+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You really need to change your arena system.

You really need to change your arena system.

First of all, I love PvP and arena, when its balanced.
    Arenas I'm going to talk about are """""Equalized"""" arenas.

The first issue when you do arena, is that you can see your opponent(s) class. You face a Melee ? An archer ? Go plate. You face a mage ? Go cloth. No. That's not how the game should work in my opinion. You shouldnt be able to see your opponent and even less his class. You should take the gear that suite your class, not the gear that can counter your opponent.
    Yes, you can avoid being seen by your opponents by stealthing. But not every classes can do it, and it gives a huge advantage to fast loading PCs.

Second problem, for Free-For-All arena and Drill camp.
    Lets start by Drill camp. Premade teams are just too strong and about impossible to beat unless you are extremely lucky on your random compo. Premade got voice chat, can pick the exact classes they need to beat arena. The ennemy team have to deal with random peoples and most of the time bad team compo.
    Free-For-All arena. Yea, you can't "make a premade" team. But you can match with your friends and simply not attack each other, and ofc team up against your opponents. Here again, its really unfair for other players who will suffer 2(or more)v1. You should make it like trials : not showing anyone names. I would also add, give everyone the same apparence. This might not allows peoples to reconize their friends, or at least make it quite harder.

Third issue. Healers. Healers in Free-For-All and 1v1 arenas are over powered. They are unkillable, and only have to wait for you to die from their Witchcraft bubble fall damage. What a skill rewarding gameplay huh ? Spam your heals on yourself, just wait for your bubble CD, and do it the whole "fight".
    Its the same in Free-For-All arena, except that they can oneshot any of the bosses with a dumb skewer. Just be unkillable and spawnkill the bosses : GG WP you are top 1 of the arena.
    Yes, healers should have a chance to win arenas, just like all other classes. But "healer" shouldnt be a cheatcode to make you auto win your arenas either.

Once again I love arenas, it's always fun to face other peoples, if it's balanced. If your oppoent is killable, if every participants would have to pick their gear depending on their classes and not the opponent's class, if no one would be able to team up against you on non team based arenas.

I love arena, I just hope you will be able to change the issues I explained.

why are you asking this? don’t you know what they do not care about all our requests? Tickets are not read for months, and your post on the forum even more so. Humble yourself and play while this cow is milked.

Well at least I'm trying.

+ Reply to Thread