Aeria only part of.

Talking about compensation, it normally comes from the developer not the publisher (based on my mmo experience of 15 years).

Trion, the publisher, was sold... ArcheAge is owned by XL games the developer.

Calm down and wait.
    Retired. <Catalyst> Slyterine @ Aria Kyrios / Luthien @ Kaylin
    ArcheAge Datasheet: http://bit.ly/AADatasheet

I am always amazed at the need for compensation for everything and then demand it happens right now and non owners of the company expect answers right now about every little detail of the game and answers about every rumor ever heard. I guess this is a product of so much fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathLives View Post
    So i was wandering in light of recent news of Trion being sold to Gamigo, are we still going to get compensations for evolutions and is 5.0 still on track for tomorrow?
    ArcheAge's fate is grim and you are worried about a few packs for compensation?
    Xhisors
    Enigmatist --- Spellsong --- Daggerspell
    Honor Bound | Commander

We do... unless we don't

Either it's something that's handled automatically with the update, or there'll be a wait period once Gamigo has everything settled and starts doing whatever they're going to do.

So at best, no wait. At worst there'll be a wait.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

I don't really understand why people feel so entitled and so much concern over "compensation" since the launch of this game. Rather pathetic and sad really. Its more so an act of kindness than something you're entitled to because you've been inconvenienced in some way. It's a sad mentality. You're not owed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    I don't really understand why people feel so entitled and so much concern over "compensation" since the launch of this game. Rather pathetic and sad really. Its more so an act of kindness than something you're entitled to because you've been inconvenienced in some way. It's a sad mentality. You're not owed anything.
    Troll account attempts to trigger players but fails.

XD

Might I just start off with a simple "♥♥♥♥ you!"?

175 people just lost their jobs due to an acquisition from a company who is in the business of sunsetting games. Trion was absolutely gutted from the inside. Get the hell over your concerns about stupid-♥♥♥ compensations at this particular moment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast