+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Either fishing boats speed needs nerfed or Merchant ship needs buffed - fight me!

Either fishing boats speed needs nerfed or Merchant ship needs buffed - fight me!

Just had a fishing boat catch me Merchant schooner going SW with absolute ease, how are you even expected to ever avoid a ship in this game?

It pretty much makes the merchant schooner a wasted slot, or need a gang of bum buddies just to get anything done with it.

And then your expected to split profits making all merchant schooner endevours way less profitable than basically anything else in the game.

Galleon ok sure fine, but fishing boats? nah man

Dunno why i make this thread cause we all know balance aint in XL's vocabulary but im just getting this out here anyway.

Merchant ship are slow ..... need raid to protect

when I see threads about a harpoon on a clipper being able to drag a fishing boat from safe water into PvP, I pretty much figure XL does not care about realistic mechanics.

Merchant ship faster in East-West and fishing boat faster in North-South when you know that they can t caught you

LoL I always did wonder why they had the fishing boats as wind-based ship.

Quote Originally Posted by lohingren View Post
    Just had a fishing boat catch me Merchant schooner going SW with absolute ease, how are you even expected to ever avoid a ship in this game?

It pretty much makes the merchant schooner a wasted slot, or need a gang of bum buddies just to get anything done with it.

And then your expected to split profits making all merchant schooner endevours way less profitable than basically anything else in the game.

Galleon ok sure fine, but fishing boats? nah man

Dunno why i make this thread cause we all know balance aint in XL's vocabulary but im just getting this out here anyway.
    Shoooot I have a leggy merch and ***NO ONE*** catches me unless I am legit stopped, OR if raid lead orders us to drive in a stupid way because bait. A galleon NS could, but that's like never actually happened.

You need to learn to sail appropriately to your ship. On legacy, my fishing boat had a max ship radar and mythic propellant, because it was my 'pirate' ship.
    Everybody loves a Skullknight party
    cuz a Skullknight party don't stop!

+ Reply to Thread