+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Infamy

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SiFu View Post
    Now if the west player REALLY wants, they CAN get land on the east and stash the pack and QUICKLY log into a east alt JUST to turn in those packs. Since you can't stash any packs anymore or you lose profit. So in turn you have a 1% risk and a 99% reward... NOW PLEASE tell me how this ONE purple kill(ONE LARGE BLOOD STAIN) is FIFTY infamy points? PLEASE tell me why.... If this is how the game is going to go, then why not just take out the purpling system??
    Devils advocate here, so the person that either spent gold or time making the pack, shouldn't have any recourse unless you kill a few people? or them repeatedly?

    Its a risk, like you said.
    Kurim of Euphoria

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverlye View Post
    Devils advocate here, so the person that either spent gold or time making the pack, shouldn't have any recourse unless you kill a few people? or them repeatedly?

    Its a risk, like you said.
    K. Tell me what are the risk of making a pack?? What risk is there? NO ONE is going to purple up on someone to get instant wanted and go spend 45 mins in prison for 8 packs... NOONE will. Like honestly how many people purple on the live servers right now for packs? Like 0.1%? Where is the risk in bring packs from Hasla to Ynystere?? Please tell me. You're risk is a 1% chance a red will be there? Mind as well take purpling out of the game at that point.
    (East)♥♥♥yuimasian/Amasian-(West)Sugarhoneyicedtea

    (East)Primeval/DarkRunner-(West)Healer/Argent

    Ex-East Robin Hood on Nazer

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SiFu View Post
    K. Tell me what are the risk of making a pack?? What risk is there?
    For legacy servers, sure, I doubt almost anyone is going to purple for that. ...the new server for AAU? hah just the cost of making the pack is going to be a somewhat major investment for a while.

    If we look at it from the stance of growing, or hell buying the mats to make a pack, losing it is arguably more annoying than being wanted and some jail time.

    But thats one side, if there was alternate ways to remove the wanted de-buff that might be better.
    Kurim of Euphoria

  4. #14
    Senior Member N3kko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    357
    Honestly rly?

    If this is about packs go kill the other faction you get no crime points for that, hell in some cases you get rewarded for it.

    The idea behind the crime point system is that you are doing something illegal, much like in RL and throughout history killing someone was nearly never oh well he has to do it 4 more times then we hunt him down.

    You want to kill your own faction deal with the consequences, the game isnt trying to stop you from killing but trying to stop the faction infighting that oh so many times leads to the fall of said faction and no fun for either side in the end.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,255
    I've always liked the idea of scaling the crime points you receive inversely proportional the the crisis level of the zone and have war zones not leave crime stains at all. That way anywhere that has good world bosses can be contested properly, the mainland bosses for shadow invasions it would depend on the crisis level and you can push those anytime you like to war with a group of people in a few minutes. Areas that are PVP enabled but don't cycle could be either no crime or a very reduced rate based on the controlling faction (like in castle zones, for instance) or even have it able to be set by the controlling faction on a sliding scale.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,938
    While I would prefer 10 CP per kill, it still won't change my playstyle. It just means more time will be spent in jail tabbed out watching Netflix.

    The ability to purple is one of the most appealing aspects of AA and lends itself to the overall excitement of playing.
    Altimar
    Master Paladin, Noob Doomlord, Tanky af Templar, lolSkullknight
    "There are no casuals in this house." -Morsakin

  7. #17
    Senior Member Luniliel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    885
    I love those people that think this is a good system.. but can heavily backfire them :

    -Someone harpoons your merchant out of the bay leaving you defensless, and keeps doing it preventing you to give your pack in... You can't purple because if you kill this guy, you'll be wanted and if he harpoons you again out of the safe zone... well you could pretty well go to jail if you risk it... you can"t defend your own "goods" against griefers

    -You're killing delphinad ships with your guild.. some random people from your factions follow you and just watch you kill it.. then just go in to take a pack.
    You kill him and you're wanted. how is that fair ?

    -you're being ganked by 2 people, you were travelling with a pack..You get killed but the one that didn't kill you (so that is not wanted) take the pack.. it's still 1v2 but now you have to purple to get your pack back and killing the guy with the pack will not put him in jail but apply the wanted buff to you if reported... In the end you'll lose your pack and go to jail or you'll end up with 100infamy point if you manage to kill both of them (since they had no reason to purple first). how is that fair ?

    -some people block roads with their carts in conflict zone.. well either you wait for a red to show up (which could be long) or you kill the griefer and his cart for 100infamy.

    And i could go on and on for hours with this.

    Basicly a restrictive PK system will end up benefiting griefers.
    You guys always complain about people trolling you/blocking you/ harassing you. The PK system was a good system to actually stand for yourself and kill thoses that disrupt your game...
    But now i guess i could troll the ♥♥♥♥ out of someone until he purples and then i can enjoy watching him go to jail.

    You're only looking at the good side of it , making the guy that PK you wanted.. but you never think about how people can use this against you. People are creative especially on NA/EU where griefing other players is a sport.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Luniliel View Post
    I love those people that think this is a good system.. but can heavily backfire them :

    -Someone harpoons your merchant out of the bay leaving you defensless, and keeps doing it preventing you to give your pack in... You can't purple because if you kill this guy, you'll be wanted and if he harpoons you again out of the safe zone... well you could pretty well go to jail if you risk it... you can"t defend your own "goods" against griefers

    -You're killing delphinad ships with your guild.. some random people from your factions follow you and just watch you kill it.. then just go in to take a pack.
    You kill him and you're wanted. how is that fair ?

    -you're being ganked by 2 people, you were travelling with a pack..You get killed but the one that didn't kill you (so that is not wanted) take the pack.. it's still 1v2 but now you have to purple to get your pack back and killing the guy with the pack will not put him in jail but apply the wanted buff to you if reported... In the end you'll lose your pack and go to jail or you'll end up with 100infamy point if you manage to kill both of them (since they had no reason to purple first). how is that fair ?

    -some people block roads with their carts in conflict zone.. well either you wait for a red to show up (which could be long) or you kill the griefer and his cart for 100infamy.

    And i could go on and on for hours with this.

    Basicly a restrictive PK system will end up benefiting griefers.
    You guys always complain about people trolling you/blocking you/ harassing you. The PK system was a good system to actually stand for yourself and kill thoses that disrupt your game...
    But now i guess i could troll the ♥♥♥♥ out of someone until he purples and then i can enjoy watching him go to jail.

    You're only looking at the good side of it , making the guy that PK you wanted.. but you never think about how people can use this against you. People are creative especially on NA/EU where griefing other players is a sport.
    The jury is should give you innocent verdict if you PK someone for the reasons mentioned above.

    I guess to prevent abuse it would be better if there is some delay between the crime and the wanted status, so they cannot insta send you to jail and then proceed to snatch your packs while the jury decides your innocence.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Luniliel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaapjeblaat View Post
    The jury is should give you innocent verdict if you PK someone for the reasons mentioned above.

    I guess to prevent abuse it would be better if there is some delay between the crime and the wanted status, so they cannot insta send you to jail and then proceed to snatch your packs while the jury decides your innocence.
    You've really lost your mind if you think players are judging fair people on trial. First, there couldn't not be proved that you killed someone for a special reason (except if you try to defend yourself on trial which is most of the time useless).
    Most of people in trial just find it funny to send people in jail, hell even innocenting known PK player just for the lolz and salt in chat. Have you ever played this game ?

    People in this game are griefers by excellence, if you think that removing a tool to get rid of it yourself is a good thing, you're delusional and you'll be the first to complain about the griefs i've described before.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SiFu View Post
    snip.
    What risk? There are safe trade routes that pay more gold, and ocean runs are largely only delivered from two crowns, and theres a safe trade ship preventing ganks....sooo.....

    Ocean pvp atm over silly little packs is largely non existent on live. You see like...2 people wasting their time on a radar doing it. For the amount of time you spend....WAITING for a person to actually come out into the ocean unprotected....plus time you spend in jail..... you coulda just did a buncha safe runs or run your own packs instead of wasting 3 to 5 hours looking at a blank screen and run dailies or something progressive.
    Most of the people on legacy that waste time on packs are incredibly weak from just simply....not doing anything all game...tac on the fact that you don't need ocean runs to progress your gear anymore and if you do need it for say...erenor or something....you're likely already mega geared in the first place or making money hand over fist to just buy mats off the AH and skip the runs.

    Its the same backwards logic to people who go pirate without any semblance of having their end game gear pretty much finished. You join pirate faction without the support of a large guild and just end up behind. CR and GR honor....behind. Daily reset raids....behind. Instanced red dragon halc and other methods of honor and fusion farm...behind. Gold income outside of purse farming or praying someone is making an ocean run....BEHIND!
    Meanwhile everybody on the mainland has passed you by 2 to 3k gs within a month or so. Risk vs reward doesn't apply to the person you purple on or grief....it applies to YOU...
    Truth:


    Trion and XL games hates everything I say because its the truth and stings like fire.
    Exposing the weaknesses in your circuit would send most to react in a way to fix the chain.
    Instead we get to see an awkward teen afraid of its flaws hiding them under the rug.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts