+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: AAU: Leveling and gearing up

  1. #1

    AAU: Leveling and gearing up

    Hi! Returning player here, been messing around on the ol' p2w servers for a few weeks since AAU was announced. I wanted to post a little guide for what seems to be the best path forward in AAU for gearing up and being competitive against the most hardcore players. Feel free to add to this or correct me if there are certain aspects that are better than what I mention.

    Leveling up
    Around level five you will obtain quest gear that as you level you will be able to progress into what is now T1 hiram. This is done through infusions and scrolls that are used only on quest gear. Infusions from auroria do not work on quest gear, and quest gear infusions do not work on T1+ hiram gear. You should use your infusions immediately to make questing as easy and as fast as possible. It is a good idea to know what spec you want to play at 55 before you even begin so you know what gear type and stats you want.

    As you quest and kill mobs, crates and coinpurses will drop that are specific to that level. Coinpurses drop a small amount of silver, and crates will drop certain consumables and other reagents. I would only recommend opening coinpurses, specifically low level coinpurses, if you are in a pinch for gold and do not have any better activity to spend labor on.

    Crates drop xp potions that will make leveling significantly faster. These xp potions are only applicable for the levels listed on the item. (I know these exist for levels 50-55, haven't seen them for lower levels but im assuming they exist).

    Gilda Farming
    Gilda is used for farm, house, thatched, and ship designs. With land planned to unlock on the Saturday after release, that gives players roughly 5 days to acquire the gilda they need for their desired designs.

    A common design that many players will want is the Thatched Farmhouse Design. This costs 300 gilda.

    As you level you will gain ~80 gilda from your main storyline quests. You will gain another 50 gilda from achievements that you will finish naturally as you progress, or achievements that do not take a lot of effort to complete.

    Daily contracts, along with gold and labor, can provide around 8 gilda a day depending on what contracts you have.

    Blue salt dailies in your factions major city can get you another 5 gilda/day.

    Community center kill quests acquired from each PvP zone, costing 1g each, will net you a total of another 25 gilda/day if you complete each one.

    With these sources you can obtain around 38 gilda a day. There are other ways such as world bosses and other small quests, but these are the easiest most guaranteed ones to do.

    Storyline: 80 gilda
    Achievements: 50 gilda
    Sub Total: 130 gilda

    Daily quests: 38 gilda
    Days until land: 5
    Sub Total: 190 Gilda

    Total: 320 Gilda

    This makes acquiring the Thatched Farmhouse Design by the set land unlock a tight squeeze requiring daily grinding. (Gilda from questing may be slightly higher or lower than what I list depending on 6.0 changes and how good my memory is from when I last leveled.)

    Gearing For End Game
    The final topic I want to discuss is what the gearing up process will be like in 6.0 and how I best think people should go about it.

    When you are 50-55 and have awakened your gear and weapons to T1 Hiram, it's time to start farming honor, gold, and infusions to begin climbing in gear score ranks.

    If you want to be competitive I would recommend putting all infusions acquired into your Hiram weapons first. I would only suggest putting infusions into your gear when your weapons are crystalized or you are being gated by the scrolls needed to awaken to the next tier. Players will be hard-pressed for honor from leveling their cloaks, neck, and trying to decide which gems to put where. Gear does not scale well against weapons in this game, so a high level weapon will ensure you are able to shut down other players in PvP.

    If you are being gated by scrolls or honor from a crystalized weapon, you need to have a good strategy for which pieces of armor you want to infuse first. Chest/legs/feet are solid choices because these are the pieces that you will put Resilience/toughness into to stop you from getting one shot by the hordes of nodachi bros that will be haunting AAU. As these reach higher tiers they will unlock more gem slots, more gem slots = more defensive stats. Focusing on these pieces first is much more beneficial to your gear score than putting +3.5 melee attack on your flute, or 1% crit rate on a helmet.

    Another strategy for gearing up is going to come from Ayanad crafted gear, but not through crafting. Blue salt bonds can be used in your home factions major city to purchase heroic ayanad armor/weapons between the times of 2PM-8PM Eastern. Pieces range anywhere from the lowest at 140 to the highest at 200 I believe.

    You can acquire 8-9 blue salt bonds from the dailies provided at random community centers in each zone of your home continent. The quests do not take any time at all as long as you have the materials required ready. Each quest will ask you for 20-100 of a certain material. This will be very expensive in the beginning of the game. These can sometimes ask for 100 lumber at a time and it might not be feasible until a few weeks in when you have some land to grow on.

    It is also important to note that if you pick up a blue salt bond quest from a community center, you do not have to finish it that day. If you come back the next day and it is a different quest (randomly assigned) asking for a different material, you can pick up another quest from the same center and now have two quests for that zone. This means that even if you do not have the materials at that time, you should still pick up the quest and try to complete it as soon as you can without breaking your bank.

    These blue salt bonds can also be used to craft labor intensive packs that require 1 bond and materials that consume 3 onyx and a small amount of flowers/crops.

    You can also use blue salt bonds to turn in for honor at a quest in your heros hall.

    However, I think by far the first month meta in AAU will be the people that have 3 accounts. 8-9 bonds/day means 240-270 bonds a month. With 3 accounts this means players will be able to achieve 3/7 crafted ayanad in only one months time. Again, resources will be expensive for these quests but anyone that is crafty with illegal farms, having gilda ready for a thatched farmhouse to grow resources, and is consistent with their dailies will have the largest gear advantage.

    I hope this little guide helps some people out. I am hopeful for AAU, but it will be so much better if everyone is able to share information with each other so casual players have a chance to finally stay on a level playing field with the hardcore players for longer than the first few days of launch.

    Please comment if you have better methods of leveling/gearing or if any of my numbers are inaccurate.

  2. #2
    Do you know if the new questline that reward gear give you two 1-hander weapons that you can take to T1 Hiram? Ill be playing Swiftblade, just worried i'd have to craft an off or main hand.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by Milling View Post
    Hi! Returning player here, been messing around on the ol' p2w servers for a few weeks since AAU was announced. I wanted to post a little guide for what seems to be the best path forward in AAU for gearing up and being competitive against the most hardcore players. Feel free to add to this or correct me if there are certain aspects that are better than what I mention.

    Leveling up
    Around level five you will obtain quest gear that as you level you will be able to progress into what is now T1 hiram. This is done through infusions and scrolls that are used only on quest gear. Infusions from auroria do not work on quest gear, and quest gear infusions do not work on T1+ hiram gear. You should use your infusions immediately to make questing as easy and as fast as possible. It is a good idea to know what spec you want to play at 55 before you even begin so you know what gear type and stats you want.

    As you quest and kill mobs, crates and coinpurses will drop that are specific to that level. Coinpurses drop a small amount of silver, and crates will drop certain consumables and other reagents. I would only recommend opening coinpurses, specifically low level coinpurses, if you are in a pinch for gold and do not have any better activity to spend labor on.

    Crates drop xp potions that will make leveling significantly faster. These xp potions are only applicable for the levels listed on the item. (I know these exist for levels 50-55, haven't seen them for lower levels but im assuming they exist).

    Gilda Farming
    Gilda is used for farm, house, thatched, and ship designs. With land planned to unlock on the Saturday after release, that gives players roughly 5 days to acquire the gilda they need for their desired designs.

    A common design that many players will want is the Thatched Farmhouse Design. This costs 300 gilda.

    As you level you will gain ~80 gilda from your main storyline quests. You will gain another 50 gilda from achievements that you will finish naturally as you progress, or achievements that do not take a lot of effort to complete.

    Daily contracts, along with gold and labor, can provide around 8 gilda a day depending on what contracts you have.

    Blue salt dailies in your factions major city can get you another 5 gilda/day.

    Community center kill quests acquired from each PvP zone, costing 1g each, will net you a total of another 25 gilda/day if you complete each one.

    With these sources you can obtain around 38 gilda a day. There are other ways such as world bosses and other small quests, but these are the easiest most guaranteed ones to do.

    Storyline: 80 gilda
    Achievements: 50 gilda
    Sub Total: 130 gilda

    Daily quests: 38 gilda
    Days until land: 5
    Sub Total: 190 Gilda

    Total: 320 Gilda

    This makes acquiring the Thatched Farmhouse Design by the set land unlock a tight squeeze requiring daily grinding. (Gilda from questing may be slightly higher or lower than what I list depending on 6.0 changes and how good my memory is from when I last leveled.)

    Gearing For End Game
    The final topic I want to discuss is what the gearing up process will be like in 6.0 and how I best think people should go about it.

    When you are 50-55 and have awakened your gear and weapons to T1 Hiram, it's time to start farming honor, gold, and infusions to begin climbing in gear score ranks.

    If you want to be competitive I would recommend putting all infusions acquired into your Hiram weapons first. I would only suggest putting infusions into your gear when your weapons are crystalized or you are being gated by the scrolls needed to awaken to the next tier. Players will be hard-pressed for honor from leveling their cloaks, neck, and trying to decide which gems to put where. Gear does not scale well against weapons in this game, so a high level weapon will ensure you are able to shut down other players in PvP.

    If you are being gated by scrolls or honor from a crystalized weapon, you need to have a good strategy for which pieces of armor you want to infuse first. Chest/legs/feet are solid choices because these are the pieces that you will put Resilience/toughness into to stop you from getting one shot by the hordes of nodachi bros that will be haunting AAU. As these reach higher tiers they will unlock more gem slots, more gem slots = more defensive stats. Focusing on these pieces first is much more beneficial to your gear score than putting +3.5 melee attack on your flute, or 1% crit rate on a helmet.

    Another strategy for gearing up is going to come from Ayanad crafted gear, but not through crafting. Blue salt bonds can be used in your home factions major city to purchase heroic ayanad armor/weapons between the times of 2PM-8PM Eastern. Pieces range anywhere from the lowest at 140 to the highest at 200 I believe.

    You can acquire 8-9 blue salt bonds from the dailies provided at random community centers in each zone of your home continent. The quests do not take any time at all as long as you have the materials required ready. Each quest will ask you for 20-100 of a certain material. This will be very expensive in the beginning of the game. These can sometimes ask for 100 lumber at a time and it might not be feasible until a few weeks in when you have some land to grow on.

    It is also important to note that if you pick up a blue salt bond quest from a community center, you do not have to finish it that day. If you come back the next day and it is a different quest (randomly assigned) asking for a different material, you can pick up another quest from the same center and now have two quests for that zone. This means that even if you do not have the materials at that time, you should still pick up the quest and try to complete it as soon as you can without breaking your bank.

    These blue salt bonds can also be used to craft labor intensive packs that require 1 bond and materials that consume 3 onyx and a small amount of flowers/crops.

    You can also use blue salt bonds to turn in for honor at a quest in your heros hall.

    However, I think by far the first month meta in AAU will be the people that have 3 accounts. 8-9 bonds/day means 240-270 bonds a month. With 3 accounts this means players will be able to achieve 3/7 crafted ayanad in only one months time. Again, resources will be expensive for these quests but anyone that is crafty with illegal farms, having gilda ready for a thatched farmhouse to grow resources, and is consistent with their dailies will have the largest gear advantage.

    I hope this little guide helps some people out. I am hopeful for AAU, but it will be so much better if everyone is able to share information with each other so casual players have a chance to finally stay on a level playing field with the hardcore players for longer than the first few days of launch.

    Please comment if you have better methods of leveling/gearing or if any of my numbers are inaccurate.

    Question - what blue salt dailies in the main city are you talking about?

    How exactly is the Hero board going to be active with no Heros at the start?

    I have been trying out a couple different races for over a week. I have been through a number of community centers. None of them offered any of the community center quests. Isn't the ownership of a Completed house the pre-requisite for unlocking the community center quests?


  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    145
    Is this still possible with there only being 4 days before landgrab instead of 5 now that we are delayed?

  5. #5
    Senior Member xDrac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Dahuta EU
    Posts
    1,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonneh View Post
    Do you know if the new questline that reward gear give you two 1-hander weapons that you can take to T1 Hiram? Ill be playing Swiftblade, just worried i'd have to craft an off or main hand.
    You'll get supplied with both 1h weapons from the quest.
    [ Dahuta EU | Xdrac | <Navarchy> ]
    [ xdrac.com ]

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    318
    With the math the op used, now that we have 4 days till land grab instead of 5, you wont be able to get a thatched design before the land rush. you will have to place your 16x16 and 8x8 in a way to hold up enough room for a 24x24 (or check less than ideal land locations like karkasse)
    Shatter
    Tyrenos
    Fanatic

  7. #7
    Senior Member tinukeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,802
    Quote Originally Posted by anitabeer View Post
    Question - what blue salt dailies in the main city are you talking about?
    There are 5 possible B.S. quests in each main city (plus a duplicate quest giver in Cinder/Yny). (for west, in Marianople, the givers are behind the Mirage portal over by the old Regrade Smith building)

    They involve raising the starting zone mounts and a couple of other 'gopher' quests. (for west it's collecting things in Dewstone and running around Lilyut). One of the quests usually requires spending processed mats.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by SixFigures View Post
    With the math the op used, now that we have 4 days till land grab instead of 5, you wont be able to get a thatched design before the land rush. you will have to place your 16x16 and 8x8 in a way to hold up enough room for a 24x24 (or check less than ideal land locations like karkasse)
    still think his math was off. Can't do the community center quests so early, so that drops 125 gilda off his projections. Gonna check for sure when PTS is available.

    EDIT: just took my level 55, non-patron to check community center. Used to own homes, but no longer. No community center quests available that give gilda. Only board gives blue salt bond quest. Ya gotta have a house built to be a member of the community. Which won't happen until after land is un-locked. So those gildas can not be gained until after land is available.

    EDIT again: just went around to a few more centers. You Can get the 'kill x critters' quest, once you get Blue Salt qualification at level 30. But those hunting quests give only 1 gilda per quest. Still not enuff for the 300 gilda farmhouse.

  9. #9
    Senior Member tinukeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,802
    I wouldn't bother grinding for the 24 plan anyway.
    Just grind to buy as many 16 plans as you can and then use those to creatively block out land with extra spacing.
    Upgrade them to 24 later, at your leisure.

    2014 called, it wants its land rush back!

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by tinukeda View Post
    I wouldn't bother grinding for the 24 plan anyway.
    Just grind to buy as many 16 plans as you can and then use those to creatively block out land with extra spacing.
    Upgrade them to 24 later, at your leisure.

    2014 called, it wants its land rush back!
    We don't know if cottage blueprints will be 100 gilda in Unchained. You can only have two unbuilt properties at a time. And there will be no way to buy tax certs out the cash shop or craft them beforehand to fund throwing down a bunch of 16x16s even if you could build them as you placed.

    There have been many roadblocks added since 2014.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts