+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lack of Land

I just tried to return today and spent 7 hours looking for a simple 16x16 to start to play and it doesn't exists.
    These "professional" Archeage lands owners kiddos are ruining this game, not the company.
    Some ppl has more than 30 lands while others can't have 1.
    I think the company should think about a way to make this thing more dynamic, otherwise people will still keeping lands without any kind of production indiscriminately.
    Make a land be harder to keep is a possible solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Krynch View Post
    "why do I pay to have the privilege of giving other players money?"
    I couldn't agree more with this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mullmar View Post
    Make a land be harder to keep is a possible solution.
    And just how do you propose they do that? The only thing I can reasonably think of is to go back to not having the ability to craft tradable tax certs. Mostly that just made people spread out property on more alts though so it actually does nothing to hurt land hoarders but will certainly hurt casuals that have a few properties when 3g tax certs come back.

I have no other ideas. They have already increased the multi-property tax penalties multiple times which didn't seem to help at all. They eliminated pack staging which cut down on the need to have property other than for vanity and storage.

On the other hand, property is really cheap and demos happen every week, so anyone who really wants it can just go get it. So is it really all that big of a problem? The problem mostly seems to be lazy envious people who just want to take what other people worked for.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

What Snerdles said. A couple of weeks ago returning players were lamenting that they had no land. I gave away a 16x16 that I had bought earlier, so that one of them could have some land. They put down a farm that has not been used for a single thing since then. The same has happened with another plot that I grabbed as it went to demo, then gave away free. There's a completely unused house on it now, owned by someone else who complained loudly about not having land. (Edit: looked at that house tonight; it does contain a storage chest.)

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    I have no other ideas. They have already increased the multi-property tax penalties multiple times which didn't seem to help at all.
    Indeed. It's not hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    They eliminated pack staging which cut down on the need to have property other than for vanity and storage.
    Idk what "pack staging" means but you talk about "Vanity and storage".
    And about planting?

Quote Originally Posted by Mullmar View Post
    Indeed. It's not hard enough.

Idk what "pack staging" means but you talk about "Vanity and storage".
    And about planting?
    Bots do all that work, most things aren't worth planting.

Again, land is super cheap and easy to get, go get some if you want some. It's free if you just go look for it.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

If land is so hard to get and so many people are clamoring for it then why have I been trying to sell a bunch of demos on Jakar for weeks without even so much as someone messaging to ask about it?

Me thinks the whiners dost protest too much. People who want land can have it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by TriopOfAria View Post
    If land is so hard to get and so many people are clamoring for it then why have I been trying to sell a bunch of demos on Jakar for weeks without even so much as someone messaging to ask about it?

Me thinks the whiners dost protest too much. People who want land can have it easily.
    You've got it wrong. People aren't whining because there is a shortage of land. They're whining because there's a shortage of free land they can grab without doing any substantial work.

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    You've got it wrong. People aren't whining because there is a shortage of land. They're whining because there's a shortage of free land they can grab without doing any substantial work.
    Indeed. It's obvious they put in zero effort because if they put in any effort they would have land.

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    Or there is a shortage of land in the exact spot they want. The spots may not the in the 'ideal' spot, but they're out there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast