+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wholesale honor points

wholesale honor points

I completely get that in an open-world pvp game, high lvl players are going to gank lowbies. It's annoying, but it's a fact of life. But why reward them with honor points for doing it? By high lvls getting honor for killing low lvls, are they not encouraged to stalk the lowers because that's more time-efficient than facing their own levels?

It does seem like players should only receive honor for killing players same level or higher than themselves..

It does seem like players should only receive honor for killing players same level or higher than themselves..
    It's ONLY during war time, so honestly it's to be expected. Because arena and other things don't grant honor anymore the only real way to get honor, which is needed to upgrade gear is to kill people in war zones. I don't like having to do it but I need to decrystalize my gear, bad.
    North America - Namia, Kraken, Vengeance, Denistrinous transplant to Jergant
    Nuia - Darkrunner, Ebonsong
    Land Horder, Trade Pack Runner, Open World PvPer and Master Crafter / Resource Manager
    Table of Syndicates

I'm the reason they needed to nerf the cash shop.

What if they fought someone comparable in level/gear and lost? That would be terrible for the e peen.

Don't forget the honor grind is real. If I see a red in a war zone I attack and look at levels later. Don't assume that they are only going after low levels. If you are in a war zone at war time you are a target. No apologies.
    Land Horder, Trade Pack Runner, Open World PvPer and Master Crafter / Resource Manager
    Table of Syndicates

Oh and if they are super low level they take reduced damage. I'd rather run into someone of my same level than a lowbie. I can usually kill the same level faster.
    Table of Syndicates

so honestly it's to be expected
    Exactly my point. Game mechanics promote it currently. And yea, in a war-zone I'm all for "shoot first, inspect level never". So I'm definitely not proposing a penalty for higher on lower violence, just not a reward. Was trying to get through my story quest in Hellswamp yesterday, and as soon as a war started, ascended reds started circling the respawn statue. A few times I died to a couple pairs of mid 30s reds, and that seemed like fair game, but the vast majority of my deaths were to Ascended who were clearly just there to farm lowbies for honor. I could have teleported out of the zone, but without progressing on my story quest, there was virtually nothing else I could do at my lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    What if they fought someone comparable in level/gear and lost? That would be terrible for the e peen.
    LOLOLOL makes even more sense now that i just saw this

seems like you are just a no-name, open world dumpster that complains about getting ganked as a lowbie

LMFAO why do i even waste my time l000000000000000l stay #small

Quote Originally Posted by Harambequisha View Post

seems like you are just a no-name, open world dumpster that complains about getting ganked as a lowbie

Hey, he is VERY good at Forum PvP just look at that, 2211 confirmed kills.
    Daemonic - The One, The Only. "Why So Salty" - Daemonic 2014-2015, "So long and Thanks, for all the Fish." - Daemonic 2014, "Pikes is just a wanabe Daemonic" - Odizzeous 2015, "The Cult of Shadows, are walking trashcans" - Kasevan 2014, "I'd prefer the trash can over the trash itself." - Palladin 2014, "Confirmed Scammer list: Gerey, Foxkiller, Oddizeous, All the lannisters, The entire <Cult of Shadows>" - DRHealgood 2014, "You are Irrelvant" - <Wicked> 2014-2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Harambequisha View Post

Jesus, I could crush the salt market with this ♥♥♥♥....

+ Reply to Thread