+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unchained: Redirecting the Alt Discussion to the KR Labor Stack System

[Updated] Unchained: KR Labor Stack System

Update: Based on the latest information, I no longer believe we really want the KR system. Please check out this video from ZZavage on this subject: https://youtu.be/8yl__Lodkak

TLDR: The KR labor system is not much better, and the ArchePass system for Unchained could easily reward actively played accounts as well.

----

Hey guys,

A lot of people are concerned about alts and P2W, myself included. I want this version of ArcheAge to be fun, fair, and good.

But there might be a solution around the corner, and we should be talking about it more. I'm speaking of the Korean "Labor stack system".

The fine details are hard to find (feel free to enlighten me), but in general, for actively playing the game the system gives you a non-tradable "buff" item that can be applied several times to create a stack to increase the Labor regen rate on that account/character.

Supposedly then, with enough stacks, you gain a labor regen rate that surpasses the regen rate of several accounts without this stack bonus.

Theoretically, such a system has the potential to greatly diminish or even negate the impact of alts.

Here is a chart from the KR version:

I've also posted a Reddit thread about this to help spark this discussion and bring it to the attention of Gamigo, so that hopefully they can include this to the Unchained version, before launching it.

Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/co...r_labor_stack/

Lets push this discussion forward so that we can get the best version of ArcheAge possible next month!

In Korea :

You can earn up to 10,000 with a workforce filler for a day. Hover over the labor force to see the cumulative charge.
    When using bundled labor fillers , the higher the cumulative charge, the lower the filling efficiency. Charging efficiency is marked Good, Normal, or Bad, depending on the degree and applies to all characters in your account.
    Cumulative charges apply to all characters in your account, and are reset at midnight each day.
    The minimum charge does not decrease below 500 when using the bundled labor filler .

You see there the benefit / handicap system of using labor pots.

It counts how often you use a labor pot in a time period...

If you consume only one in this time period you will have the amount the pot give
    but if you use more then one, each pot will have less labor you get.

So now you can calaculate how many pots you can consume one day to reach 10k labor ^^
    Kurita

Member of the "White Knight Foundation" :-)
    EU - Haranya / KR - Haranya / RU - Haranya :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurita View Post
    You see there the benefit / handicap system of using labor pots.

It counts how often you use a labor pot in a time period...

If you consume only one in this time period you will have the amount the pot give
    but if you use more then one, each pot will have less labor you get.
    This doesn't seem to be the same system according to a bunch of folks on Discord.

Supposedly this system is unrelated to potions - but like I said, info is hard to find.

I would trust what Kurita says. I've never known him to be mistaken and he does play on the Korean servers.

edit because i looked up .. sorry
    Kurita

Member of the "White Knight Foundation" :-)
    EU - Haranya / KR - Haranya / RU - Haranya :-)

This system is what we really need on Unchained.

Update: Based on the latest information, I no longer believe we really want the KR system. Please check out this video from ZZavage on this subject: https://youtu.be/8yl__Lodkak

TLDR: The KR labor system is not much better, and the ArchePass system for Unchained could easily reward actively played accounts as well.

+ Reply to Thread