View Poll Results: Do you think the Boat in its current form is healthy for the game.

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 67.74%
  • No, it should be altered.

11 17.74%
  • No, it should be removed.

9 14.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A fix for the Safe Run boat.

i know exactly why he is complaing, because he cant beat the guys who are getting sunken ships , they are mostly high GS. So all what these Guys want is Low levels to beat. No, cargo will stay !

Quote Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
    Wait wait wait, is Mr clever with +120 IQ trying to change some game mechanism design here? that guy telling everyone stop crying and go finding another game if we dont agree with him?? That most of us are garbage players coz we have less time for playing??? Now he wants to change some part of AAU too, LOL

Lemme quote you in another thread you posted: *Stop trying to change the game. Play it the way it is designed or don’t play it, it’s really that simple.
    Actually my fix was a temporary one.

The current ability, to buy the Safe Ship passes is removed in KR, it will be removed in NA. It was put in place while Jake Song (The OG dev) was away, along with the jail changes ect. All that stuff has been reverted and altered, upon his return.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldar View Post
    I cannot see how your proposition OP, allow the players to make a decision... With what you have said, only the veterans and the no-lifers would dominate the open sea...
    Thats the entire point..... Risk = Reward The ocean and Ocean Packs Were meant to be a risk, they were made to be a PVP all the time, Hardcore gameplay aspect.

You guys cry about high GS ganking lowbies, what else are we supposed to do exactly? All the PVP in the game has been gutted.....

Enjoy your safe zone boat with no one else playing. People keep saying P2W killed Archeage, no it didnt, Carebearing the game killed Archeage. These changes killed Archeage, and will again.

I am over it, I a going back to WoW classic to PvP, instead of play farmville carebear simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphond View Post
    I think that the problem is nor the cargo , but the destruction of trading system ( wich was good ) in 4.5 if I remembrer.

Before you could give your pack to cinderstone or villanelle, and there wasn't any cargo there. For that reason, players did that because no-safe pack was more valuable than solis->two crown pack.

Put back the old trading system and you can go hunt trader again .
    Its a mixture of both, The boat shouldn't exist in its current form (and doesnt in KR) and the other trade outlets need to also make a return. Disabling the boat, without fixing the old trade outlets would prove for bad gameplay, so I should have mentioned that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spekulatius View Post
    i know exactly why he is complaing, because he cant beat the guys who are getting sunken ships , they are mostly high GS. So all what these Guys want is Low levels to beat. No, cargo will stay !
    LOL, Okay. Ya top 100 List Player btw......

That boat was never designed to be used how it is being used, Abused is a better word. The changes will come, Eventually.
    Daemonic - The One, The Only. "Why So Salty" - Daemonic 2014-2015, "So long and Thanks, for all the Fish." - Daemonic 2014, "Pikes is just a wanabe Daemonic" - Odizzeous 2015, "The Cult of Shadows, are walking trashcans" - Kasevan 2014, "I'd prefer the trash can over the trash itself." - Palladin 2014, "Confirmed Scammer list: Gerey, Foxkiller, Oddizeous, All the lannisters, The entire <Cult of Shadows>" - DRHealgood 2014, "You are Irrelvant" - <Wicked> 2014-2015.

None of the changes you mention happened in KR so stop deluding yourself into thinking they did...also the games an mmoRPG only morons like you cant grasp that that means theres more elements to the game than just pvp gankfests 24/7...honestly folks like you are why the game never became as big as it could have with legacy...you refuse to accept that nobody has the time to play something thats 24/7 pvp and nothing else of note...its boring and unimaginative so folks go find better games to play that offer the stuff aa does without the nonesense from folks like you.
    https://archeageroleplay.shivtr.com//
    Tahmoh (East).
    Faolain (west).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberlocc View Post
    LOL, Okay. Ya top 100 List Player btw......

That boat was never designed to be used how it is being used, Abused is a better word. The changes will come, Eventually.
    so what would happen if the safe trade ship will be removed? big naval action? I dont think so.

ThereŽll be just alot of clans around solis and 2c camping the entrance to kill players which play this game for crafting and rollplay not to be the best on any kind of list.
    Even that has nothing to do with open world piracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberlocc View Post
    You guys cry about high GS ganking lowbies, what else are we supposed to do exactly? All the PVP in the game has been gutted.....
    PVP each other? Or are you too scared you might lose?

Since we are on the topic of implementing ideas that cater only to personal interests and interests of a minority at the detriment of a potentially large portion of a gaming community... *How about have the 2C/Solis Merchant ship basically do such extreme collision damage that no one in their right mind would think about trying to use their ships to block and knock off other players without their ship being destroyed on impact.*

In my opinion, what I would like to see (in addition to more benches) is to be able to climb on the rigging, masts, and yards as you would the ladders. Doing so would mean less crowding on the ladders. It would also be a little entertaining to see everyone on the rigging and such as the ship is sailing in. Climbing high enough to avoid the sails of most ships might also encourage more people to risk traveling without captain's protection (though they would have to still worry about being knocked off from PVP) and it would also mean that they would be somewhat slower to depart from the ship as well, since they would have to either climb down the rigging or mast or jump.

*This is somewhat sarcastic. While it would be nice to not have to worry about being knocked off because you can't find a seat and are afraid of not being able to climb back on the ladder on time due to the crowd of people on the ladders, I also can see how it is part of a tradition in the game now. This would also unfairly deter people who just want to get close enough to get on the ship to PVP those without Captain's Protection. (I have seen times where people would sail alongside and then glide or hammer leap onto the ship to then search for people without protection.)

Quote Originally Posted by Noxie View Post
    Bringing this boat to life has just revived the economy. Coked adhd pvp-ers in onyx sales are not dominating now. Acquiring goods is to be available to everyone, not a small handful of PVP enthusiasts. I can see that you are trying to make this game some crazy pvp arena, against common sense and against most players.

This is the problem with PVP the people that love it, only love it, and everything else to them is blasphemy. I get it, I honestly do. However, you have to understand that there are at least as many if not more people who don't like it, and wish it was minimized. For XL it has always been about balance, and IMO they have leaned more towards too much than not enough PvP in almost all cases since the inception of the game. The main reason being for that is because creating PvP is an easy way to create content without creating content.

PvP has a place in the game, it drives people to work on gear and engage with systems they wouldn't normally engage with. It creates a real risk that AI can not. Due to this, while I have never been a big proponent of more of it, I understand it has its place.

On the other side of the coin, those who love PvP have to gain the same understanding for those who don't. You can't shoehorn PvP into systems in places so you can get your fix as there are a great many people who don't have the same love for it as you do.

If the PvP community can not come to the understanding that this game is meant to be played by everybody what is going to happen is what you already see happening, fewer and fewer people on the servers, eventual server merges and the end of the game. Due to the vocal minority of those types of players, I would say it is a big reason for ArcheAge's lack of commercial success.

When I opened this post I expected to see people saying the exact opposite of what Cyber was. IMO there should be an infallible way to transport these packs with 0 risks. People ramming the boat, should have their boats destroyed, people purpling should be instantly killed, and all attacks and skill usage (push/pull) should be met with instant death. A huge chunk of the crafting requires Onyx, new players need safe ways to do things to get it, the introduction of the Cargo ship was a necessary step to keep people playing that don't particularly like risk. Without it, the price of Onyx would go way up, thus requiring those who need it for what they enjoy doing to pay more it which would flood the market with safe resources, putting more in more money into the pockets of those who started early, exploited early or group together to cement their dominance.

The game much like the world needs fewer people holding all the power, it needs more balance, more people respecting the wishes of others. The game, just like life is for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aired View Post
    The game much like the world needs fewer people holding all the power, it needs more balance, more people respecting the wishes of others. The game, just like life is for everyone.
    I totally agree with this and everything else you wrote.

Personally, I think the boat should get deleted. People just want their safe gold. There is a sense community whenever people are helping each other run these packs that was lost as people don't do it anymore. I personally can't wait until the diamond shores cargo trader is up on my server as i feel that will add some of that risk-reward back
    Shatter
    Tyrenos
    Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by noxie View Post
    cyber ​​..don't push all aa and aau players to pvp, not everyone want pvp from this game and understand it finally.
    thank you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast