+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning player starting over

Question Returning player starting over

I'm returning after so long, I was surprised to find characters on my Glyph account. It wasn't until I logged in and everything seemed vaguely familiar that I recalled trying it out with some friends years ago before deciding to play Wildstar.

So I'm back, and two characters is the limit. Everything about my characters is an absolute mystery, so it's time to start over. Before I delete one, I have a question.

How do I send money and stuff between characters? Browsing the forums, I see people mention mailing money and stuff, but not how. I haven't been able to find a mailbox in the world or anything in the game UI that acts like mail.

Any help, please?

OK, I found a sphere with an owl on it that acts like a mailbox. Now to find one on my other character...

Welcome back

Hi there, just a tip about where to get help for this kind of question, as this forum isn't monitored very actively by Gamigo - or many players - any more.

You don't mention which server you're on but if you left for Wildstar, it would be one of the legacy aka f2p servers*.
    1. Try asking fellow players in your in-game Nation chat. Players on the legacy servers are used to returning players now and are mostly pretty helpful. Depending on the time of day you may have to wait till people aren't asleep or busy with raid content though.
    2. Ask in the #legacy-new-player-help channel in Gamigo's Discord. Note links can't be shared in there though.

Also, depending on your character's level and quest progress you may not need to 'start over', as you can change pretty much everything about them including skills, appearance and gear, though not their name or race currently. All races now progress at a faster pace through to Level 30.
    • Tips:
    • To change skills, visit a priestess at a 'Nui' shrine and pay her a few silver.
    • To change appearance or gender, you need a purchased Certificate for credits from the Marketplace, or buy from another player on the Auction House (visit an Auctioneer npc). You can preview and customise appearance via the Salon in the front page of the marketplace.
    • For ways to change gear, ie get gear suited to a different class, you have up to 3 different options for obtaining Hiram gear, which can take you through to end game.

To check your progress through your Race Story, type L to open your Quest Log and click the Race tab. For the easiest path, you want the Rank 3 Awakening scrolls awarded by your Race story (aka green quests, story quests) at Diamond Shores (also gives a Crimson watch Cloak) as these specific scrolls are needed to awaken 'Explorer' gear into Hiram gear.

For tips on what to go for in terms of stats etc for different classes see here (guide is for the SEA servers and some translations differ from NA/EU servers, eg 'Ancient' equipment = 'Explorer' aka story equipment; blunts = clubs; Damage Repair Certificate = Decrystallization Scroll, apart from that it's the same).
      Sentiment's playlist here gives an overview of current end game gear, if you'd like more detail on that.
      This video explains how to re-roll stats on story and Hiram gear.
      5 tips for grinding Hiram gear here

Hope it helps.

*In Oct 2019 some newer 'Unchained' servers were launched by the same publisher with different monetisation: essentially, paid DLC + optional premium battlepass instead of the optional Patron sub you have on legacy servers. There are other small differences, mainly in the cash shop but the actual game version is the same. If you like the 'potato' aspects of the game a lot, you might want to check out Unchained as it comes with perma Patron, ie you don't have to keep up a paid sub to own land there.

Thanks sblmnl. I've been chewing on various threads here and on Reddit to acquaint myself with the current state of the game.

One thing that appears to have been removed since I played is the crafting tutorial that walks you through getting your basic tools like the blue salt knife. I'm guessing that I need to just buy required tools from the appropriate vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamitochondria View Post
    Thanks sblmnl. I've been chewing on various threads here and on Reddit to acquaint myself with the current state of the game.

One thing that appears to have been removed since I played is the crafting tutorial that walks you through getting your basic tools like the blue salt knife. I'm guessing that I need to just buy required tools from the appropriate vendors.
    It hasn't been removed. It was just moved to a different place at a higher level. The questline begins at lvl30 in Solisa, Halcyona.
    The questline that rewards you with the farm has also had its requirements increased to lvl50.
    As you can see, that's not gone. It has actually been improved into a really good questline with tons of rewards.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

+ Reply to Thread