+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Legacy AA is getting lifetime patron pass for $25 as well ?

Legacy AA is getting lifetime patron pass for $25 as well ?

It doesn't take a mathematical wizard to realise that playing AAU will be significantly cheaper
    than playing AA (existing).

WHAT IS GAMIGO GOING TO DO TO RELIEVE THE FINANCIAL BURDEN ON LEGACY PLAYERS ?

Can the legacy players get a lifetime patron pass for $25 too?
    Are the legacy players going to move to a new server (through server evolution), that will
    provide a cheaper model of gameplay.

Is a horrible choice for someone who has played every day for 3, 4, even 5 years.
    Start fresh and quit all your time/money invested, or pay $$$ forever.
    Plenty of people faced with that kind of ultimatum, would choose to simply quit the game.

From the Q&A - legacy was described as free to play.
    If legacy is billed as the "free to play" option over AAU as "buy to play", then what does
    that mean ?
    Free APEX ?

legacy archeage isn't going to change at least not currently, some people aren't leaving because of all the progress they've made, being 10k+ gear score and having a crap tonne of land among other reasons.
    Akmit West
    Jasperaus
    <Fallen Darkness>

Quote Originally Posted by Jasperaus View Post
    legacy archeage isn't going to change at least not currently, some people aren't leaving because of all the progress they've made, being 10k+ gear score and having a crap tonne of land among other reasons.
    I am all of the above, 15k gs & much land but I'm not quitting after committing my cash & rl time to this game since the very start of beta! I just feel we are being treated like second class citizens now that our publishers & XL Games have a new baby and are lavishing all their attention, perks & time on! Never mind we still have a mountain of issues & bugs which have been in the game since the beginning and have still not been addressed!

Quote Originally Posted by Azia View Post
    I just feel we are being treated like second class citizens now that our publishers & XL Games have a new baby and are lavishing all their attention, perks & time on!
    That's exactly how we all feel, and it doesn't seem to get better..

nui servers down

So I feel bad for legacy veterans they are getting left behind. But:

The question here is why would they do something else about legacy servers? Archeage is not a game where u can start few years later and catch up and do content with other players. You can't! There is nothing to do as a new player or even returning one after few years on a legacy server. There is no way for you to get even close to interact with other players. Mostly because game mechanics always offer you much less progress if every veteran has multiple characters with multiple Famed proficiencies. No one can compete with them on market, at least not for a noticable profit in order to get you close to fit with the veterans at any point.

Second big reason is veteran community doesn't even bother with low gear score players. The progression content you need to do - either dungeons or quests are long gone on legacy servers. No one plays them anymore. You cant get dream ring quest, you cant do serpentis, you cant do Dahuta dungeon, you cant even do Mistsong more than once a day if you are lucky to meet a group that will hopefully feel sorry for your 5k gs and take you with them. Most people just kick you out of any content except CR/GR/Hiram dailies.
    Also you need to pay ridicilous amounts of gold for a new player to even obtain a piece of land. 5-10 thousands of gold for a crappy farmhouse. Good luck collecting that gold when you don't have proficiencies leveled up, when the only thing that makes you gold on the market is high-end game materials that you can never collect at the rate veterans can do.

SO summarizing all of this... Legacy servers are only bound to reduce in population until some point. There is no way you can increase population on legacy servers, due to the game and the community is not welcome for new and returning players.

And getting all these fact under consideration, why would they keep caring about legacy servers.. When the only way to keep the game alive is release something like Unchained?

Legacy is doomed because Trion's greed & bad management. When trion bankrupt they should have closed the servers for good and the new publisher (Gamigo) launch AA the way is suposed to exists, imho. I also think a sub model will fit better (more money to the company keep stable servers free from bots, and the gameplay that checking for demos and winning the spot you like is very satisfying and that will be very rare on AAU, unless we have trash servers and bad management again, that way everyone will quit and demos everywhere lol ( I really hope thats not the case and AAU thrive )

Quote Originally Posted by BobsynS View Post
    So I feel bad for legacy veterans they are getting left behind. But:

The question here is why would they do something else about legacy servers? Archeage is not a game where u can start few years later and catch up and do content with other players. You can't! There is nothing to do as a new player or even returning one after few years on a legacy server. There is no way for you to get even close to interact with other players. Mostly because game mechanics always offer you much less progress if every veteran has multiple characters with multiple Famed proficiencies. No one can compete with them on market, at least not for a noticable profit in order to get you close to fit with the veterans at any point.

Second big reason is veteran community doesn't even bother with low gear score players. The progression content you need to do - either dungeons or quests are long gone on legacy servers. No one plays them anymore. You cant get dream ring quest, you cant do serpentis, you cant do Dahuta dungeon, you cant even do Mistsong more than once a day if you are lucky to meet a group that will hopefully feel sorry for your 5k gs and take you with them. Most people just kick you out of any content except CR/GR/Hiram dailies.
    Also you need to pay ridicilous amounts of gold for a new player to even obtain a piece of land. 5-10 thousands of gold for a crappy farmhouse. Good luck collecting that gold when you don't have proficiencies leveled up, when the only thing that makes you gold on the market is high-end game materials that you can never collect at the rate veterans can do.

SO summarizing all of this... Legacy servers are only bound to reduce in population until some point. There is no way you can increase population on legacy servers, due to the game and the community is not welcome for new and returning players.

And getting all these fact under consideration, why would they keep caring about legacy servers.. When the only way to keep the game alive is release something like Unchained?

Disagree with everything you said here.

Hiram gear means players have 8-10k gear score within 4-6 weeks, it is so fast to gear up now.

The idea that you can only do the game content on a fresh start server is completely wrong, all of the new players get to do all of their quests and the legacy players help them to do so.

Legacy servers population is directly related to the marketing of the game, more advertisements about AA more new players, no "buzz" about the game no new players. The fact that the publisher rarely (almost never) promotes or advertises AA is the reason for the declining population. I have seen population increase on legacy when there is marketing and some "buzz" about AA, but otherwise it slowly declines as people get bored and find other things to do.

You basically say that legacy should be thrown away and fresh start is always the answer, this kind of attitude explains why every fresh start server is empty after 2 months, and has to be merged into the legacy servers. The idea that this game can only be played as a "fresh start", and after 2 months is completely unplayable because someone else managed to get an Erenor weapon before me, and that is "so unfair" is kind of childish and crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by firefly View Post
    Legacy is doomed because Trion's greed & bad management. When trion bankrupt they should have closed the servers for good and the new publisher (Gamigo) launch AA the way is suposed to exists, imho. I also think a sub model will fit better (more money to the company keep stable servers free from bots, and the gameplay that checking for demos and winning the spot you like is very satisfying and that will be very rare on AAU, unless we have trash servers and bad management again, that way everyone will quit and demos everywhere lol ( I really hope thats not the case and AAU thrive )
    I think AAU is spectacularly bad timing. If they had release AAU at the same time as they release the new hiram gear, then EVERYONE would have migrated to the new game. The fact that everyone has just finished re-gearing for Hiram, and that we had to wait for every zone to be created and added to the game (the hiram implementation happened over a year), means we really don't want to do it all over again on a new server. The only incentive to move and start fresh is that it would be financially cheaper to do so.

The idea that legacy players should pay more for the game than the new players, I think is wrong.
    Both AA and AAU should have the same overall cost.
    If AAU is $25 plus $10 a season for two years, then = $100.
    Means that two years of patron on AA = $100.

Gamigo need to reduce the cost of all the cash subscriptions , credits , and apex by about 50% to make the monetisation equal for both AA and AAU.

If it is gamigo's plan to squeeze the legacy players out of the game by charging them double money to play, then I will certainly be leaving for ever.
    I will not start fresh on AAU.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast