+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pirate quests removed?? No warning?

Hybrid View

Pirate quests removed?? No warning?

Hello, with the recent patches the quests to join and leave pirate were deleted. With the exile system it's impossible to leave pirate since it's the weakest faction and will stay the weakest for an indefinite amount of time even if 100s switched over.

Is this intended? Everyone that was pirate is now stuck pirate forever? I would like to return to my original faction.

On tinnerph, haranya is actually the weakest faction. With the pirates actually being the highest average gearscore on the server

Quote Originally Posted by SECRET View Post
    Hello, with the recent patches the quests to join and leave pirate were deleted. With the exile system it's impossible to leave pirate since it's the weakest faction and will stay the weakest for an indefinite amount of time even if 100s switched over.

Is this intended? Everyone that was pirate is now stuck pirate forever? I would like to return to my original faction.
    All I know is lot of people were being stupid with it. Going pirate was supposed to be a deliberate choice and hard to revert from. I mean it literally used to require you to earn a lot of infamy/crime points before you could convert. People complained and they simplified it to gold bars. But, as always, still lots of complaints and people just "trying it on" for comfort or temporary perks.

They'll be reworking it and adding quests again, but they are trying to figure out how to fix the populations.

Quote Originally Posted by Pockethealz View Post
    All I know is lot of people were being stupid with it. Going pirate was supposed to be a deliberate choice and hard to revert from. I mean it literally used to require you to earn a lot of infamy/crime points before you could convert. People complained and they simplified it to gold bars. But, as always, still lots of complaints and people just "trying it on" for comfort or temporary perks.

They'll be reworking it and adding quests again, but they are trying to figure out how to fix the populations.

Since when was it suppose to be 'hard to revert from'? It was always easy to go and leave pirates since 2014. The first system was easier. The system we had recently with 200 gold ingots (~800g+, you might consider this simplified but getting infamy was a lot easier) and then to leave required 12 dailies worth of quests to do, again, harder than it was to leave pirate in the past.

Pirate life comes with no perks besides an easy fish turn in and being able to get a swim speed title. It's entirely downsides. I understand if they want to make pirate more even with the other factions since they removed player nations, but pirates are still only allowed 1/4th the amount of people in Halcyona and can't claim castles, they also can't kill DGS, morpheus, or rangora. All things considered, the negatives far outweigh the pros.

I did my 12 days of dailies so I could leave then had the quest removed right before I could without any notice. "All I know is lot of people were being stupid with it" I don't appreciate silly assumptions. I followed my guild and over half of them ended up quitting the game, so I'm on a dead faction atm where I can't do any dailies and have absolutely no way of leaving.

Also, is this another assumption? "They'll be reworking it and adding quests again, but they are trying to figure out how to fix the populations."

All I'm looking for from this thread is an official response, I've seen nothing regarding quests removal and being added back on discord or on here.

Quote Originally Posted by SECRET View Post
    Since when was it suppose to be 'hard to revert from'? It was always easy to go and leave pirates since 2014.
    Depends where you read. For example, there's this quote:

Player Beware!!

Going Pirate is a huge commitment and is not for the uncertain!! Though it is possible to defect from the Pirate faction, doing so is a huge task in itself! It takes a little more than a month of playing every day. I would honestly suggest you just make a new character if you want to stop being a pirate.
    That came from https://amp.reddit.com/r/archeage/co...eing_a_pirate/

Also

The only way for a character to leave the Pirate Faction is by reducing their Infamy Points back down to zero. This can be accomplished by purchasing Draughts of Forgiveness, or by performing quests for the “Absolving Confessor” in Sanddeep or the “Wandering Confessor” in Rookborne Basin.
    Which is from http://orcz.com/ArcheAge:_Pirates#Le...Pirate_Faction

That said, others do talk about it being easier by loopholes such as going to court and being found innocent. Just not sure if that's accurate.

Depends where you read. For example, there's this quote:

That came from https://amp.reddit.com/r/archeage/co...eing_a_pirate/

Also

Which is from http://orcz.com/ArcheAge:_Pirates#Le...Pirate_Faction

That said, others do talk about it being easier by loopholes such as going to court and being found innocent. Just not sure if that's accurate.
    Could you please not comment if you have no hard idea what you are talking about?

For the longest time, the only way to go Pirate was to get 3000 Infamy (easy) and then either get innocent on Trial (a huge gamble, as if you were found guilty, you'd be sent to jail forever and a half and there was no way out like there is today) or get 30 Draughts of Forgiveness (expensive).

All in all: going pirate was easy but it *was* a huge commitment as you had to pay tons of honor to get out.

Second method was 200 gold ingots following a relatively easy quest (provided you had a clipper). 200 gold ingots depends massively on your server. On old servers? It's a breeze. On a fresh start? It's an important commitment when gold is really worth a lot.

Leaving was 12 doubloons. Easy but takes over a week of work. Or to log off for 7 days.

You also said:
    There is literally zero proof of the former. No one, in both XL or Gamigo, has said anything about re-adding quests. The Exile system is all there is to it right now and that is it.

It's a terrible system and it doesn't help fix population a single bit. Moreover, it locks Pirates permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by oyvey View Post

There is literally zero proof of the former. No one, in both XL or Gamigo, has said anything about re-adding quests. The Exile system is all there is to it right now and that is it.

It's a terrible system and it doesn't help fix population a single bit. Moreover, it locks Pirates permanently.
    You really might want to start reading patch notes and other info.

Requirements to exile
    *To ensure there is not a huge language barrier, players who wish to exile must have a minimum of 5000 proficiency of the target faction language
    *Players wishing to exile must have completed the main story quest "A secret in Sun's End"
    *Players wishing to leave must have 100 previous leadership and a minimum of 8000 gearscore
    *Faction heroes do not qualify to exile, as they must fulfil their duty to their faction
    *Players must be a part of the dominant faction and plan to move to a weaker faction
    *Players must not have an exile cooldown
    Why do you think it says you can only go to the weaker faction?

If you said it's because they are trying to balance the population, you are correct!

As to reworking it and adding quests, don't forget:

There are 6 NPCs in total who give the quests related to changing factions, one for each route
    Marianople - Healer (Playing Bard) - Nuia > Pirate
    Marianople - Berr - Nuia > Haranya
    Austera - Jjami - Haranya > Pirate
    Austera - Diguised Boram - Haranya > Nuia
    Growlgate Isle - Ryuchul - Pirate > Haranya
    Growlgate Isle - Joshua - Pirate > Nuia
    Omg! This means you CAN change from pirate to others. See pirates were only locked in prior to Exile being introduced, which was explained with
    Pirates are currently unable to leave their Pirate life and non pirates are unable to join the Pirate side. This is due to the upcoming Exile system.
    That was prior to last update, so pirates no longer locked in.

As to whole thing about going pirate, pay attention to phrasing. I said it wasn't SUPPOSED to be easy switching back and forth. This is why people talked about potato stealing, killing donkeys, and other things to try to make it easier/faster to get the infamy. Also like you said, to switch away from pirating people discovered you could be found innocent in court. With new changes, they fixed these loopholes. Though arguably made it a huge struggle now in trying to balance things out.

So yes, players are supposed to think twice about what factions they want to be part of. It's not SUPPOSED to be quick and easy to switch between factions.

Theres no NPC on growlgate to switch, pirates will never be the strong faction they will not be able to switch via exile, why are you arguing even? It has been easy since legacy they changed it without warning hate ♥♥♥♥♥ for pirates much?

You really might want to start reading patch notes and other info.

Why do you think it says you can only go to the weaker faction?

If you said it's because they are trying to balance the population, you are correct!

As to reworking it and adding quests, don't forget:

Omg! This means you CAN change from pirate to others. See pirates were only locked in prior to Exile being introduced, which was explained with

That was prior to last update, so pirates no longer locked in.

As to whole thing about going pirate, pay attention to phrasing. I said it wasn't SUPPOSED to be easy switching back and forth. This is why people talked about potato stealing, killing donkeys, and other things to try to make it easier/faster to get the infamy. Also like you said, to switch away from pirating people discovered you could be found innocent in court. With new changes, they fixed these loopholes. Though arguably made it a huge struggle now in trying to balance things out.

So yes, players are supposed to think twice about what factions they want to be part of. It's not SUPPOSED to be quick and easy to switch between factions.
    12 days of dailies isn't exactly quick to switch off.

And with the current system, they gave us no warning before implementing it that quests to join/leave would be removed. Pirates will stay the weakest faction for a long time so we aren't able to exile off for the foreseeable future. That means it's not 'hard or easy', it's simply impossible to leave pirate right now.

Regarding the quests being added back, Cosmo on the Discord just said they aren't being added back. So again, we have no way to leave. We're stuck forever, and you keep posting in here defending it for some reason.

Hello, I am playing on the NA server Runert. I am playing on Runert because my friends could not make a character on Tyrenos since it was locked. That was our first hurdle of playing together. Now since the pirate board questline has been removed HALF of my previous guild and friends are no longer eligible to become pirate even though they are 8k+ gs and have enough language proficiency. So now once again we cannot do many things together because of a decision made by XL and or Gamingo and not communicated to the community. Please figure out a way to allow me and my friends to once again play on the same faction.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast