+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: That same old situation

That same old situation

It seems that Gamigo does not learn from the mistakes of his predecessor.
    They are delaying the dates as they approach, which speaks of lack of professionalism.
    On the other hand, they launch a PTS so that those who have acquired a founder package can try the server, but surprise! You have a queue of 3,000 players.
    You can explain to me how the hell you can launch a PTS with restricted access to those who bought the package and do not take into account that the server capacity is less than the number of packages sold.

PTS IS NOT FOR FUN/ENJOYMENT

It is strictly for testing and the first couple of days is testing server stress to emulate a launch scenario.

PTS in AA was always a thing to give people the chance to test out stuff. I don't expect the queues will get smaller over the next 2 weeks and many people will have not the chance to enter with this 5 to 10h queues. No way for working people to do so.

Yeah and this is the PTS - Just imagine Launch day when the real servers launch and stuffs for real and you have 2-3k people per ques getting futher and further behind.

I think that fairly accurately replicates the launch experience, so you are seeing what it's gonna be like.

PTS is for testing, not playing. The fact that it's being tested for 2 weeks should tell that this is NOT the same way Trion ♥♥♥♥ered things up in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr Poptart Cat View Post
    PTS IS NOT FOR FUN/ENJOYMENT

It is strictly for testing and the first couple of days is testing server stress to emulate a launch scenario.
    Nobody is talking about whether it is for entertainment or otherwise, it is simple, I pay in advance for the game, as an option they give the opportunity to test the server to those who bought the game, well, today I could not enter Test the server by the queue. If we start with a PTS, which really would not be PTS as such since its access is not public, I do not want to imagine what awaits us in the future.
    On the other hand you talk about stress test, when in reality for this type of test it is about agglomerating the largest number of players in the same place to see the stability of the server and to test the stability of the login it is not necessary to put a queue, since you already have a fairly approximate data of the people who will try to enter the server, since you have sold the accounts. In addition, I honestly do not believe that they are trying to do a stress test, they are having problems that they should not have for a project that they have been planning for months, which makes me think, that they run the test server with a capacity much lower than what it should be only taking into account the packs sold to date and did not prevent it.
    I may be wrong, but this shows how they don't have much idea of ​​what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrisea View Post
    Nobody is talking about whether it is for entertainment or otherwise, it is simple, I pay in advance for the game, as an option they give the opportunity to test the server to those who bought the game, well, today I could not enter Test the server by the queue. If we start with a PTS, which really would not be PTS as such since its access is not public, I do not want to imagine what awaits us in the future.
    On the other hand you talk about stress test, when in reality for this type of test it is about agglomerating the largest number of players in the same place to see the stability of the server and to test the stability of the login it is not necessary to put a queue, since you already have a fairly approximate data of the people who will try to enter the server, since you have sold the accounts. In addition, I honestly do not believe that they are trying to do a stress test, they are having problems that they should not have for a project that they have been planning for months, which makes me think, that they run the test server with a capacity much lower than what it should be only taking into account the packs sold to date and did not prevent it.
    I may be wrong, but this shows how they don't have much idea of ​​what they do.
    "I'll help you test"
    "no, I don't want to test *that*, it's not fun"

What level of situational awareness do you have to have to unironically state you want a smooth launch, but don't test the actual systems handling login, the ones that have had issues in the past, because they should have "A good idea" in the same sentence?

Are you a manager? You are definitely wrong, and you are the one who has demonstrated a fundamental lack of understanding about what is happening here. Which would be fine, until you spout the "If you knew what you were doing, you'd do what I think is the best way" nonsense.
    Escudo - Abolisher
    Oasis East Guild on Wynn

Why do people try to excuse the lack of ability or willingness to do things right?
    I have been a mmorpg player for more than 12 years and Archeage is the first one I see having so many failures in his administration. Counting the realese official that it was an epic disaster, from queue problems, to the disappearance of a couple of servers for 3 days and the first Fresh Start where the login problems were repeated, now I see that with another company the same thing continues.
    You can tell me that it is a test server to solve errors, but come on, it is a company that is dedicated to this, I should present a game in better conditions, not a day has passed and look at the error report. It is an expansion, they are not launching a game from 0.

When is Unchained supposed to go live?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast