+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: To our new overlords at Gamigo

Quote Originally Posted by Herzeleid View Post
    This costume is not more revealing than the midnight swimwear (or what was the name of that ugly swimsuit we got instead of this?) is, which is what we got. I'm still having a hard time believing that this costume was 'too sexy for the game'. And btw, this was a Halloween costume xD

EDIT: Summer NIght Swimwear, you can see it right now in the loyalty shop

You called?

If this allowed you to turn off the Sunglasses..... wow.

I miss all my assets...... but only if the game could recover under Gamigo.....

For what it's worth: I haven't seen many or any at all - new costumes...... in the 2 years I haven't played. Did Trion/XL just decide costume design was too tedious for the return? If so, I have no hope at all for them...

Quote Originally Posted by Rekikyo View Post
    For what it's worth: I haven't seen many or any at all - new costumes...... in the 2 years I haven't played. Did Trion/XL just decide costume design was too tedious for the return? If so, I have no hope at all for them...
    There have been, but they're mostly full body Yata/Greenman/Cow cosplay, or very underwhelming gowns. The only recent decent one (IMO) was the cowboy/cowgirl sheriff outfit. They haven't even brought back the school uniforms in over 2 years (still have Red Dragon and Leviathan House).

I want to know in why they sealed off the Costume Hall in Mirage with 3.0... It's never been open (like in RU and KR), but at least before we had an open window to sneak in through to see preview mannequins.

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    There have been, but they're mostly full body Yata/Greenman/Cow cosplay, or very underwhelming gowns. The only recent decent one (IMO) was the cowboy/cowgirl sheriff outfit. They haven't even brought back the school uniforms in over 2 years (still have Red Dragon and Leviathan House).

I want to know in why they sealed off the Costume Hall in Mirage with 3.0... It's never been open (like in RU and KR), but at least before we had an open window to sneak in through to see preview mannequins.
    Because everyone wants to run around in a Furry suit shaped like cartoon cattle and yatas.

I don't think that qualifies as new costumes. Sounds like retrofitting old ones with new colors.

Do they not realize costumes are better money makers than p2w?

My images I posted here don't even begin to do justice to how much I had spent/designed my assets to a theme. I probably spent more than any individual person in the game on any server creating an "experience."

Over 60 Crest Cubes
    Over 90 Crest Canvases
    178 links of Rickety Fence (both types)
    Pumpkin fences (those are also credit)
    Tombstones X 24
    7 Coffins
    pretty much the entire asset class of Halloween items in multiples.

I spent 2 hours every 2-3 days going around all maps digging up trees to plant for my theme.
    I groomed 18 Glorious Pines a day.
    I owned the entire Thunder Isle, and a huge portion of Windscour..... all themed.

When someone wants something decorative, they go more out of their way to buy it than p2w which isn't guaranteed.

I'm willing to bet I dropped some $1300 just in farm/decorations.

Don't get me wrong, I entirely agree that it's mostly just reskins and nothing eye catching. SWTOR loot boxes were built completely around costumes, emotes and weapon skins. A company can make more off of aesthetics than p2w for sure. A potato isn't going to worry about gearing up, they want mounts, gliders and clothes. Many hardcore pvp players love to collect costumes and decor as well.

last dev post was 3 days ago, not to read too much into it, but that really doesn't look like a good sign for Archeage.
    Anoron
    Mage Extreme

JQ, STD, Omen

Quote Originally Posted by Anoron View Post
    last dev post was 3 days ago, not to read too much into it, but that really doesn't look like a good sign for Archeage.
    Could just be weekends off on their staff shortage. Then again, there's been no confirmation on anyone's part that Gamigo will take over publication rights for the long term. This is a trying interim period for the game as negotiations are made, and meetings are held to find out what's in store for the future.

Will Gamigo get the contract? Will XL Games self publish? Will we get another publisher? Will our account data be transferred over once the dust settles? Would it be a good thing for ArcheAge NA/EU to start over with renewed life? Will they just shut the doors? There's a lot of questions to be answered, so let's hope for some of them to be responded to, for the sake of the population and to quell our paranoia.

These are some of the newer costumes that I know of that aren't animal based I will list the names of them in the next post after I link the other 2 costumes.

ScreenShot0086.jpgScreenShot0088.jpgScreenShot0090.jpgScreenShot0091.jpgScreenShot0093.jpg
    Dacks- Tahyang/Conviction/Kadum/Wynn

ScreenShot0096.jpgScreenShot0098.jpg

1 Tahyang's Battle Plate
    2 Lawkeeper Costume
    3 Immortal Guardians Robes
    4 Winters Messenger Costume
    5 Blue Dragon Costume
    6 Golden Phoenix Regalia
    7 Black Sands Costume.

Of course these designs can vary wildly on different races and or Females.
    Dacks- Tahyang/Conviction/Kadum/Wynn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast