+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't like the alt compromise they announced

I don't like the alt compromise they announced

Step in the right direction when we need leaps. They are asking us for a big leap of faith to trust them not to do anything post launch. If we've learned anything by playing this game it is not to trust anything at face value. I hope this new revenue model succeeds however, not because I like you all so much but because I think ArcheAge at it's core is a fantastic game and deserves a real server with real people.

3 accounts is 2 accounts too many. I would have preferred a bigger change to the games labor mechanics, something that would've made owning alt accounts nearly pointless. Anything else than allowing alts would've been better. Maybe an overhaul would've satisfied me? I don't really know. Many will scorn at the idea of reform, but more on that at the end of this post where I'll address why I expect more than usual hate for this idea based on how the community has responded in the Unchained Discord to any and all ideas of changing the game to be "fairer" for casual / normal players aka. ones who would just play on one account.

AltAges Legacy

The game has been out for 5 years and we've seen from day one that the labor system is ripe for abuse since the game is free to play. The entire reason alt accounts are used is because of labor and everything that follows with it. The benefits are just too numerous to list. Say what you may and theorize what you want about how they'll stop multiboxing or buying more than 3, because it's just too easy to just have more than 3 accounts if someone really wants to. Having to pay for those accounts is a deterrent you say? Doesn't really matter to whales. The more expensive something is the more exclusive it is and thus worth paying premium for.

I have a feeling that that's what are relying on too. Not outright declining buying multiple accounts, just limiting it to a sensible 3, is proof enough to me. Now if the price is very low too it's practically them saying to the average player to buy 3, but "pretty pretty please players do limit it to 3 now ok? ok? kk! thanks! I'm gonna look over this way now...!" But feel free to form your own opinion on the news of course, this is just mine.

Why am I so worried of Altage anyway?

I'm just a returnee and according to the Altage Unchained players on Discord I shouldn't be allowed to talk about this topic at all, because I didn't stick with an obvious pay to win game for the 5 whole years like they did. Well I am going to talk about it, and I don't even try to hide the fact that I'm back to see what Unchained is all about. I don't lie about knowing every nuance there is to know about live game. I did spend a lot of time researching though, but still I don't know the current meta throughout but what I do know about games and MMO's is that meta's are never static. They always change. Saying one thing is true now doesn't mean it will stay that way. I know about ArcheAge, and I know that land is never pointless. Never worthless. It is a premium. Always was and will always be. It's one of the most useful things to own in the game but if you were to listen to the Altage players on Unchained they would have you believe it's, and I quote, "utterly useless". Well, I spent some odd hours on the servers looking around at land. Seeing as it's useless there must be loads of it free.

Well... about that.

It is still all locked down by people with 10's of alts. I've had awesome and honest people who use alts whisper me and tell me how many alts they have. Because using alts is just normal in Altage and part of the game experience to them. It isn't cheating. It isn't wrong. Just part of the game.

What makes it sad is that fact that a lot of the land isn't even used for farming or planting... there's literally nothing on the plots. Nothing at all. Nothing planted. Only expensive 800 gilda start buildings constructed. Everywhere. These players have ascended to such heights with their alts that tax certificates are completely free and Gilda is worthless for them. They have no issues locking down more and more land when it comes available and it's so darn obvious. Now yes, these servers have been here for 5 years so they've had time to get to this level, ergo they deserve it, right? Well how are people supposed to return / start in this game knowing that this is the future? How are you supposed to stick with a fresh server knowing this will be the end result anyway?

Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps whales will not do anything like this again, because whales are lazy right? Right. There's no way someone who spends thousands upon thousands of dollars for an advantage would also play the game actively too to push said advantage even further? Right.

But multiboxing wont be allowed in Unchained

Some people came forth and told me there's not a lot of reason to multibox anyway, that in the current meta it's pointless beyond some small benefits. Well lets look at the current state of the game, because Unchained will be a carbon copy of it but with a different revenue model. On almost every housing map I saw clusters of AFK Patron enabled alts. Now, why have them online when Patron enables labor generation offline? That's because the current version of ArcheAge has dozens of benefits for multiple accounts, other than pure labor. You don't even need to multibox alt accounts to gain massive benefits from them. The unfunny thing is in Unchained there literally isn't a reason to keep the accounts online anyway because they have permanent Patron.

To list just a few benefits which don't need you to multibox: Family dailies, Guild dailies, Community dailies, Vocation dailies, Salt dailies and naturally events that print out gold.

Yes ALL of these were all part of the same guild / family and 99% sure controlled by one person. These are not multiple people. These are ALL alt accounts found in only one afternoon of scouting around. This probably is only a very small % of the actual amount out there because there is another whole faction to consider and the ones who just weren't online using their alts at the time of recording. I also looked many names in the community boards to see if they owned and and surprise surprise, yes, they did.

Entire landscapes taken by single players and their alt armies. People in nation chat complaining that another Halcyona was ruined by someone with crazy amount of alts. Many desperately looking for member to do dungeons with, but never find anyone because alt armies don't need other players anyway because their fed main can solo most of it anyway. Thank you based insane Korean gear grind systems!

Many people have come forth and told me directly that they owned up to 80 alts and during events would reap insane rewards. Most of these people who own these alts also pay for the game, heavily. I've heard of some people spending years worth of salaries in the game in order to just dominate the game. This is just what people tell me, but I know they have no real reason to lie. You can watch YouTubers who cover this game and its' updates / make guilds constantly run into alt armies while making their videos. The number one complaint they mention is alts too. I am not alone on this and usually the ones who try and shut you up about this subject are the ones who abuse alts heavily themselves. They are just too darn used to being able to abuse power in the game to silence people they think it somehow extends beyond the game.

The thing is labor is what makes gold valuable, because labor = timed resource. Time = finite resource we have. However an alt account doubles how much your time impacts the game, pure and simple. 1 more alt account your time now gets you 2x the amount of items. 2 more accounts and your time gets you 3x the amount of items. Items like labor potions now are 300% more effective too. It just keeps going on and on until you realize your pitiful casual 5000 labor pool is nothing compared to someone else who easily has 50,000 to spend in the same time. How do you not see how that makes them control the auction house, the land and and the value of everything?

Without an alt account you are walking only 1/X'th at the speed as someone who has multiple. Yes, leveling and managing alt accounts means you have to spend more time in the game, but any organized player says it's all just "alt tab, left click, done", but initially setting up is time consuming. Alts have turned ArcheAge into a single player game for some where they are literal gods, and this might just be the fate Unchained is doomed to repeat. I also don't think Altage is not the reason ArcheAge has fallen to the state it is in. It's only one of the many reasons.

tl;dr

Labor is time and time is speed, and no matter how you splice it you can't catch up to someone who walks 3 times as fast as you, let alone someone who sprints 10 times faster than you and the rare Gods who go at the speed of light (money).

So far, you don't seem to like anything at all.

Very good post and I agree 100% , just this morning on GR there was 1 guy packing 10 of them in a corner. The restrictions they put in is still great news nonetheless but it really ruins the immersion of the game seeing things like that.

+ rep OP.

I know nobody cares, but i was hyped about AA:U, after news about alt's i will say no thank you. You just lost 20$.

You compare 10-20 alts to 2. 2!!! They can not rework the game mechanics around labor. Its developed by XLGames. Again, 2 alts are nothing, its something everybody can do without any problem. Ofc would be 1 acc with better solution cool but as long as AA get an open economy, people will find ways around this.

btw, that post is way 2 long 2 read about a topic where everything was said 100000 times past 5 years over and over again.

People will go hiram and lib gear. That dosen't scale with x alts. You are redstricted to the labor on your main account and the time you can grind per day. The gold you need is easly made by 1-2 alts, after that it dosen't scale higher.

I agree with the OP. Three accounts is better than the ten accounts I see on the Cargo Ship or running around castles collecting Lord's Coins, but it is two too many.

By allowing three accounts, you are telling the player base that you will need three accounts. If you have one, you will be one shot at every PvP event inside six months. You are also allowing one person to control six properties before suffering a tax hit. You are also allowing two alts per person to participate in content where simply showing up grants the reward.

Two of the biggest complaints here are lack of land and alts at events. How is this helping?

If you can limit accounts to three, you can limit them to one.

Devil's advocate here:

What if players want to play different class/race/factions but don't want to be burdened by having multiple mains sharing the same labor pool?

i was waking up this morning about to make a similar post, thanks for saving me the time; if you can try to get the CM's to pass this up the chain to the people making these decisions and hopefully spark some change.

+1 to not liking this decision by Gamigo to bring a form of p2w to the supposed non p2w Unchained.
    --------
    Zin
    Not matching Paden's Gameplay since launch
    --------

Returning players are not happy to see ArcheAge Altchained

This post is about Gamigo's recent announcement that each player on ArcheAge: Unchained will be allowed to use up to 3 accounts.

Before i start, a quick quote from CM Carendash:

"No one can simply purchase an advantage over others. Everyone will have the same amount of Labor regeneration and a cap of 5,000 Labor Points. Housing will be available to everyone.

This is not actually the case though. With the involvement of 3 accounts per person, an individuals labor pool is actually 15,000. Housing will not be available to everyone because they can claim 6 plots of unbuilt land.

This change is directly pay to win, by purchasing 3 copies of Unchained i can gain an advantage over someone who only purchases one.

So why is this a problem?
    To new and returning players this only further ingrains the idea that pay to win will be in ArcheAge Unchained, to which this is something Gamigo has marketed heavily against.
    Having alt accounts is not fun for the majority of players that do it. Alt accounts lead to more grinding and management just to keep up with hardcore players.

So in all, this change is not Fun, good for health, or good for the community.

So why is this happening?
    Either:
    1. Gamigo does not realize that this change is directly pay to win
    2. Gamigo is aware and wants 40$ extra from its playerbase.

If Gamigo is making a move for money i'll be the first to say, there is a better way.

Ways to make money off of ArcheAge Unchained that won't Compromise the game:
    1. Add a cosmetic pack that contains 5 fairly popular costumes. Price this at 40$.
    2. Increase the amount of the game, but restrict allowed accounts to 1 per person. Many people have stated that they would gladly pay 60$ if money is the driving cause of this poor decision.
    3. Gamigo was told by XL Games to allow this, or in words of CM IArches: This account limitation is based upon the current account restrictions in place in Korea. Here is the issue: Korea is pay to win. Korea does not have a version in which it is changing the subscription model. To take rules from Korea is to introduce p2w and ruin everything that Gamigo has worked towards. Gamigo needs to be different from other regions.

Many players would love to see this game succeed in a new way. If you are reading this and are involved at Gamigo, please pass this towards someone who can influence this decision before many players give up on Gamigo and ArcheAge.
    --------
    Zin
    Not matching Paden's Gameplay since launch
    --------

While i do approve your msg, i think its a bit naive for anyone to get caught up in promises or quotes, especially from a company that is basically Trion 2.0. One only need take a look at their history to understand exactly what we are getting. If you or anyone believes that we will not have a P2W, or at very least a pay for convenience version in Unchained, you're sadly mistaken.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast