+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP Arena foodbuffs/potions

As a Abolisher I love to pot in 1vs1 arena. Just to restore half of my health with 1 Pot and see all the tryhards sweat even more.
    BonBon ~ Templar
    Ascension

I call food etc "economical metagame" and its of utmost importance for a healthy game, that crafting stays RELEVANT. And PvP is the reason for cooking and alchemy to stay relevant.

Also PvP will never be "fair" considering the gear differences. Also food does not impact the "fairness" as much as gear does. (wow, you have +60int, now you do ~5% more damage, this will completly turn all of the fights!)

Buying food and potions is 1:1 the same as buying items to improve your combat power, why is it so difficult to grasp this concept?

(I am neither alchemist nor cook, but I dont see why those 2 professions should be ruined because scrubs do not understand that there is this "economical metagame")

Let smart people be heard:

Looking at your signature you might not understand the nature of PvP in sandboxy games. PvP here is not only the actual combat itself, but the whole game and metagame are part of it. The combat is only the culmination of all the preparatory work and if you find yourself in a fair fight you made mistakes in the preparation. ArcheAge is about domination, resource denial, pushing the economy and using all means possible to get an edge in those areas of the game. Everything from spy networks to consumables plays a role in that. AA is more like EvE than WoW.

Id say that gear and skills should be the factor in areana.. not the amount of buffs from other players/potions/worldbuffs
    Some people really go far to get those extra buffs to be able to win easier..
    If you can kill it - Kill it
    If you can steal it - Steal it

SECRET ORDER

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMulen View Post
    Id say that gear and skills should be the factor in areana.. not the amount of buffs from other players/potions/worldbuffs
    Some people really go far to get those extra buffs to be able to win easier..
    By the same logic, those that go really, really, really far for good gears are just trying to win easier. Don't be a hypocrite, either gears and buffs are fine since they both come from crafting, which involve grind and/or money, or they both aren't.

I agree with OP.

In this game, the sandbox aspect is #1, however, outside of duels, there is no way to test your skill vs another player 1v1. The Arena is a place where you may queue to fight others 1v1.

There needs to be a place in this game, where players may queue to fight each other 1v1 as a test of skill. The 1v1 should be it.

ITT: People too lazy to grind consumable based professions and/or grind money for it and literally are crying about facing someone who was dedicated enough to.

ℳ𝓾𝓼𝒆
    ᴋʏʀɪᴏs ♔ ᴍᴏʀᴘʜᴇᴜs ♔ ʀᴇᴄᴋᴏɴɪɴɢ
    𝔸𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒 𝕓𝕒𝕜𝕒?

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSagas View Post
    I agree with OP.

In this game, the sandbox aspect is #1, however, outside of duels, there is no way to test your skill vs another player 1v1. The Arena is a place where you may queue to fight others 1v1.

There needs to be a place in this game, where players may queue to fight each other 1v1 as a test of skill. The 1v1 should be it.
    You said it yourself, outside of duel, so within duel you can test w.e you want. Also if you want skill to be the only the sole factor then arena isn't it as people can bring in gears from outside, which can be as good as delphinad weapons. Those buffs are nice, but eating some food and getting 60 plus agi is nothing compare to a divine delphinad bow. You can have all the buffs you want, give me that bow and you use the hasla bow then we can stand still shooting each other to see which is better.

We don't even have rank yet, but already there are people using buffs and crafting BiS. Imagine when ladder come to arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasabot View Post
    Buying food and potions is 1:1 the same as buying items to improve your combat power, why is it so difficult to grasp this concept?
    Exactly. You can spend enormous amounts of gold on weapons, thats ok, but if someone buys a potion, its an issue.
    It sounds like the people who play mostly for PvP, and do no crafting, are complaining about someone else getting an advantage.
    Why not buy the food too? Why not get the buffs too? If they can, you can. Sounds fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Taar View Post
    AA is more like EvE than WoW.
    AA wishes it was half of what EVE is.
    facing someone who was dedicated enough to.
    Open AH. Spend money. Dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by Caddywhompus View Post
    ArcheAge was not, is not, and will never be about arenas (maybe someone should've told you). Sure they're fun, but they mean absolutely nothing here. It's all about open world PvP, Arena is just a minigame.
    Finally, someone who knows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast