+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is this game worth the money?

Hybrid View

Question Is this game worth the money?

I'm going to purchase this game next month. I have a few questions first though.

1) What is the subscription price?
    2) Which race is best?
    3) Which skillset is best for endgame stuff?
    4) Which server is best?
    5) Which guild is socially best on that server?

Thanks!

One last question...

What were the original 3 races on each side? (I know they went from 3-4-3)

Quote Originally Posted by DrKJonz View Post
    1) What is the subscription price?
    If you want to play Archeage (Legacy) it is between 7€/month (1-year-subscription) and 13€/month (1-month subscription).
    If you want to play on Archeage Unchained, it is a one-time purchase for the main game (16€) and an additional purchase for the current DLC (can't see the price right now). You can also buy it as a bundle (26€). Future DLCs will most likely cost something as well.

The price is the same in $ I think (even though the two currencies don't have the same value).

2) Which race is best?
    Races don't really have a lot of impact on your playstyle. The original 4 races (Nuian, Elves, Harani, Firran) have a racial skill that gives a minor boost and has a long cooldown. I don't know about other players but I personally never really used any of those, but currently I am playing as a Harani and the racial skill let's you reset your Recall cooldown once every 30 minutes which is quite nice. But that's not really a reason to join this race. The 2 newer races (Dwarves, Warborn) don't have a racial skill but they can transform for a short amount of time. Their transformation isn't really used by the players except for a party trick.
    -> Choose your race based on whether or not you like their looks.

(PS: I read someone talking about certain races having a boost in certain classes but that is simply not true.)

3) Which skillset is best for endgame stuff?
    Can't really say for sure, because there is always something out there that is able to counter you. I can only give the advise of not going for hybrid classes. You are your best if you excel at what it is you are doing. First you must be able to play the class you choose. Then you need to gear according to your class and playstyle (that means you shouldn't mix stats but focus on your main stats and try to reach the cap).
    Of course there are some basics like: If you often engage in fast-paced large scale pvp you might not want to take skills that have a long cast time and choose insta-cast skills instead.

4) Which server is best?
    5) Which guild is socially best on that server?
    You seem to play on NA servers based on your past forum entries, so I can't help you with that. However you should point out which version of the game you want to play (AA vs AAU). Then again most players only see their own server and can't really compare. The same applies for guilds of other factions. It's even harder when you ask for "socially best" because that's very subjective.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Oops!

AAU, EU (I play in my mornings and afternoons. which corresponds with Eu being evenings and nights.)

You might want to hop into Gamigo's Discord https://discord.gg/archeageofficial and post in the #eu-guild-recruitment sub channel [under the UNCHAINED DISCUSSION CHANNEL].

+ Reply to Thread