Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [COMPLETED] PTS Maintenance - September 20, 2019

Please freeze the taxes!!!! I stay prepaid as much as I can, but I was travelling for work, and only had a couple weeks prepaid.

I kind of understand why you can't give us a little notice about a prolonged downtime, even though it would be nice so we can pick up decor/items we love and stash them and prepay taxes. I will be so sad to lose all the event decor and sleep labor items. My fountains, and the sleep decor and the adorable fishbowls and the list goes on and on lol

If I lose all that I may just give up... lost so much in this game to mergers and unexpected down times. So please, for me and everyone else who has so much to lose, freeze the taxes. =-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarindvia View Post
    Please freeze the taxes!!!! I stay prepaid as much as I can, but I was travelling for work, and only had a couple weeks prepaid.

I kind of understand why you can't give us a little notice about a prolonged downtime, even though it would be nice so we can pick up decor/items we love and stash them and prepay taxes. I will be so sad to lose all the event decor and sleep labor items. My fountains, and the sleep decor and the adorable fishbowls and the list goes on and on lol

If I lose all that I may just give up... lost so much in this game to mergers and unexpected down times. So please, for me and everyone else who has so much to lose, freeze the taxes. =-)
    I understand where you're coming from in a sense, but this is a TEST server. People shouldn't be playing on this server like it's an official server. They need to wipe the server more often and reset it for each patch. Luckily they will be doing this for the Unchained servers.

----

BigDataDude, if you happen to stumble across this post. Some suggested stuff:

Fluffy Hiram (Probably repeatable with the infusions that would be needed)
    - All the Awaken scrolls
    - All starting sets of Hiram gear.
    - Lots of every grade of infusion.

Diligence Testing
    - It would be great to be able to test the Diligence shop fully on Unchained. This would mean we would need tokens.

Marketplace
    - The marketplace hasn't worked in awhile. Credits show zero.

I would be more than happy to provide item names/id's and stuff if that would make life easier and help speed up the process for testing Hiram. Just PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by xCROv View Post
    I understand where you're coming from in a sense, but this is a TEST server. People shouldn't be playing on this server like it's an official server. They need to wipe the server more often and reset it for each patch. Luckily they will be doing this for the Unchained servers.

----

BigDataDude, if you happen to stumble across this post. Some suggested stuff:

Fluffy Hiram (Probably repeatable with the infusions that would be needed)
    - All the Awaken scrolls
    - All starting sets of Hiram gear.
    - Lots of every grade of infusion.

Diligence Testing
    - It would be great to be able to test the Diligence shop fully on Unchained. This would mean we would need tokens.

Marketplace
    - The marketplace hasn't worked in awhile. Credits show zero.

I would be more than happy to provide item names/id's and stuff if that would make life easier and help speed up the process for testing Hiram. Just PM me.
    Why shouldn't people play on this server like it is an official? The people who live on that server are the ones that make mats available for testers when they come over. Is a tester going to make rainbow polish? Not a chance. Is a tester going to do the work necessary to get thunderstruck trees to craft something? Not a chance. Mine archeum ore? Nope. All of those things that testers need that aren't provided by Fluffy have to come from somewhere. Testers certainly aren't going to do the work necessary to produce the mats themselves. That is where the PTS residents come in.

The people that live on that server collect a significant amount of mats in between releases. They farm pearls to make potions. They farm drills to get archeum. They plant all the mats that are necessary to make the potions that people need for whatever thing they are trying to put together. PTS life may not be a concept that most can understand, those that live there serve a valuable purpose.

PTS residents are basically unrecognized and unpaid employees of the game. The only real compensation these people receive for their efforts to help the testing community is a quiet server to play on -- often alone. If you start wiping the servers, where are the mats going to come from that testers need? It would be an unwise thing.

I bolded that one section because I think people need to pay attention to that and recognize it.

phoenixx here i dont think there was any mention of PTS not being available or wiped splodge.

yes please no library gear erenor and hiram is enough

Quote Originally Posted by wileycat View Post
    phoenixx here i dont think there was any mention of PTS not being available or wiped splodge.
    "Here are the dates for the Free2Play version of ArcheAge:
    October 1 – 13: General access for "Shadows Revealed" on PTS F2P"

So what happens after the 13th? That is why I ask.

Cool

itts free to play after live goes on

Quote Originally Posted by Franciscothefab View Post
    Why shouldn't people play on this server like it is an official? The people who live on that server are the ones that make mats available for testers when they come over. Is a tester going to make rainbow polish? Not a chance. Is a tester going to do the work necessary to get thunderstruck trees to craft something? Not a chance. Mine archeum ore? Nope. All of those things that testers need that aren't provided by Fluffy have to come from somewhere. Testers certainly aren't going to do the work necessary to produce the mats themselves. That is where the PTS residents come in.

The people that live on that server collect a significant amount of mats in between releases. They farm pearls to make potions. They farm drills to get archeum. They plant all the mats that are necessary to make the potions that people need for whatever thing they are trying to put together. PTS life may not be a concept that most can understand, those that live there serve a valuable purpose.

PTS residents are basically unrecognized and unpaid employees of the game. The only real compensation these people receive for their efforts to help the testing community is a quiet server to play on -- often alone. If you start wiping the servers, where are the mats going to come from that testers need? It would be an unwise thing.

I bolded that one section because I think people need to pay attention to that and recognize it.
    They just need to make everything accessible via fluffy (fluffy will get reworked). And quite honestly things we needed for new big updates always were provided by new fluffy commands.

Quote Originally Posted by Franciscothefab View Post

"Residents" of the Public TEST servers shouldn't be a thing. They are test servers for a reason. Your whole footing goes away if Fluffy is properly managed or a system was in place to allow people to actually test things. Sure PTS is fun and it's easy, but it's not where players should be actually playing the game. The point in the servers is to test new content and then report back on those issues, not be a place for people to go when the main servers are to hard for them. That being said, I still stand behind that the servers should be wiped monthly to prevent this issue and then we dont get posts about making sure tax time is extended so you don't lose your 25 houses that have been put down.

Honestly, what do you care of someone decides to be a resident of PTS? It is a different way of living and playing. Some people just prefer it over the crap that goes on in retail. PTS isn't about who has the biggest credit card. PTS is a place for people who like to work for things and don't mind the quiet. It isn't for everyone. If this isn't for you, play on live. If PTS gets wiped then I am out for good. There is nothing of value on live. PTS is the only reason I have a patron account and when PTS goes then so does my patron status. I am certain there are many others who will do the same.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast