+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions for a better Premium ArchePass and Marketplace Experience

Post Suggestions for a better Premium ArchePass and Marketplace Experience

This suggestion is to help increase reliability behind the Premium ArchePass and give players more options for cosmetics and a more positive and functional marketplace experience.

ArchePass Premium fundamental problems

In general, the ArchePass Premium has 3 big outstanding issues:
    1. Not all premium ArchePass items may be desired, but are technically still paid for by the player. Most players will hold onto these items forever, taking up inventory space, just because technically they paid for them. It's a negative experience and in many cases, annoying for players who are trying to get some value out of items they never cared for.
    2. Each individual ArchePass tends to include duplicate items or different colored versions of items, so players are only encouraged to purchase one ArchePass every season if any at all.
    3. ArchePass cosmetic rewards that only exist in previous ArchePasses are now unobtainable (same for non-premium).

To address all of these we have two suggestions, the first being an overhaul to the marketplace cosmetic experience:

1) Cosmetic Diligence Coin

This would be a cosmetic currency that is collected primarily through purchasable means, and lasts forever. This currency, similar to Diligence Coin, would allow access to a shop in the marketplace that only contains bound cosmetic appearance items such as costumes, furniture, armor/weapon/glider images, and even event items that rotate throughout the year (such as Daru furniture during the Daru Ahnimar event, or halloween items during Fall).

A coin like this would primarily be earned via two sources:
    1. The Premium ArchePass, in addition to continueing to put in regular nicer ArchePass rewards as we currently have at the end of the ArchePass.
    2. Twitch Drops, giveaway events, and other ways that give players a few coins here or there that they can build up over time or encourage people to buy a Premium ArchePass for more.

The Cosmetic Diligence Coin would be a massive favor because it ensures a few things:
    1. Since the marketplace's contents for using Cosmetic Diligence Coins would change seasonally or during events, meaning that players who want additional bound event rewards have a means to get them, (such as those grass fences everyone loves) players are more likely to hoard Cosmetic Diligence Coins even if there is nothing currently on sale that they want.
    2. Since players are more likely to hoard these coins in a rotating cosmetic marketplace system, players are more likely to buy more ArchePasses to gain a greater amount of Cosmetic Diligence Coins for use later. This helps create a reliable, quarterly system of players stocking up on a cosmetic-only currency.

2) Previous ArchePass rewards (Premium and non-premium) need to appear for Credits and Diligence
    Locking off access to items from the old ArchePass like we have currently until an untold time isn't optional, as there is a "fear of missing out" and this creates a negative gameplay and marketplace experience.

Very simply put suggestion: Cosmetic items from the Premium ArchePass should be in the Credit shop after the season ends. Glider/Mount/Pet rewards from the Non-premium ArchePass should be in the Diligence shop after the season ends.

Overall, the goals behind all of the above is to create a more positive atmosphere for the players, allowing a greater variety for cosmetics available at all times to players and a more positive marketplace experience while ensuring a more stable and reliable income from the marketplace.

If you like this suggestion PLEASE COMMENT and let Gamigo/XL know! If there's issues you have with it, or want to see something a little different, please comment with your suggestions as well. Also make sure to checkout my other suggestion: Suggestions for a Better Arena Design and Gameplay and comment on that one with your thoughts as well. Thanks all
    Gameprooe, the Executioner of Enla West
    Solo Player, Researcher, Theorycrafter
    Playing Immortalist full-time on Wynn

Twitch - Twitch.tv/gamepro03
    YouTube - Gamepro03
    Twitter @Gamepro03

Archeage Research & Development Discord - Now public!
    This Discord server's purpose is to mass a collection of like-minded individuals who seek to test and explore the secrets of mechanics behind Archeage. Feel free to hop on by and help out with the project!

@iArches the solution is right there ^ 1 person solved the archepass premium problem

This seems like a much better solution than the current PTS change. If the PTS change goes live, I won't have any interest in continuing to play.

I do find it unusual that Gamigo is interested in taking the same sorts of steps that led to Trion getting sued.

Quote Originally Posted by Seni View Post
    This seems like a much better solution than the current PTS change. If the PTS change goes live, I won't have any interest in continuing to play.

I do find it unusual that Gamigo is interested in taking the same sorts of steps that led to Trion getting sued.
    And losing.
    Everybody loves a Skullknight party
    cuz a Skullknight party don't stop!

So we get 20 missions for the whole month raised eyebrow at this cause u know why, so i start and so far its taking huge amounts of xp and missions to move the tiers example i'm on beginning tier 3 of AP but i've done 8 missions thats lousy rewards now i got 3 items, so we have not seen dilligengence for over 5 weeks lel tier 7 u get 50 diligence that will be another week without diligence or labor chargers cause i only move 3 tiers via 8 missions simple math tells me that much and its bugged cause it constantly wants bluesalt hammers, that's a fail.

Its ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

0 heads up about it
    1 option for a pass
    2 much pay 2 win
    3 reasons to quit playing

this archepass just ♥♥♥♥ed peoples plans, ♥♥♥♥ed the games market, and ♥♥♥♥ed the creators pocketbook when they get sued again for being utterly ♥♥♥♥♥♥ed and making outright illegal changes.

FYI this post is about a better, more marketable way to have the Premium Archepasses work. For complaints about the Pumpkin pass and the direction they were going with that, put your feedback here: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...coming-Changes

If you are reading this post and you want this suggestion to be taken seriously, please post saying so here so Gamigo sees.
    Gameprooe, the Executioner of Enla West
    Solo Player, Researcher, Theorycrafter
    Playing Immortalist full-time on Wynn

Twitch - Twitch.tv/gamepro03
    YouTube - Gamepro03
    Twitter @Gamepro03

Archeage Research & Development Discord - Now public!
    This Discord server's purpose is to mass a collection of like-minded individuals who seek to test and explore the secrets of mechanics behind Archeage. Feel free to hop on by and help out with the project!

+ Reply to Thread