+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Can people with regular job compete in AA:Unchained / is worth starting?

Unhappy Can people with regular job compete in AA:Unchained / is worth starting?

The good times when many of us could play 10-15h/day are over.
    Now, after work, many of us have only a few hours playtime and many stopped playing mmorpg's like AA because they are very time consuming.

But in my 5 years of Archeage, I learned that not only money generates gold, also playtime helps a lot to get ahead of other player. Since we the new archeage is a version where we can do "p2w", I wonder, if working people will be able to compete with people that got a lot of time for playing.

What is the working community thinking about this? Will you try it? Will we just be food for 24/7 players?

The new server sounds like time to win - but some people have more time to play then others.

It always was time to win. What do you think pvping over content is?

So you can not recommend the game for people with limited time?

Christ, is this the new whinge? I get P2W, nobody but dickheads want that, but is complaining about 'time to win'... In a mmorpg... the new gripe?

Quote Originally Posted by blycee View Post
    Will we just be food for 24/7 players?
    Yes, you will essentially be content (or "food" if u prefer) for the nolifers, just like f2p players have always been content for the p2w crowd.
    In AA:U, it will be even worse than in current AA. Why? Because in the current AA version you can convert APEX to gold and therefore compensate for the progress nolifers have made while you were at work.

When I was on vacation couple weeks ago I played a bit in the morning hours and eventually realised that half my faction are nolifers that play 10 hours per day. I do not think it will be any different in AA:U.
    "You fight like a dairy farmer!"
    "How appropriate, you fight like a cow."

What are you on about? AA has always been time consuming. You played it. You know it. You can still play but progress slower. This is cringe level of complaining.

More time allows you to grind through progression faster.

Daily quests allow you to wade through progression and still get there eventually.

You can get significant progression from daily quests by joining a reset raid. You won't progress as fast as people who are farming drops and stuff like that but you'll get your gear done.

I don't know how it will be in the new format because we don't have all the details yet and I'm sure there will be things that happen that people don't expect.

There are hard limits in game already. Daily quests to get fusions, event/dungeon log in limits... Weak part of this system is gold. Because you can share money (gold) and you can "cheat" with multiple accounts. If hiram all parts of hiram gear leveling are bounds the problem is not so drastic. P2w or 0-24 players: crafted gear path, real players in hiram path. You can get more, but that is very limited... or expensive. But no. We get p2w/resource share in "self farmed" gear too... eh, koreans. They will never change.

This will be a non-issue. It doesn’t matter how many infusions or pieces of Hiram you farm a day. Everyone will be capped at the same labor, and you can use almost all of your labor just through the infusions and other gear upgrades you can get through dailies. Crafted gear also will not be an issue since the proficiency requirements will put a hard stopper on it. It’s 20k prof just to hit epherium, 70k for Delphi, 130k for Ayanad, and 180k for erenor. This won’t be legacy where people will already have this proficiency, and trying to push for it day 1 of the server with limited resources and labor will be painful. It will be incredibly expensive, and it will be about a week of full labor use solely on proficiency grinding before someone can even craft epherium of only one type of armor or weapons. Epherium compared to Hiram is a joke too. You will stay on par if you have high grade epherium when everyone is still at t1 Hiram, but even just doing dailies now, you can get past t1 in a flash. I don’t even want to know how ridiculously painful and expensive it will be to push a single proficiency to Ayanad+ level on these servers. It’s just not a viable plan unless someone is just really into crafting.

Edit: Also dungeon gear is significantly limited. Before you can even get to farming the dungeons with gear relevant to Hiram, you’ll have to farm a set that is basically already competitive to Hiram just to be able to clear the dungeon, either through Hiram itself or an insane amount of lower dungeon farming for progressive upgrades. Going to the good dungeons with anything less than delphinad, which won’t be around for a while, will probably be suicide. Considering daily limit to dungeons is restricted even with scrolls (and remember the printing proficiency needed for the good scrolls), dungeon gear isn’t something you can realistically rush either (unless you’re talking about a temporary low level set). I imagine there will be people who do go dungeon gear, but probably after they get a midling Hiram set.

Anyway, my point is there won’t be a straight ez/quick op gear path as there were in previous versions nor will there be a super op set that only people with crazy amounts of time can obtain. Every path is limited to a reasonable amount of farming per day (like 1-2 hours), and if someone doesn’t even play that much consistently, then they aren’t really playing anyway (missing a day or two each week won’t set you back a lot compared to those who don’t)

Most single player games. MMOs are time-sinks.
    "You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw." - Bill Watterson

Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Archeage is not a PvP game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast