+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Reduce crime points from killing players

Will someone address this at all? I mean... you're literally countering your own game mechanics. Why even allow people to PK if you're going to punish them so hard preventing them to use this feature?

97 minutes of Jail time per kill ? Thats an insane punishment, this needs changing before launch

1.5 hours in jail for just one kill does seem kinda ridiculous. Theres the activities for labor to reduce jail time system though, anyone try that? If you dont have to sit for 90 minutes but can just work yourself out of there it could be intended.

edit: ah it was already tried it seems. 500 labor for 60 minutes apparently. Seems a bit steep if you ask me to pay 750 labor for 1 kill.
    Would depend on the juries ofcourse, if they inno everyone whos not just purpling to steal packs there would not be a problem.

Even from a non-PK/purple player base this can cause some problems. Main concerns are relating to bots, trolls, and grievers. With a lower penalty, players can flag and deal with the aforementioned people by engaging in flagged pvp to get them to stop or at the very least continue to enjoy an aspect of the game. If the penalty is at is, then players will have to really think if they want to spend 1.5+ hours in jail, deal with the trolls, or just simply logoff and come back later hoping the bullies are gone.

This to me directly impacts the amount of time players will be willing to stay in-game - which should be one of the top success metrics for the game. And if someone is forced to log out repeatedly, the likelihood of them leaving the game is very high, and leaving a much higher ration of trolls to regular players.
    I really hope Gamigo doesn't take a backseat to this, and actively look at the data and recommendations to tune this system correctly Based On Western Playing Styles - Eastern players typically aren't as trollish, which is why this isn't a huge deal on the asian servers, but audience needs to be considered - the main reason why Unchained is created.

I support the incentive of balancing this upcoming system.

Jail is pretty nice .. you can chat with guild , play football , talk to other Murderer . If Jailtime feels to miuch , just dont make illegal farms or kill ppl than

Is this really bad for the game or really bad for trolls? There are plenty of reds to kill. You shouldn't hide behind your faction color because you don't have the guts or skills to take on an obvious enemy. Glad it is 100 crime points. This will weed out the bad players and trolls. Sorry guys but you will get no sympathy from me or many players in the game. Killing one of your own should be one of the highest crimes in the game. It is essentially treason.

Quote Originally Posted by Franciscothefab View Post
    Is this really bad for the game or really bad for trolls? There are plenty of reds to kill. You shouldn't hide behind your faction color because you don't have the guts or skills to take on an obvious enemy. Glad it is 100 crime points. This will weed out the bad players and trolls. Sorry guys but you will get no sympathy from me or many players in the game. Killing one of your own should be one of the highest crimes in the game. It is essentially treason.
    Obviously the players that will kill our own faction will be killing the reds as well. This new 1.5 hours jail time/ temp ban per kill is making us lose out on 50% of the pvp content in this open world pvp game. I keep hearing the word "trolls" being used to describe people who kill their own faction, we are just avid pvp players. Killing players randomly for no reason could be considered trolling or just guild politics but this new system complete destroys any hope of us pirating our own faction which means 50% of our income is gone.
    IDLE Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Ainumara View Post
    Jail is pretty nice .. you can chat with guild , play football , talk to other Murderer . If Jailtime feels to miuch , just dont make illegal farms or kill ppl than
    This post only mentions it in passing, but chat was also removed while you're in jail.

A solution might be to only punish players who gank low-level same-faction heavily. With the new alt policy in AAU there should not even be the reason of policing alts anymore. But I think there is a new patch in KR that addresses this already. Penalty got lowered there for same-level kills.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast