+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Update coming this fall!

Quote Originally Posted by xDrac View Post
    So is the new Skillset only really viable for dual wielding? I heard a lot of the skills require or at least give bonus effects when using two weapons?
    I saw a translation of the skills and it looked like a lot of the abilities used the attack stats on your offhand to increase their damage. Usually your offhand is just a stat stick but that is not the case with the new skill if the translation I saw is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    I saw a translation of the skills and it looked like a lot of the abilities used the attack stats on your offhand to increase their damage. Usually your offhand is just a stat stick but that is not the case with the new skill if the translation I saw is correct.
    It is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    AGI is for ranged attacks. It's probably going to be STR based for crit chance, etc.

You can hover over stats in game to see what they do for you. The only thing AGI does that is relevant for this new skillset is evasion which is mostly irrelevant when compared to crit chance and damage.
    Imo I think your mistaken

Critical rates of melee and ranged attacks also depend on agility.
    Would make sense if some of the attacks is based on AGI too

Strength is a core attribute for any melee warrior and tank.
    New class not gonna be neither.

-but we will have to see. If its a "rogue"-class it would make sense its AGI based. Dont recall a game where it is not ? Looking forward to try it out and hoping its gonna be a some sort of a rogue

Critical rates of melee and ranged attacks also depend on agility.
    Not sure where you picked that up but this was changed in the Legends Return patch more than a year ago.
    (Has it really only been 1year 4months? it feels like it has been like that for a way longer time)

Taken from the patch notes:

Strength per point
    0.2 DPS,
    0.020% Parry (up from 0.006%),
    no longer provides shield block,
    0.013% Melee Accuracy (up from 0.012%),
    0.027% Melee Critical Rate (up from 0).
    Agility per point
    0.2 DPS,
    0.01% Evasion,
    0.013% Ranged Accuracy (up from 0.012%),
    no longer provides Melee Critical Rate,
    0.027% Ranged Accuracy (up from 0.013%).
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

ahh my bad, ty for info.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarina View Post
    ahh my bad, ty for info.
    Yes, I was trying to bring that change to the attention of returning players. They added some nice tool tips in game so you can hover over stats to see what they do. A lot has changed in the last 2 years. In some cases it's not well documented in game so it is a bit challenging for returning players.

I doubt the new skillset will involve agility. It better f'n not. I already had to reroll all my gear once when they changed it to strength was the only melee stat that mattered and I was sitting there in full lightning (str/agi). I had to replace everything.. Armor, weapons, jewelry, everything. It was brutal. I'm currently running 1hd axe and katana for leather and plate bonus. I didn't go 2hd just so I could do the new skillset. I'll just quit if they require agility for it.

Before anybody starts preordering, I think this should be made clear:

From the Archeum Chainbreak Pack:

You will receive 5000 Credits that can be used to upgrade the seasonal ArchePasses for additional Daily Contracts ...
    So these passes have to be bought with credits and are used for Daily Contracts??

What daily contracts, and doesn't that sound a bit like p2w?
    Nostalgia

Our current focus is to ensure live servers remain available for play. Thanks for your support.

-Khro

Quote Originally Posted by Godiva View Post
    What daily contracts
    That's the crucial question that needs to be answered (and hasn't been answered yet) as well as whether marketplace items are BOP or can be sold to other players.
    As long as those questions remain unanswered, p2w in AAU is a Schrödinger's cat.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post
    That's the crucial question that needs to be answered (and hasn't been answered yet) as well as whether marketplace items are BOP or can be sold to other players.
    As long as those questions remain unanswered, p2w in AAU is a Schrödinger's cat.
    I believe in the livestream it was stated that cash shop items will indeed be Bind-on-Pickup.
    [ Dahuta EU | Xdrac | <Navarchy> ]
    [ xdrac.com ]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast