+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: the real reason people quit is not being addressed with unchained

the real reason people quit is not being addressed with unchained

The reason I quite AA and why most of my friends quit was not the pay-to-play issue...

We quit because 1) we got frustrated with being continuously 'ganked' by our own faction everywhere we went. This situation was made worse by the boring 2) farmville simulator and pack grind that was needed just to raise the money which was then just thrown away on the 3) RNG gear upgrade system. Nothing like spending tons of time to grow the stuff to make the packs and then move the packs long distances only to have some jerk kill you and take the packs. Even when I could get the money pulled together, it was even more disheartening to lose it in the gear upgrade RNG slot machine.

This system is why people bailed on the the game.

Are these problems addressed in unchained? If so, we'll be back.

Aside from RNG (which we all agree is bad, but typical for KR MMORPG's) your other two reasons are why the majority play Archeage in the first place. AA is a sand-box game with theme-park elements which gives a sense of freedom not found in most games these days.

This game is not for the faint of heart; every day care-bear who wishes to explore every avenue free of pvp. There however a LOT of other games that cater to that play-style. Enjoy!

RNG is way less now because of synthesis system

1 and 2 are actually things that kind of set AA apart from a lot of Western WoW style MMOs. These were the draw of AA. Iím not one to purple up and will happily hunt those that do but I doubt any significant number of people quit for this reason unless they were in really weak guilds. The farming is a major selling point of AA, if people quit over it they didnít research properly and the game just ainít for them.

As for the RNG yeah itís a big turnoff for lots of people but this has actually been addressed.

RNG is eliminated int he new gearing system.
    Getting killed by your own faction is going to be lower because of the Hero system and crime rates are 10x higher than at launch.
    You dont need to make or run packs to make tons of money in this game.

You seem mis informed about the current and future state of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Souleater View Post
    The reason I quite AA and why most of my friends quit was not the pay-to-play issue...

We quit because 1) we got frustrated with being continuously 'ganked' by our own faction everywhere we went. This situation was made worse by the boring 2) farmville simulator and pack grind that was needed just to raise the money which was then just thrown away on the 3) RNG gear upgrade system. Nothing like spending tons of time to grow the stuff to make the packs and then move the packs long distances only to have some jerk kill you and take the packs. Even when I could get the money pulled together, it was even more disheartening to lose it in the gear upgrade RNG slot machine.

It seems Sandbox MMO is not suited to your taste

Wow. Must have been a long time ago.

First off, I gotta admit, I find your position a tad annoying. Back when you played, you could have guaranteed successful traderuns EVERY trip, IF you just stayed in the Safe zones. You have to take responsibility for your actions. You took the risk to try and make more gold by leaving the safe zones. You KNEW what Could happen. Don't complain when it actually does happen.

You obviously have not heard about Hiram. I am on your side when it comes to the crafted gear. The whole "spend tons of gold and MAYBE you might get an upgrade... Oh, you lose... Item destroyed.... start over... but thanks for wasting all your gold". You never have to Craft gear again. You farm Hiram pieces and you synthesize them, basically upgrading them. Does it cost gold? Yes. Does it take time? Yes. But more importantly, if you keep at it, you Will see your gear improve. And as a bonus, you can actually change the benefits the gear gives, and thus tailor your gear to your character build.

As for the tradepacks, if you are looking for gold, you don't ever need to leave Safe Zones anymore. You CAN'T get gold by taking packs over seas. Depending on the pack, you can get other stuff, but No gold, so there is no incentive for people who are trying to build up gold to leave the safe zones.

Use this Motto - If you don't like being ganked and your packs stolen, Don't leave the safe zones

Purpling IS an aspect that does exist in this game. Generally their are ways that it can be avoided, IF you simply play things safe. But do not... I repeat... DO NOT whine when you do something risky and it comes back to bite you. You know the risks. You won't find much sympathy.

In Unchained - Yes, the game has changed... A LOT .... since you played.

Starting out with - It's Not Free to play.

Most of the things you mentioned either got fixed a while ago with the introduction of hiram and synthesized gear or are things you can avoid by being careful.

1) Ok... Just because your reason and the reason of your friends quiting was because you couldn't handle pvp... that does not mean its the reason most people quit..

Fact: AA is a PVP game at its core with pve elements hence why Dungeons were always mediocre and classes, the world, and dailies were built around pvp. Everyone understood this.. even you... and yet you still complained and ♥♥♥♥♥ed about it. thats' not the games problem thats YOUR.. problem.

2) Professions: This is a issue that has been improved over time and if you followed the KR updates you would know even now XL is making improvements to the professions. The core reasons Archeage went through a Profession and gold grind extention was becuase Trion wanted to Push P2W hard and in order to really push p2w they had to make the gold grind really really bad to encourage people to p2w. Yes it was bad idea and Trion paid for it With most of them getting fired and the company going under and getting aquired by Gamigo for its assets.

its obvious no one wants P2W Gamigo knows this and so does XL which is why the recent changes have been made what they are. As of right now the gear grind is significantly less then it used to be and it will only improve with time.

3) "Gear RNG Slot Machine" was fixed years ago.. its not even a problem anymore if your going to bring up old problems that got fixed might as well bring up the APEX Dupe... Bots... People crying about Archeum ext... this point is just complaining for the sake of complaining because you dont have a better point.

with AAU the games in a much better place then it was in years.. and the CORE reason most people quit and its the reason alot of people are moving over to AAU from retail or returning to the game is the fact that p2w is being removed from the game entirely. Im honnestly sick and tired of all the damn doom and gloom people trying to undermine AAU or trying to create problems that dont actually exist..
    If you want to be pessimistic do it somewhere else... I enjoy AA and the only reason i stoped playing it was the same reason most others did.. and that was Pay to Win and now that AA is coming back without p2w me and alot of the people i played with are hyped and coming back. I want this to succeed because i like the game. Hell.. ive always felt that AA was the best game on the MMO market that was just poorly managed by Trion and XL to the point that the game was ruined. a non P2w AA was always my idea of a perfect MMO.

Archeage has:

1 of the most fluid and responsive Combat systems i've seen (most Modern MMO's have very clunky or simple systems that don't look good)

Great enviorment for pvp (ship pvp, GvG,RvR,1v1 arena,3v3 arena, Free for all, Hell they even put in a Battleground with 6.0)

Dungeon Content (dungeons can still use some work because it was obvious dungeons were a after thought in regards to Archeage when it first came out but they have since improved dungeons alot and you can even get a endgame viable set from the highest dungeon)

Open world pve content that includes gear thats viable at endgame and ways to make money solo by grinding mobs (grinding of mobs has been a staple for old school mmo's for many years it hearkens back to the days of Muds and single player RPGs where you would would progress through a world where every enemey had a chance to drop something and sometimes you had random world drops with a really low drop rate that would drop off random enemies and when you got it.. it was the best feeling in the world. That has since been removed from RPG's and MMO's overall because peoples attention span as well as greed has pushed developers away from more creative games and more tword stream lined cookie cutter titles.

Archeage still has that element as well as many other elements of oldschool MMO's and thats something alot of people like

Housing/Farming: I understand not everyones a pvper and at its core AA was marketed as a sandbox mmo so i cant help but point out how fleshed out the PVE farming/housing content is the time investment and reward you get from owning property and growing your property or the profit you can make from trade packs/selling mats & crops or using your materials to craft is so much that it was even 1 of the main sources of income for most people... However i have to bring up trade packs in this because it has the most complaints across the board.

Trade packs were designed to be high cost high reward. thats why it gave alot of gold because you were ALWAYS at risk of getting ganked for your pack and losing your profits. they have since made trade packs super carebear friendly by putting turn in points in safezones and making 80% of trade routes 100% safe especially with the safezone boat that literally ferry's you to the spot. However if you feel the boats too slow or you want to take a short cut through a pvp zone to the most profitable trade pack turn in zone.. dont complain about getting ganked you got greedy and lost your pack. its your own fault. Trade packs were never meant to be more profitable then every other profession Trade packs were supposed to be 1 of the most risky ways to make gold next to fishing thats why their base payout was better because of the risk. Larceny for example made less per labor but was supposed to be consistent and close to the values of trade packs because larceny was the profession of gathering craft supplies and selling them on the AH for crafters to buy but over the years Trion has butchered this Profession many many times over and its no longer what it was meant to be.. all its crafting mats have no value what so ever because of changes and its only value is in gold purses which has since been seperated from the drops themself. XL needs to rebalance all the money making professions again to bring them back to the way they were in the early days of Archeage before P2w destroyed them.

Great Character customization: customization could be a bit better (better hair textures,some body sliders & more face customization options)

A great Class system with more then 100 class combinations ( this concept is hard to balance but if they can find some way to make all 100+ combinations viable even if some are a bit stronger then others aslong as they are close enough to be able to compete with core combinations.)

Naval pvp and ocean based content in general (would be nice to see more open world ocean content to encourage more ocean based gameplay) Would be interesting to see

i would post more but then id be typing a book so ill stop here..

thats what AA has i also included a few notes where those elements can be improved

Finding ways to earn money was one of the best things in this game. You need to think of different ways to maximize your s/l. All was cool until you realized you can have 20 alts and daily quest exist and that you need to do the same thing 20 times per day in order to progress. But now. NOW IS DIFFERENT. With AAU you only need to do that boring stuff only 6 times. MAKE ARCHEAGE GREAT AGAIN.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast