+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reverse engineering the 3 account rule.

Reverse engineering the 3 account rule.

What is the difference between my 3 little brothers and my 3 little brothers on another IP? TLDR One gets you banned the other is ok.

Lets suppose I have 3 accounts. A random person on the internet also has 3 accounts and he decides to give me all his resources periodically(land, gold, processed goods).
    -They don't ban us. Why is there a 3 account rule? Obviously you can have more than 3 accounts with vpns.
    -He behaves like my alt so we both get banned. Because from their perspective I have 6 accounts.

Lets suppose they go for case 2. That indicates they can make the difference between an alt and a real player. That is false. They stated in the livestream that they can't make the difference between alt and a real player (little brother). So that means they will go with route 1.

It seems like the actual rule is you are allowed to have 3 accounts per IP not per player. So why is there even a rule? It is Altage with extra steps.

Quote Originally Posted by rewtew View Post
    What is the difference between my 2 little brothers and my 2 little brothers on another IP?

Lets suppose I have 3 accounts. A random person on the internet also has 3 accounts and he decides to give me all his resources periodically(land, gold, processed goods).
    -They don't ban us. Why is there a 3 account rule? Obviously you can have more than 3 accounts with vpns.
    -He behaves like my alt so we both get banned. Because from their perspective I have 6 accounts.

Lets suppose they go for case 2. That indicates they can make the difference between an alt and a real player. That is false. They stated in the livestream that they can't make the difference between alt and a real player (little brother). So that means they will go with route 1.

It seems like the actual rule is you are allowed to have 3 accounts per IP not per player. So why is there even a rule? It is Altage with extra steps.
    ^ true
    but will depend what verifications hackshield do.

insta bypass HS with another internet connection
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

over time I played a lot of MMORPGs,premium ones and indies but no game stopped me playing as I want, Archeage stops me, lets me use only 3 accounts, not even let me log in with all 3 at once, this it is communism, and yet all the world is crying, unbelievably!

Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    over time I played a lot of MMORPGs,premium ones and indies but no game stopped me playing as I want, Archeage stops me, lets me use only 3 accounts, not even let me log in with all 3 at once, this it is communism, and yet all the world is crying, unbelievably!
    you can loool,
    #choice 1 - share your phone internet and another pc with wireless connection (all laptops)
    #choice 2 - VPN/VM (if its not detected with hackshield)
    #choice 3 - 3 dedicated internet lines + 3 pc's

Easy

i still wanna know how how there gunna get round the whole euro issue, aka dynamic ip allocation. over here are ip's aren't fixed there allocated each time a modem connects to the isp, this means anytime i want to change ip i just need to walk up to my modem and turn it off and on again. honestly i could do this 20 times and get 20 different ip's. also my isp is BT we have public wifi enabled on are modem by default (every BT customer dose) on top of that i have a whole home wifi set up with signal repeaters set up in every room. as such pretty much anyone in within my area can connect to my wifi (honestly it stretch's like 6 streets in any direction the signals that strong. begs the question hows hack shield going to respond when someone else try's to play archeage through my connection. i could turn the public network off but if i do that i lose access to the BT public wifi myself (which is part of my package and am paying for). mind all of its kind of moot given that allong with my modem Bt also gave me a 4g mobile modem and a contract phone ALL with unlimited data so i could in theory run 9 accounts and there aint much there going to be able to do about it. also if i realy wanna get creative i can power up my vpn which has unlimited connections and a dedication residential ip as part of its package (i could have more ip's i think 5 is the max). and this is all with stuff i all ready own or am paying for all ready. finally for tho's that are saying that hack shield can detect other archeage clients running that would work unless you sandbox each client. if there isolated and unable to interact hack shield ain't going to detect diddly squat lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by caffienatedidiot View Post
    if there isolated and unable to interact hack shield ain't going to detect diddly squat lmao.
    that depends how you do it and what hackshield is calling for
    lets say you use vmware they have special drivers that hackshield can call for and if detected = ban/disconnect
    But tbh we all know they aint doing squat about it.
    Any connection that you have that gives you a different IP its untraceble unless you are doing obvious to everyone like not using mail/ah to trade between accounts and there are more creative ways to do so.
    You can test it right away and pre order 3 accounts from each IP using different payment method obviously

Neither will get you banned. You don't think this rule will actually be enforced, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by caffienatedidiot View Post
    i still wanna know how how there gunna get round the whole euro issue, aka dynamic ip allocation. over here are ip's aren't fixed there allocated each time a modem connects to the isp...
    The same system is used for residential IPs in the USA. It is possible to obtain static IPs, but generally you pay extra for that. I'm sure Gamigo is well aware of this. And I don't think I ever heard them say anything about restriction by IP, either. That's all interpretation by players, many of whom don't understand how IPs work.

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    The same system is used for residential IPs in the USA. It is possible to obtain static IPs, but generally you pay extra for that. I'm sure Gamigo is well aware of this. And I don't think I ever heard them say anything about restriction by IP, either. That's all interpretation by players, many of whom don't understand how IPs work.
    that is true however if you watched the stream last friday krohlan kinda was leading us to believe its 3 accounts per household=IP

Quote Originally Posted by Azkore View Post
    that is true however if you watched the stream last friday krohlan kinda was leading us to believe its 3 accounts per household=IP
    I did watch it, twice. And my takeaway from that was that either Khrolan is fuzzy on the details himself, or he knows how the system will work and they've decided not to disclose any hints of that, so as not to give people clues on how to bypass it.

But relying solely on IP isn't going to work well, and I'm sure Gamigo knows this. There are plenty of situations in which large numbers of people share an IP; for example, prewired apartment buildings, dorms, and public wi-fi. So they have to be doing something more than just looking at IPs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast