+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Time is precious, grind time need to be reduced

Let do some math ok guys?
    Let assume this from a single account perspective, not multi accounts since not every soul gonna have multi accounts.
    A single account can have two character, each character have their separate progressions but shared labor and properties limit.

From labor perspective, each character can....
    • Do their own archpass, by averge calculation of one complete archpass per month, you can get average 4 labor charges per day
    • Mistsong Banquet - 1 labor per day
    • Halcy - 1 Labor per day

Now, this basically calculated to 12 labor charges per day per account.
    Then, for those who have played since launch, they would have more diligence coins to get more labor charges due to archpass booster, so they can use full 16 labor charges per day.
    Likewise, with two character also means you can sleep on each character, with your full set pajama, nice bed and maybe costume.

So for those who play since launch, they can get about 14103 labors per day!
    And for those who miss the booster and lack the costume, they can get about 12003 labors per day!

How you gonna spend 14k or 12k labors per day? How long it takes to spend 14k or 12k labors per day?

Spending labors. There are a lot of ways to spend labors but most of it are either tedious or time consuming.
    • If you craft, you gotta wait for that silly crafting bar flashing across your screen. Why can't AA learn from gw2? Can't they just speed up the crafting speed for subsequent crafting?
    • If you plant, it gonna be super tedious and boring doing all those clicking. I can't believe people can do that, maybe they doing it through macro, I don't know but I certainly cannot handle doing that. Oh and if you think those bundle seeding helps, lol. You know those have proficiency requirement right? So you gonna need to suffer clicking before you can even access them. The hell is that normal to any of you? Sure you might wanna argue dawnsdrop or whatever mats buy from tp. But hey, have it ever cross your mind that the mats exist because some people decided to go through all these boring progress? Maybe we should actually look at the boring progress instead of trying to live around it.
    • if you run trade pack, you gonna do several runs to finish all your labors. The long boring road trip, this isn't euro truck simulator. I mean, if I really want to do these boring road trip over and over again, why would I not play euro truck simulator instead?
    • If you fish, man, it is the same as trade run. You gonna do several rounds. God, I rather play OZ, have any of you and devs heard of OZ? That once super popular fishing game?
    • If you do sunken ship, well, you gotta pray to lady luck that you don't spend too much time finding the treasure.
    • If you do mining, well, great there is a mining house but a single account only gonna get two of them because the 3rd cost way too much. There is also mining from castle which is unfortunately, under the control of the nation's "leaders". Otherwise, you really need to hit that boring rock for hours.

Sure, daily is also a problem but it is something they already aware and working on it. The fact they change hiram to weekly means they are aware it is a problem and big complain. The thing is there are other problems they don't see it yet and need to be called out for.
    Also, look at this the other way, if you can reduce the time spent on spending labors, doesn't that mean you will have more time for dailies

Okay, lets make math in an easier way.

As a worker i spend around 9 to 10 hours for my job, and the road to go to it....et lt me 14 hours free...spending 7 hours.
    Imagine having a family, one wife, and...be cool, only one kid...spending 4 hours for them...(LOL) i left 3 hours for me!

Time to log...check if i can do whalesong/aegis because the most honor! Conflict 2...fook...going to form or find an hiram raid for upgrade gear...spending 1 hours to find, form raid and doing it...2 hours left!!!

Ok time to halcyona! First entrance failed because crash...10 minutes lost...okay going back got my halcyona! OMG AEGIS WAR TIME!!! Run man!! Run!!! 30 minutes spending because crimson rift juste after...15 minutes more...omg 1 H 15 minutes left!
    Trying to make one run for make golds, 15 minutes...only 350...need more for last gems...one more run...erf 45 minutes left...RED DRAGONS MISSED...fooooookkkk no time...ok fast run for daily mistsong...and...okay i have no time for play with my friends...

Just for say: mathematic prove nothing. you still stuck with daily...
    And hey just a question?

In Legacy i can buy labor pots with gold, change them in instant labor pots with quest...so they have NO LIMIT in labor consuming...when we are stuck at 10K recharge per day.
    With my main accounts i have already burned EVERY pots i had win before. And EVERYDAYS im out of labor.
    Upgrading stuff...Craft stuff (gems T3/stuff for going to erenor) everything for make money...i can burn 10K labor in less one hour very easy...
    I have 4 lands, easy to pay because you can buy tax certs, 15 minute trade run pay them.

BUT ALL MY TIMES GOING TO DAILY FOR UPGRADE STUFF, WIN HONOR, MAKE MONEY...
    Im not doing the game like i would like...playing with my friends, have fun and enjoying the game for the game...i need to make money or i get rekt by reds, halcyona is already a pain when 90% of the ennemies raid is at 13K GS and your raid stuck at 9K GS average.

The dominant faction is really dominating... if i dont maek more money then us...im dead on pvp and will be killed by everything till i havent a real stuff...so im stuck on dailies...money...dailies...money....dailies...mon ey....

Give me 1 halcyona per day, with x3 honor and all things we had.
    Give me weekly hiram quests.
    Give me unlimited labor so i can craft all that stuff i need.

So we can all go to erenor stuff and enjoy the game with the way we want...like a REAL SANDBOX!!!
    Because Archeage isnt anymore a sandbox, you cant play the game the way you want.

You want onyx for craft, only one way to ...2 when your faction have work for it...2 ONLY..

You want another stuff than hiram? okay but it will be worst, or you should P2W for have it fast, or 6 to 7 months for one part for normal players (Erenor pain craft farming daily and golds).

95% of the dungeons are useless...no fun to do them, people doing them sometimes for farm (solo) some craft stuff, sometimes for quests...but no more.

Why they dont upgrade serpentis and DAHUTA 10 instead making more dailies everydays? And give hiram upgrading stuff or scroll or anything we can USE? Mistsong was an hard dungeon, now, nobody's doing it because its USELESS...

Give us a MMORPG goal, PVP like this isnt enough, let us make the game fine...

Bah...i realize we will never see the change i dream.

[QUOTE=Gizmobrown;2783708]...
    In Legacy i can buy labor pots with gold, change them in instant labor pots with quest...so they have NO LIMIT in labor consuming.../QUOTE]

Just a correction about how labor works on legacy now. Labour pots and stipends are not sold since 6.0, though admittedly people could still have some in their warehouse.

The only way legacy players can aquire new labour now is via recharges same as in AA:U, BUT with fewer ways to obtain these than AAU.
    [EDIT] Since MSB has been nerfed, to get 1 recharge on legacy you have 3 options:
    1. Complete 5 daily contracts - as already noted, this forces you to do stuff you aren't interested in/equipped for/have time for (1/day)
    2. Complete Golden Plains Battle (1/day) - have to be online at the right time
    3. Buy from marketplace for 35 loyalty points. You can only get these points while you have patron, and to get 35 requires a week of patron logins so unviable as a daily labour source.

Agree with everything else you said, except 1 halcy per day won't work for people in every timezone, unless it was constantly available.

Quote Originally Posted by Lu5ck View Post
    Sure, daily is also a problem but it is something they already aware and working on it. The fact they change hiram to weekly means they are aware it is a problem and big complain. The thing is there are other problems they don't see it yet and need to be called out for.
    Also, look at this the other way, if you can reduce the time spent on spending labors, doesn't that mean you will have more time for dailies
    Aware and working on it. Yea, right. Turn Hiram Dailies(Blue scrolls and WHM) into weeklies when 90% of the server only need EHM, which fyi is still gonna remain dailies.

*Standing Ovation*

And recent patch added even more dailies, i.e. Hereafter Rebellion and WB(though undoable for now).

*Standing Ovation*

For most people, Dailies take a bigger chunk of their time than Life Skills. THAT is the issue. We're looking at 80% Dailies vs 20% Life Skills split.
    You wont get that that much additional spare time from offloading Life Skills but you can get a couple of hours of spare time from removing dailies.

Only a small % of the population has a bigger focus on Life Skills. For most of us Dailies are the focus, crafting is almost dead, devs killed it, it has been replaced with Dailies that have DIRECT impact to progression.

In vanilla AA, i will definitely agree with you on this topic, progression was heavily tied to crafting and life skills but in current AAU, thats no longer the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Albedo View Post
    Aware and working on it. Yea, right. Turn Hiram Dailies(Blue scrolls and WHM) into weeklies when 90% of the server only need EHM, which fyi is still gonna remain dailies.

*Standing Ovation*

And recent patch added even more dailies, i.e. Hereafter Rebellion and WB(though undoable for now).

*Standing Ovation*

For most people, Dailies take a bigger chunk of their time than Life Skills. THAT is the issue. We're looking at 80% Dailies vs 20% Life Skills split.
    You wont get that that much additional spare time from offloading Life Skills but you can get a couple of hours of spare time from removing dailies.

Only a small % of the population has a bigger focus on Life Skills. For most of us Dailies are the focus, crafting is almost dead, devs killed it, it has been replaced with Dailies that have DIRECT impact to progression.

In vanilla AA, i will definitely agree with you on this topic, progression was heavily tied to crafting and life skills but in current AAU, thats no longer the case.
    Let me ask you a very simple question then. Since it isn't a problem, are you diligently planting and farming?

14k labor, man what the hell are you smoking.
    You playing AA private server or something? Its illegal you know.

That said, who in the right mind would spend full labor pots each day anyways?
    Most people likely spam labor pots till limit on main character and thats usually for synthesis.

Issue is yourself. Your're a carebear farmer, nothing wrong with that but majority of us aren't. And we don't sell gold. Give up some of your farms to others than need it man. And start diligently doing your dailies, just look at the list. So much to do, it takes half a day to complete em all.

Quote Originally Posted by Knownbug View Post
    14k labor, man what the hell are you smoking.
    You playing AA private server or something? Its illegal you know.

That said, who in the right mind would spend full labor pots each day anyways?
    Most people likely spam labor pots till limit on main character and thats usually for synthesis.

Issue is yourself. Your're a carebear farmer, nothing wrong with that but majority of us aren't. And we don't sell gold. Give up some of your farms to others than need it man. And start diligently doing your dailies, just look at the list. So much to do, it takes half a day to complete em all.
    Max labor charges usage = 10423
    Daily labor recharge = 2880
    Sleep once per character (two character) = 400 each (800 total)
    Total 14103

If you don't farm, how you get your golds? You buy your golds?
    If people don't farm, where you get your mats to dump your packs? You again buy your golds?
    If the people that sell you those golds don't farm, where they get their golds? Gamigo give them?
    If the people don't farm, where you get your mats to build your ship? Gamigo drop the mats from the sky?
    If the people don't farm, where you get your mats to do your bonds? Gamigo grant them from some wishing wells?
    Stop spouting nonsense.

Hate it when pvp wannabes making such silly comment.

I totally agree with you guys about the time been consumed on dailies instead having fun,you are forced to spend 8 hours on dailies and if you work its far from been enjoyable, since you have to repeat this ♥♥♥♥ everyday and repeat the same quests .
    Not to mention the time you need to make gold, thats why most ppl quit.
    For me an mmo should be granded by freedom and been fun.Im very competative but i fund myself after 10h of work very tired everyday to hurry up to play halcyona at 21:30 following up by all the events untill reset raid which is already 2-3 am before go to sleep.I have a girl also who needs attention,where i can find time for her?where i can find time to eat first of all?
    Seriously at the moment im not enjoying at all the routine ive been so far repeating the same must do stuff and i now if dont do them i will fall behind,and if i fall behind other players my only option is to quit,and thats where most of ppl have done.
    So my propose as an addicted competative player is very simple. Hurry up and do all the dailies weekly quests with x7 rewards before you loose more ppl.
    I hope someone from the gamigo seriously spend alittle bit of time reading this and i deeply thank him for doing that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2