View Poll Results: Which fishing system do you want?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • The old fishing system

17 80.95%
  • The new fishing system

4 19.05%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Make Fishing Great Again - Poll

Hybrid View

Make Fishing Great Again - Poll

A lot of discussion on the community discord (and unofficial ones). Figured if we want anything changed we need to show it through official means.

In a nutshell, the current fishing system doesn't really promote fishing, and hence reduces a lot of open world sea content (just like the new trade system). Instead of being timer based, it is based on the number of fish (which is very low in relative terms). This doesn't seem like it would be a difficult fix, they could even just increase the total number of fish to be similar to how it was before.

What is the new fishing system i dont think i have experienced it can someone explain it
    Back in Ollo
    Name: Prohunter
    1st guild- Shadow Legion
    2nd guild- From The Ashes

On Kyrios
    Name: Skytez
    1st guild- Gank Bus
    2nd guild- Peacekeepers (and current)

I didn't really glean much from your explanation, sorry! How is bait created now? I think it was on the horizon of being changed in 2015 which meant buying bait was now only available via daily quest grinds
    Choops - Dahuta EU (Now retired)

more fish per pond and less fishing spots
    i can agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by Azkore View Post
    more fish per pond and less fishing spots
    i can agree with this
    Sorry are you saying there used to be less spots with more fish and you want a return to this? Or are you saying the change was less fishing spots, more fish

Quote Originally Posted by Choops View Post
    Sorry are you saying there used to be less spots with more fish and you want a return to this? Or are you saying the change was less fishing spots, more fish
    my english aint top of the line sorry, morey fish and less fishing spots is what i wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Azkore View Post
    my english aint top of the line sorry, morey fish and less fishing spots is what i wanted
    Please don't apologies! Your english is much better than my version of whatever your native language is I just wasn't sure which post you were responding to

I don't think they need the old system back because fishing generates pure gold without eating up resources which causes pure inflation.

A simple fix would just have more fishing spots and have them able to spawn as small/medium/large and make the small about the amount of fish as the current ones (3 boats worth) and the the medium about twice that and then large about twice medium (so this would be about 12 boats worth).

This would make the fix super simple to implement and also support larger groups for fishing runs.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxus View Post
    Instead of being timer based, it is based on the number of fish (which is very low in relative terms).
    Are you sure it's now ONLY based on the number of fish? It's still also on a timer, correct?
    I think the current system is okayish, although I probably would prefer to have bigger fishing raids. These were really fun.
    But the general labor per gold ratio should be upped a bit, as the time commitment and risk is so high.

Fishing should remain a valid form of gold creation. Most players have fond memories of fishing and it creates dynamic social content (pvp, alliances).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast