+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ability Lag/Intermitent Spikes since latest Patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Holymartyr View Post
    Thanks for the video! I've included it in the main post
    I recorded all the clips at around 2-3 am last night, I think that's why the lag spikes weren't as bad as prime time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nei View Post
    Great video example, thanks for doing that.

For what it's worth, I've been trying the different "gamer VPN' options out there. WTFast and Battleping didn't seem to have any effect, but I've actually been able to play pretty smoothly today using PingZapper. Haven't noticed any lag spikes after a few hours online. *knocks on wood* So I'm starting to think it may be something with the routing from my ISP to the server after all. I hope Trion/XL figures out a way to fix this in lieu of everyone having to subscribe to something like PingZapper just to be able to play. :/

Did you route to DFW? YES no lag with pingzapper!!! cost only 4$ its completely a routing issue

Still unplayable for me even with pingzapper. Didn't notice any lag/rubber banding for the first 10 mins at least.

I routed to Dallas #1

so we have to subsrcibe to a 3rd party to play the game? nice
    Xyshina <Outcry>
    Ollo Server

Did a trial of pingzapper, worked for me. Looks like Trion is not connecting people to the right servers and thats causing desync.
    Xyshina <Outcry>
    Ollo Server

Quote Originally Posted by mik3d View Post
    Did you route to DFW? YES no lag with pingzapper!!! cost only 4$ its completely a routing issue
    I connected through LA, haven't tried DFW but that might work even better since the servers are in TX.

Quote Originally Posted by rokannis View Post
    Did a trial of pingzapper, worked for me. Looks like Trion is not connecting people to the right servers and thats causing desync.
    Did the same trial of Pingzapper...didn't work for me =/ Used New York 1 as that's closest to me...trying Dallas 4 next...

Update: Still an issue for me...

Update2: More tests with Pingzapper indicate a possible reduction of the lag, but it's still there for certain...=/

I still can't understand how this could be a routing issue as this only started happening AFTER the 2nd-to-last update...

I wasn't lagging until 2 patches ago were it started.. BUMP

P.S. Pingzapper doesn't help at all

I have seen these issues as well. Though from time to time I've also seen rubber-banding on land. Heck the other day I had 2-5 seconds where the game stood still and everyone ran in place (and a carriage sat in the road unmoving), until suddenly everything jumped into motion again. To a lesser degree I see it with abilities. I get no less than 32 fps (Hasla token farming during the rift event) and usually 60-100 fps (questing/dungeons/etc). I get 55ms to 80 ms latency using ping (ping depends highly on time of day, late night it gets higher) to the Archeage servers.

As a network engineer/network admin It sure seems like it's a routing issue form them back to me. I say that because my actions 'catch up' on screen when the lag ends, so it seems like they did go off. This makes some roles in dungeons for instance very hard (tanking and healing, both of which can be very time sensitive). Last night I was healing the Cradle Dungeon in Rookborne Basin and during a boss fight I started lagging and rubber-banding until eventually the game gave up and I was disconnected (lag, update, lag, update, lag, update, lag... Poof). Needless to say without healing the group all went down. On a later run we had another player who desynced so bad that he couldn't see us, though we could see him run by us multiple times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast