+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Money exploit with archepass

Exclamation Money exploit with archepass

OK, so - breaking in in any game mechanics with new ideas is already bad, we all know that. So was the archepass. Thus, it was expected from the publisher side to think and test is out really well, because the high risk of collapsing with game default flow. And so, once again, nobody actually did that.

In short - we do have an extreme money exploit on live since launch via archepass - some people can have 17 world boss event daily, for 50g reward each. More info you can find here - https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/co...ss_quest_abuse

With easy math, people having 3 accounts (and I suppose organized veteran guilds do it for sure) can have 17 bosses * 50g * 3days * 3accounts * 2chars = 5k gold already. OK, sure, it is hard to utilize it to 5k, but 2-3k in 3 days is already disatereus.

Beside that, some archepass quests are super unbalanced - people do receive same amount of gold for killing mobs in low and high pvp lvl locations, as well as granted amount highly exceeds income from other in-game sources. But for time sake - this may be dealt later.

So, my questions are: when the exploit will be fixed and how the gold overflow will be removed from the game? I did quit archeage 4y ago due to waste amount of ignore bots that ruined economy, now am I going to quit because of stupid bugged quests that ruin economy?

-----

To moderators: Please do not remove this post, this exploit is already publicly known and published to magor socials around the web, this post won't increase exploiting anyhow.

*runds off to getted teh Archpasses*

Exploits in AA? Say it ain't so...

Well now we have a good test to discover whether the new owners can seriously manage the competitiveness of their complex new game.

Gamigo tease us, they laugh in our faces with the fixes they make (a stone to 1 credit)
    They only care to bill.
    Archeage is a game that is too complex for inexperienced and incompetent people like Gamigo, they should continue publishing games for tables and Internet Explorer.

Ok man, I'm all in with the pitch fork for this "exploit". But you are exaggerating by saying "people having 3 accounts (and I suppose organized veteran guilds do it for sure) can have 17 bosses * 50g * 3days * 3accounts * 2chars = 5k gold already". You MUST be level 55 to have the quest. Unless this guy is a robot that never sleeps that never gets queue that nevers logs out despite maintenance, it's quite impossible for a person to have 3 account level 55. Heck even 2 is impossible with these queues server crashing and maintenance.

That was on Archeage discord

Regarding High Quantities of Gold from ArchePass Missions

There is an issue currently with the high level missions from the ArchePass, specifically the missions to kill World Bosses in different regions. These missions, alongside the dungeon missions, provide a large gold reward and it has been identified that these missions can be completed repeatedly to earn higher than intended quantities of gold. We have been in discussion with XL regarding this issue, and the gold earned from ArchePass missions going forward will be reduced to a maximum of 10 gold per mission. This will be changed in an upcoming hotfix.

The repeated reset to get these missions is not intended and doing so is considered a violation of our Terms of Service, and will not be tolerated. Receiving these quests through standard gameplay is allowed, but repeatedly cycling quests to repeat these quests is not allowed. As with other actions that we consider exploits or abuse that is in violation of our Terms of Service, we will be taking a zero tolerance approach to this. Disregarding this warning, or attempting to transfer gains earned by these violations will not be tolerated.

"Those that have already abused this ArchePass Mission will be actioned upon as we work on implementing a fix. "

I hope "actioned upon" means simply removing excess money and not banning accounts. I can't speak to players doing 17 bosses a day because I'm not, but some of us are doing dungeons and getting credit for ArchePass missions because 1) we want to progress the ArchePass exp. bar faster (it helps when the first mission to kill 15 mobs in say Burnt Castle is immediately followed up with kill Prince Hieronimus less than 5 minutes later), and 2) it's more consistent than dealing with bugged quests like Liberate Marianople and losing one of a very limited number of skips to only get another bugged Liberate Marianople. Why would anyone waste their time on dealing with bugged missions when we already have a limited amount of time to play due to 1-2 hour queues?

So... I'd love for a community manager to tell us what we should do. Stop doing ArchePass missions?

+ Reply to Thread